NY's Eve Chat - Friday, December 31

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Happy Seventh Day of Christmas! The seven swans a swimmin' would be sloshing instead here today. We have rain and warm temps - going to 51F today. I may have to break out my sandals!

We had a lovely anniversary meal last night - I do love rack of lamb although it's not OP, of course. Tomorrow reality hits and I drag out the scale to weigh in for the new year. I'm really hoping not to have to change my ticker to a higher weight.

Today will be an odds and ends day with some laundry, one bill to pay and a big decision to be made over whether or not I go to friend Bob's party tonight. Harry wants me to go but I'm not sure I do! A quiet night at home with a book and a movie is more appealing. I guess I'm getting old.

I see there's a NY's Resolution thread. I guess I should think on that and make some realistic resolutions.

So what's happening at your place to ring in 2005? Got a minute to chat?
  • Hi Ruthie,
    It's been a few months since I have visited the site and even longer since I have posted. The process of looking and buying a house was more overwhelming than I had expected, and well staying OP, wasn't really easy. We were either packing up the apt or painting and cleaning the new house to get ready for moving day. We were eating out most nights and unfortunately I gave into temptation and ate things that were really yummy to me. I guess I felt I needed the "comfort food" and I got to tell you...It did feel good. And of course the holidays didn't help either. We've been travelling since the 22nd and am looking forward to getting home and back to a more normal routine.

Anyway, Tim and I are going back OP after the New Year to lose the few pounds I have gained since October and to get down to my goal weight. It's a great time to start and excited to get to posting again. We now live on a lake with a walking path around it, tennis courts and a swimming pool, so I have no excuse to not exercise since it's pretty much at my doorstep.

We're ringing in the New Year with a few close friends. We fly in at 2:30, have to grocery shop and clean our house for guests coming at 7ish. Thank goodness they are good friends and know that 1. We just moved and 2. We've been away so I know expections won't be too high.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Years Eve. Looking forward to getting caught up with many of you on your progress OP.

Cheers!
    Sheila
  • Nice to see you back, Sheila, and Happy New Year to you and yours too.
  • Thanks Ruthie...it's nice to be back!
  • Good Morning!

Hi everyone! Hope everyone's day is going well. I'm feeling good today. TOM finally started and I always feel better once that happens. Now if I could only weigh in good tomorrow that would be great. I'm looking forward to tonight. I feel I have things well planned and I plan to stay pretty much OP.

Artemis - Happy New Year already!

Bami - Slow down girl. Now I know why your knee hurts you never stop running! It's making my knee hurt.

Ruth - Happy anniversary! Rack of Lamb yummy! Go to the party! I tried to stay home too but finally submitted to peer pressure to go out.

Shequila - Hi

To all the chicks to come - Have a safe and happy holiday!
  • Good morning, Chickies!~~

Hi Shequila, welcome back.

Ruth, hard to believe you've gone from snowed in to 51 degrees! Sheesh!

Not much here...going to be in the 60's. I'm making a concerted effort to be as lazy as possible today.

But, I must get my shower or there will be no hot water left...so you chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
  • Hey, everyone!

Ruth, it's 6 degrees C out! And there's water dripping down one wall in the attic craft room. No matter. Life is good.
    I'm glad you had a good anniversary!
    The book and a movie sound good to me, too. I was "old" at 20.

Sheila, welcome back! I know what you mean about moving... when we bought this house, DH and I each gained 10 pounds through eating out/getting take-outs.

Amy, enjoy your TOM. I should be getting mine any day now, damnit.
    Have fun tonight!

Mamacita, enjoy your "lazy day"!

One of DS's little friends keeps calling (DS is still sleeping), and I've finally tucked the damned phone under the cushions in the living room so I don't have to hear the ringing. Little bugger... leave one message, and wait for a response!!

I know I'm boring you, but those mice are STILL mucking about in here!! I wish you could hear the noise they're making... I'm going to pick up some new and improved poison today!!

