I have always struggled with New Year's resolutions and have found that, until I am ready mentally and physically to commit to a resolution, the chance of failure is really high. Soooo, for the past few years I have not set resolutions at the beginning of the year, but have happened into them during the year, when I know the time is right.
This past year, I committed to:
1. Losing weight and reaching goal (May 14)...that was accomplished by November 5.
2. Buying property in Calgary for retirement (April 24)...that was accomplished by October 15.
3. Paying off all debt, except for the mortgage on the new property (April 24)...that was accomplished by October 30.
4. Updating Wills (April 24)...hmmmm, missed that one, but will need to put it on the list for this year. We had to tell our 30-year old daughter that the latest will says that she needs to go live with her aunt and uncle if something should happen to us.
Soooo, for 2005 the first on the list is:
1. Update Wills....
2. One that I am really ready for is the weight related one. I really must maintain my weight, or, if the fancy strikes me, lose another 5 pounds.
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember.... Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic.
WW 186/125.75/120 May 2002
/130 May - Nov. 2004
SBD 188/179/130 May 2012
May Goal: 10 pounds
Start Weight: 188
Present Weight: 179
Lost: 9 pounds
Remaining: 1 pounds