South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 07:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Thumbs up Monday After Christmas Chat!

Good morning, girls!

I don't know about the rest of you who fell off the wagon over the past few days, but today is D-day for me! I'm back on track, and looking forward to the coming year. This is my year to be trim and fit. 2005. No more excuses. I lost 6 pounds just before Christmas, and I'm continuing the downward trend.

There is a HONKIN' MOUSE in my pantry!! Doesn't he know I'm in here!?!?

Going to get coffee. How is your day looking?
Old 12-27-2004, 07:47 AM   #2  

So the post Christmas run down isn't great for me... the altercations with my MIL inspired some bloody awful eating.. well drinking as well - which is very unlike me... sigh.. but as you mentioned Ellis... today is a new day! Well tomorrow will be in my case

My husband is on holidays for two weeks and we are going to keep up with the walking everyday and see how go. I would like to lose another kilo if I can by the end of the week and that will give me a loss of 10 kilos or 22 pounds for the year.. Not startling results but a start none the less... Plus I would like to buy a new frock to wear to the ballet in two months which was my gift from Santa... Swan Lake will be lovely!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 12-27-2004, 08:23 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks I too fell off the wagon ( well to tell the truth I was never really on it the last few months ) But I did do worse the last few day and I feel yucky for it. I am going to clean out the fridge today. As we are snowed in at the moment.

Ellis- maybe that mouse will nibble at all the bad stuff in the pantry then you will have to throw it out. Glad it is at your house and not mine I think I would have to move out. Those dang things scare me to death.

Artemis02- What a lovely gift tickets to Swan Lake. Just keep thinking about a new outfit and I am sure you will make your goal.

To the rest of you chicks still to come.... Good morning.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Chickies, I'm back!
My old cranky computer finally gave up, and I was without one until Jake got me a new one for Christmas.
Life has been pretty busy the past month or so. I hosted a large baby shower for my daughter in November, and in early Dec I went to Jamaica for 9 glorious days. It was the first time I'd ever been there, and I just loved it. When I got back, it was the big rush to finish Christmas shopping, decorate, and get my baking done. Then our new granddaughter was born Dec 23, so I was in NJ with them, and back home for Christmas, and back there again, and now I'm home again. I think I'm going to stay put for a week or two! Needless to say, I haven't been sticking to my diet very well. I've gained 5 lbs, and I'm ready to take it off and get back on track. So here I am.
I need to read all the old posts to see what's been happening with you gals, and catch up! Hope you all are doing great and enjoying the holidays.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:36 AM   #5  

Good morning, everyone! It's quiet at work this morning. I think most people are still on vacation.

Ellis - You have a great attitude! I'm sure you will continue your downward trend. Most of my Christmas goodies are gone now but I definitely ate more than I should.

Artemis - Sounds like you have a great goal! Swan Lake sounds like fun.

Little Chick - I think most of us fell off the wagon over Christmas. But we can just pick ourselves up and start all over again. (now I have that song running through my head...)

cottage - Welcome back! And congratulations on the new granddaughter.

Me - I need to freeze the leftover muffins. I've been eating too many just so they won't spoil. The turkey/black bean soup was pretty good last night and I have a big bowl packaged up for lunch today. I have lots of healthy meals planned for this week and have my workout clothes in the car. I still have over 5 hours of exercise left to reach my goal but I am going to give it my best shot.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:02 AM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good morning!

Sounds like everyone is about the same. I went to the movies yesterday and brought the rest of the cinn/splenda pecans to get rid of them. They are OP but they trigger the sugar monster for me. Not sure why but they are gone now and I'm back to eating the overnight slaw for breakfast with the mini quiches. I think I need to have a veggie crackdown for awhile. I managed to stay out of the potatoes and goodies but still had too many nuts, wine and cheeses. I've been invited to a 7 course dinner for New Years Eve but I'm afraid to go. It definitly won't be OP and I want to stay on track. I'll have to think this one through.

I have the funniest pictures of overindulgence that if I can figure out how to upload them I will - you will laugh out loud.

Have a great day!
Old 12-27-2004, 10:11 AM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Ok

I think I have this figured out - Do these remind us of anyone? I think I'm the first cat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg file003.jpg (20.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg OVERDOSE.jpg (22.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 12-27-2004, 10:27 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ellis - Onward and downward! I'm with you on this! And I have mice again too! Little buggers!

Artemis - I love Swan Lake and a new frock is a great incentive.