Going to get more coffee...
  • Carpe diem!
    Hi everyone, seize the day! Or more like Carpe annu....seize the year!

Looking forward to having a nice quiet night at home. I see too much in the ER to go out celebrating tonight. There have been some horrific accidents and heartbreak this past week and I'm glad to have a few days off.

I took the rest of the holiday treats to the ER to get them out of my kitchen. ER nurses will eat anything!

I'm excited about a New Year, I'm glad the stress of Christmas is over and I'm ready to put myself back on the top of the totum pole. This was not a fun Christmas because of all the obligations and needing to be 5 different people. Somehow I will make next Christmas different.

Ruth, have fun with your laundry. Have a great celebration tonight and congrats on the anniversary!

Shequila, welcome back. Glad you got moved and are settled. Maybe I'll come to your house to exercise, it sounds lovely.

Anchor weight, it's so great that you have the evening food planned. You are sure motivating to me.

Mama, try really hard to do nothing. I know it will be difficult for you, but I think you would enjoy it!

Ellis, have a great New year with your mouseguests!

Well, we're finally getting snow here. Now I feel like Christmas. Hope we get a ton. DH is out splitting wood for the fireplace, I love cozy!

Well ladies! Have a Happy New Year! Thanks for all the great support and encouragement this year. Wear your seatbelts........I could be your nurse!
  • Just a really quick hello. Will read the other posts when I get home tonight. Busy day with work and then the 4 yo granddaughter will be spending the night. Everyone have a very Happy New Year! celebration. I woke up with a cold, fun fun fun.
  • Hi, guys! Busy day. I went in my son's room and filled three large boxes for a garage sale. He and my husband are pack rats and hate to get rid of happy meal toys. Luckily he rarely gets kids meals any more since we seldom eat fast food.

I did go shopping yesterday. I did not replace my size 16's with size 12's after all. I bought 10's!!!!! Also bought a pair of size 10 Lee jeans that are a little snug but fit and look good. Now I wear the same size as my younger sister who has always been skinny.

We had a chance to spend the evening at a party but it would have meant driving after midnight and the traffic here can be very dangerous. Besides I am just not a night person. We are having two couples over for dinner tomorrow. I'm making veggie/ground beef lasagna as well as 5 Spice Chicken. I made that for dinner last night and even my husband who hates chicken loved it! It's from the cookbook and was really good.
  • Have a safe and happy evening everyone. Crablegs at home this evening. We rented a few movies, and some gamecube games for the kids. I plan to relax and to count myself lucky! Come tomorrow, when everyone is thinking about their resolutions to lose weight, we will be rejoicing because we have a leg up on them and are doing so well already! We really need to be proud, and pat ourselves on the back!

Julia
  • Signing off for today and wishing everyone a safe and fun evening.

I have decided to go to Bob's party just for the beforehand socializing and not to stay for dinner which he never gets on the table until 10:30 or so! It's sort of tacky, I guess, but I really don't want Harry on his own for very long tonight and my back up folk are all partying. So I'll go around 8:30 or 9, drink a glass or two of champagne, slurp an oyster or six and then come home to my book.

Ellis tells me 2005 is the year we are going to lose weight. What a concept! I think I weigh about what I weighed last NY's Eve.

• It's scary to pick up the phone and hear Ruth singing The Twelve Honkin' Days of Christmas. Sort of puts you in a spin.

Everyone have a safe, enjoyable evening!

BTW, Ruth, I just brought my hammock in from outside. I figured it was the perfect time with this weather. No doubt we'll be plunged back into winter tomorrow.
  • Geez! My cushions are still on the deck chairs. I'd better get them in too!
  • I know, I know... I left all my pots out, too. I tried turning them on their sides today, but they're frozen to the ground. I suppose they'll all be cracked next spring.
    This winter came too soon! (not that I'm EVER ready)