South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 09:02 PM   #1  

Default *~*Weekend Chat 18/19*~*

Good Morning Everyone

No doubt this thread will be really early for some of you!

I have been off the boards for a few days due to a virus, but I am feeling much better today.. my voice is finally back WOO HOO. I have to be honest and say that this week wasn't a great week.. just wanted easy and quick foods, so a fair bit of bread and pasta snuck in there But we are back OP today....

I was getting concerned about Christmas day and Boxing day, as we are at other people's houses and may not have access to great SBD foods, but after reading some of the threads, I can still make positive choices and sort of do a phase 3 thing for the two days...

Speaking of Christmas I am still yet to do my shopping We live very close to the CBD so I think I will take a walk in over the weekend and brave the crowds...

I hope you all have a postive OP weekend.

Cheers,
Marianna
Old 12-18-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Marianna, and thanks for starting us up. You certainly are ahead of us all!

I got up around 6 and dealt with The Girls and my coffee addiction. We are expecting a dump of snow later today so I'll do my outside "chores" and take Harry to the Library this morning. My neighbours are having the first of a string of Christmas parties tonight and I'm darn glad I just need to walk up the hill. I'll have dinner before I go so the party food won't be too tempting. I find that "just one" can set me off so will avoid that first bite. I'm taking diet gingerale which looks just like Scotch and soda in a glass so the booze won't be a problem.

What's on your plate for the weekend?
Old 12-18-2004, 08:54 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Ruth... You are funny! (ging. n scotch) Great ideas! Nuttin much happenin around here. Waiting on my friend to get here from Tn. We are goin to a movie and lunch! DH called a contractor to come and give us an estimate on remoldeling our bedroom/ bathroom. We want to totally move the bathroom! Can you say major project! teehee Went and bought my new dishwasher lastnight! (FINALLY) I was set on a maytag but at the last minute went with a whirpool. Nicer dishwasher and less money. The guy at Lowe's said he would pick whirlpool over maytag so we will see! Well contractor is here. Have a great day all!
Good evening Marianna!
Old 12-18-2004, 09:42 AM   #4  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning...

Bamie, that's a very major project. Hope you enjoy your new dishwasher; ours is on its last legs and needing replacement in a bad way.

Good plan with the g'ale Ruth. We have an open house to go to "any time after 4" today. We'll have dinner first too, and I'll focus on the company instead of the goodies.

Marianna, I'm glad you're feeling better.

We're having a home gym delivered this afternoon! The bad news is that we have to spend all morning in the garage making room for it. By then I should be too tired to workout.

Enjoy the morning!
Old 12-18-2004, 11:54 AM   #5  

Morning, everyone! I got stuck working on a customer issue for 7 hours straight yesterday. For awhile I wasn't sure I was going to make the dinner out but then we took a break for the night. I was right about Spaghetti Warehouse. Not a good place to eat OP. I had the soup and salad (vinegar and oil). Their wedding soup was actually not bad except for the noodles but it only had a few so I think that was okay. I did eat some sourdough bread but I kept it to a little. Everyone else had huge plates of pasta. Brian and I came home afterwards and let DH go for dessert. It was late by then anyway and I wasn't hungry.

I had to work this morning for a couple of hours but I'm free for the rest of the weekend. ANOTHER birthday party to take Brian to this afternoon. What is it about December birthdays?
Old 12-18-2004, 12:14 PM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi everyone,

I tried posting the recipe for Cinnamon Splenda nuts last night but it seemed to go into cyber space. I'll have to look around to find it. I tried to re-post it but the message said I had already posted it. Bad news is they seem to trigger my sugar monster (even though they don't have sugar) so I may not be able to make them again. I seperated them into 1/4 cup bags so I just grab a single serving. We'll see how I do today. They must be good because DS has been eating them too!

I just DS off for a b-day party! Hope he has fun. I'm making my critical list of people who still need presents and when. Then I have to finish shopping this weekend and next week.

I'll check in later!
Old 12-18-2004, 12:59 PM   #7  
Darrell's Girl

Hi, Everyone! I'm having a full weekend as my best friend is visiting me for Christmas (first Christmas without her kids since her divorce) and my son is coming home from the Marines for 2 weeks. We're going to spend tomorrow baking cookies for my daughter's class and decorating our tree.

I was not as bad as I thought I was going to be when it came to staying OP, but at least I didn't gain any weight.

Have any of you watched the documentary called "Supersize Me"? I was floored when I watched it and it has really turned me into what my son fondly refers to as the Food ****. LOL Between SBD, Supersize Me, and all the trans fat sites I've been looking at, I'm turning into a label-reading freak! LOL

Anyone else do that, too?
Old 12-18-2004, 01:50 PM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

I saw SuperSize Me a few months ago, and was floored too. I haven't been to a fast food restaurant for ages - and the movie made me vow I'll not be eating at one again. I was reading journals a couple of weeks ago - a young mom was writing about how healthily she was eating, but was taking her kids to McD's 2 or 3 times a week. It's frightening how the fast food industry has affected so many people.