Little Chick - I'm joining you in the Christmas sins. I think H. and I ate two to four pounds of Christmas cake since December 1.

Cottage - I'm so glad you are back. Major congratulations on the enw grand baby! What a Christmas gift!

Barb - I'm glad it's quiet at work today - time to decompress! I am going to get Claire's turkey carcass and make us both a big batch of turkey and black bean soup. She hates making turkey soup but loves eating it.

Anchor - I love the pudgy piggy kitty pics! I feel like the first one too!

I thought my ISP was down this morning so didn't pop in first thing. I just discovered the net connection was unplugged! Ahem!

I was going to keep the scale hidden until after New Years but did get on it the other day. I am back out of ONEderland and had to change my ticker. I know very well why too! I think I went onto Phase 9 for a while there. I was back on track this morning with a Laughing cow and smoked salmon breakfast and no carbs!

Son, DIL and grand daughter were here for lunch yesterday. Llots of excitement as the tree fell down. Nobody was hurt but the Girls immediately tackled all the candy canes! Too funny!

Today I tackle Mount Laundry and also try to figure out where to put my treadmill which I'll get picked up today, I hope.

Have a super Monday, chickies.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Amy(Anchor) - I have a cat that looks like cat one... seriously maybe I should put her on Southbeach?
Old 12-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Whew!

All the kids went skiing this morning. What a nightmare to get them out the door. Enjoying the day off, my MIL is here and my DH is home so we're looking forward to relaxing. I'm sitting in the computer room where my daughter and son-in-law are staying and it looks like a tornado came and stayed. They leave tomorrow and my son that is in the military leaves next Monday.

I am doing a threepeat! Third time on phase 1. I'm OK with that. Started this AM. I hate making New Year's resolutions so I'm getting ahead. We don't do anything big for New Years so my temptation holidays are over. I've put out the candy and thrown stuff away just to get it out. The weight gain wasn't as bad as I thought it would be so I'm ready to get my "life" back.

Glad you are all well.

Cottagebythesea, it was good to read your post! Glad to have you back and among us.

Ellis, I love your attitude....onward and downward! YA, you go girl! I'm gonna spiral downhill with you

Artemis, sorry about the altercation with the fam.....or more sorry about the bad eating. I had an issue with my parents that absolutely ruined my Christmas dinner.

Little chick, enjoy being snowed in. I wish we were. I love snow during the holidays if I dont' have to go anywhere and I know my loved ones are safe and sound.

Barb, sounds like you have a plan of attack. You're my hero. I'm going to have to try the turkey black bean soup.

Anchor weight, I loved the pictures. The first one is definitely me..........major eating hangover.

Ruth, I wasn't sure there was a phase 9 but I was definitely doing phase somethingotherthanwhatIshouldbedoing!

Glad to have the stress of the holidays over and I'm so ready to be back on track. Look forward to getting there with you all.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:31 AM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

amyjo - Believe it or not my latest issue of low carb magazine has a new diet wave lo-carb for pets. I'll check the issue and im you with the proper name and issue date.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:02 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

My Girls already eat low carb - they are on raw meat with ground bones and veggies!
Old 12-27-2004, 02:31 PM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks I am snowed in. They have not even plowed my road in hours and hours and hours. My two dd's are stuck at grandmas house we tired to go get them but could not get out. I had a little nap and of course I have not stopped eating. If it was not so windy out I think I would actually go for a walk. The whole city is pretty much shut down.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:27 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Geez, Litttle Chick, at least you can be glad your DDs are with Grandma. Cuddle with DH, unhand the food and enjoy the peace!
Old 12-27-2004, 05:54 PM   #15  

Unhappy newbie

Hi Guys,

This is my first time on your forum. From what I have seen, it is formed by a really cool group of chicks. I have been on SBD since Feb 04 and have lost a great deal. I am now faced with an excess of free time and too much family togetherness , so am looking for some extra support to make sure I make it into the New Year without losing sight of my healthy weight loss goal (and healthy lifestyle).

I have been regularly going to the gym 2 x week, cycling 1 x week and powerwalking 5 x week. Now, since it is too cold, my family is way too close, too many free days and my personal trainer has had problems that have kept him from the gym, I am afraid my weight will start skyrocketing. I think I know what to do (exercise indoors ) but I can't find how to make that fun.

Any ideas and encouragement welcome.

Happy Holidays!!!
Closed Thread