South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 06:39 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Monday 12/13 Beach Chat

Good morning, Chickies~~

Got back from fetching Aunt Sally yesterday pm. What an expedition that was!!

Since there were hints of the "S Word" in the N. GA mountains, I decided to go a different route...BIG mistake. Got as far as Gadsden and there was a "detour" for my road. You were forced to turn onto a different highway, which merged about 6 different roads...and they didn't tell you which of those roads to take. I wound up on a small dead-end road being menaced by a couple of very large beef cattle. Thankfully, I was in a car and not on foot.

Finally found my way back to the highway and all was well until I got into Huntsville. At the hospital, which is on the main highway, traffic was gridlocked...on Saturday noon Finally inched up to an intersection only to discover that all traffic in all directions was being stopped for a freakin' foot race!!! After sitting for 20 minutes, I got out of my car and yelled at the cop (who until then refused to look in my direction) and asked how long it was going to go on...only to be told another hour and a half.

Well, I just threw a tantrum right there...told him I was from out of town, I had someplace to be and could NOT just sit there idling and risk running out of gas. After a few menacing, tight-lipped glaring minutes, he let me pass.

After that, it was easy-peasy. Spent the day being fed by my cousins...had SBD friendly baked chicken and salad. Then yesterday, Aunt Sally and I packed up and headed for home.

On the way into town we stopped at the Farmers Market and she really got an eyeful. What fun!

And the icing on the cake...

I broke a zero this morning! Down to 189.5!!!

Ok, off to eat some oats and get to the gym.

Mamacita
Old 12-13-2004, 07:14 AM   #2  
i luv my dog!

Morning chickies,

Mamacita, glad the traffic cop felt generous and that you made it there and back in one piece.

We went to the outdoor Christmas market yesterday and it was FREEZING. I felt like I was blue and my face was so cold that I couldn't move my mouth to talk (or eat - LOL)

The Christmas party Sat. night was fun. We had a Chinese gift exchange and I ended up with something neither DH or I want, a Hickory Farms Holiday gift box. It includes an ornament which I like but I don't know what to do with the rest My eating was pretty good but I had some wine There was a huge veggie platter that hardly had a dent in it so when it was time to go the hostess gave me ALL the veggies to take home with me. Yay, now I have a ton of fresh veg all cut and clean and ready to eat. I've already roasted the cauliflower, blanched the broccoli, and eaten the cucumbers. Plus there are tomatoes, radish, celery and carrots.

Have a good OP day everyone.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:47 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning all!
Mama... Oh it sounds like you got off to a bad start. Oh goin through gadsden... I would rather go 50 miles out of my way than to go that way. When DH and I go to our friends house in Woodstock we always go through Ft.Payne to the Interstate to get there. I don't know if that route would be close to you or not. I hate unmarked detours! DH and I were in Huntsville shopping Sat. but I never get near the parkway if I can help it. I take I-565 to get everywhere if I can. You must have been on Goveners Dr. cause that's where Huntsville Hospital is. Glad you made it home safely with Aunt Sally!

Abroad... Oh how wonderful! Sounds like you lucked up on the veggies. DH loves those things from Hickory Farms. I'm not a big fan of them either cause I don't eat most of the "stuff" they put in them. Glad y'all had fun!

Me... Nuttin much on my agenda today! So what else is new? Cleaning laundry the usual! Y'all chicks have a good day! My last week of freedom... Fri. is the last day of school for Christmas break! Oh my! haha
Old 12-13-2004, 09:04 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

When I read about traffic problems, I say a little prayer of gratitude that I live where I live. I'd need to drive 30 miles to even find a traffic light although we do have the odd stop sign. A car ahead of you at a stop sign is considered a traffic jam in these parts! or "teehee", as Bamie says!

Well, my tiny post Church nap yesterday turned into a Big Sleep. I was back in bed at 9:30 and woke just before 7 this morning. Can you say "sleep catch-up"? Feel just great this morning!