I'm a label reader too - I think it's a great habit to get into. We've been eating so much fresh and whole stuff that we rarely end up eating much that's labelled.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:07 PM   #9  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Aileen, I too read labels and my dh, kids, and grandkids are getting a dose of me reminding them that might not be the best choice for their well-being. Teenagers don't want to hear that! :snf:

Barb, sorry you had to work on all day on that one thing. Sounds like you handled the Christmas Party very well. Good job.

Okay, for us on the south side of Canada. What is boxing day? I have seen it on calendars and wondered.

Ruth, I do the same thing except I have soda water and a tiny splash of grapefruit juice with a salted rim then no one bugs me about not drinking anything. And, the really fun part, I get to watch all of them get silly. How is your knee holding up?

I got a new dishwasher this year, I ended up with the Maytag. Love it and I bet you will love the Whirlpool too. I also bought the Whirlpool washer and dryer front loader, the washer uses 4 1/2 gallons of water per load, amazing to watch. The fridge is about 20 years old and is an Amana. So we are a mixed bag around here for appliances.

I am scared to watch Supersize Me! Maybe it would be good huh? Keep out of those places where there isn't any SBD food anyway.

I am off to a full day again. I am going to have to take a couple of days off to finish getting ready for Christmas, someone has to wrap those darn presents. I didn't know what to get my dh but yesterday one of his speakers blew out in his pickup so I will get him new ones w/installation. He is hard to buy for because he just goes and buys what he wants. Guess maybe I will get him a couple of CD's too. That is hard too because he and I do not even listen to the same music. He is hard core rock n' roll and I like a variety. Off to work, talk to you all later, have a wonderful day.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:17 PM   #10  
Canadian, eh?

IMHO, SuperSize Me should be mandatory viewing for everyone...I think North America's health would improve dramatically!
Old 12-18-2004, 08:48 PM   #11  
Faith in me

I have yet to see Super Size Me...I need to rent that one night...Well...I seem to have fallen off the bandwagon a few days now...not good...someone slap my hand and tell me no! I'm staying away from the cookies....and the nuts....I've actually added a few lbs back and well I'm not posting my weight until I get it back to where it is on here...amazing in just a days....sigh...oh well that's what I get though....Work was slow today so I got to come home early...I went to a funeral....I dunno if you all remember me talking about my dear friend that past away back in Sept...but her husband past away last week and was buried today. I feel so sad for the family, but I know now that her husband is happy to be with her again. On the good note though, one of the ladies that shops at my store who works for another Talbots has joined in with the South Beach diet...I gave her the website here for her to check out...She told me she lost 11lbs in 2 weeks! How great is that! I'm so proud of her! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!! I miss you girls!!
Old 12-19-2004, 05:02 AM   #12  

Well my shopping expedition ended up better than I had hoped. The crowds were big, but the queues moved quite fast. Also I picked up a recipe book called "501 low carb recipes" which is full of some great meals. It is broken up into losing weight fast, losing weight slow and then maintaining your weight. Having a quick look at the foods used it appears to mirror the SBD phases. So great to get more inspiration! I will post any of the good recipes.....

We all exercised really well today and feel great for it... my husband even got up early with my 2.5 year old daughter and they both did yoga together in the lounge room... so cute.

I hope you are all having a great weekend.... last one before Christmas.. can you believe it!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 07:08 AM   #13  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Good report from the doc. I've "offically" lost 7 pounds from the last time I saw him. He's very pleased with my progress on the Topamax and has written me out a prescription. Wants to see me back in late February.

I finished the dreaded socks yesterday. Learned Kitchener stitch to finish the toes. Today is the party, so it was just in time. Whew! (flicking a bead of perspiration from my brow)

We're still on tap for flurries today and even have a 30% chance of a white Christmas. THAT I would like because I've never had one.

Aunt Sally is coming with, and we're taking baba ganoush and whole wheat pita triangles as our contribution to the party food.

Haven't seen Supersize me yet, but nothing would surprise me. Has anyone seen Sugar Blues?

Not much else going on around here...

Mamacita
Old 12-19-2004, 09:23 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. I went to a neighbour's party last night and stayed OP with food. I can't say the same about red wine, however! I slept until 8:45 this morning and have missed Church.

I'm going to take a relaxing bath to start the day, have an Open House to go to this afternoon and hope to get the Christmas Tree assembled today.

Have a good one!
Old 12-19-2004, 09:27 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Forgot! This from a Google Search.............

Boxing Day
The day after Christmas, the Feast of St. Stephen, the first Christian martyr, is better known as Boxing Day. The term may come from the opening of church poor boxes that day; maybe from the earthenware boxes with which boy apprentices collected money at the doors of their masters' clients.

Nowadays, we often see, in certain families, gifts (boxes) given to those who provide services throughout the year.

"Boxing Day" is listed in the Canada Labour Code as a holiday
Closed Thread