We got more snow and there's more to come so shovelling will be added to my daily task list along with wood lugging. The last will probably be only every second day now as I bought a much larger wood holder for the back room. After chores, I'll work some more on that darn wrapping and mailing. Remind me to buy smaller and lighter gifts for mailing next year! I also need to dig out more of the Christmas decoration stuff. We will probably put up the tree this week as the weekend is looking busy with two parties and an afternoon Open House.

Harry is in need of breakfast directions so that part of my day has begun.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:47 AM   #5  

Mama - Congratulations on getting below 190! That must make you feel wonderful. I know what it is like to be stuck in traffic in an unfamiliar area. I hate that! Glad you go through it okay.

A Broad - Can you or your DH take the gift basket to work? That way someone else can eat it. Or drop it by a nursing home or homeless shelter. I'm sure there are people who would enjoy it. That's great that you got all those veggies. Think how much money you saved!

Bamie - I'm in the same boat with my son's last day of school being Friday. He starts back on Jan 4th. But since I work he will be at his after school care program full time while school is out. They do lots of fun activities for the school kids (movies, skating, bowling).

Ruth - Shoveling snow must be great exercise! Think of all the calories burned. And if it gets too much you can come visit me in Dallas. I can guarantee know snow for Christmas (although we had it for Valentines last year )

Me - I finished 78 Christmas cards. Newsletters folded, labels printed, cards signed, stuffed, labelled, stamped, sealed and mailed. Now I just need to buy another box or two of cards. Every year I say we will send less and we end up with more. Oh, well, this year Brian helped a ton by folding newsletters. The outdoor decorations are up too so I can start to relax. It is cold today compared to yesterday. Definitely feeling more like Christmas.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:54 AM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good morning!

Sounds like everyone is dealing with snow - except Barb, and traffic - except Ruth! I miss living in the country!

Mama- way to break the 0! Good going. Keep up the good work.

Bami - I'm with ya sister. DS's last day of school is Friday

A Broad - I wined a little this weekend too! Yum on the veggies. Those hickory farms things alway look good but the taste ends up so so.

Barb - I finished my Christmas cards this weekend. Next up is wrapping presents!

I made a seseme chicken stir fry yesterday. It was prepackaged but I added the chicken. I'm low on salads and veggies this weekend so I'm going to have to stock up and eat up!

Have a good day chickies!
Old 12-13-2004, 10:08 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning LAdies
I fell so far off the wagon at that party I think i have tumble weeds in my hair so back on Phase 1 the veggie platter was in another room and down some stairs with DH coming later i feel funny asking ppl to help me I felt it the next day tho
Sugar hangover! eugh
one of our friends played Santa for the grab bag DH got an anatomically correct pair of gingerbread people ornaments and I got a giftset to rim drinks with.
I never knew how hard it was to say no
Yesterday we hit a train show and got a new house for our layout We now have a chip shop under our tree!
TOday i have to do some writing and lay low b/c the weathers going to get coooooooold
Mama your car trip sounds like one i would take! congrats on the 189.5
a broad thats great about the veggie platter. . .how do you roast cauliflower? I have heard about the german Xmas markets i bet it was fabtastic
Bamie enjoy your day you should spoil yourself a bit before the kids are on break!
Barb can i be you for 5 minutes I want to be that productive!
anchor your stirfry sounds nummy!
Ruth oooo sleepathon sounds so good!
bbl
Kierie
Old 12-13-2004, 10:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Just a quick Hi to everyone. Had on OP weekend despite my DH's Christmas party on Saturday. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:52 AM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Looking like a grey day on the west coast today. Going to bundle up and take the furry kids to the beach for a romp this morning. I'm taking a mental health day off work today. I have to pick up birthday and Christmas stuff today.

I took my mom to see the Vancouver Bach Choir's Christmas concert y'day - it was lovely. Mike and I went out for sushi for dinner and then somehow ended up at Death by Chocolate...we shared their signature dish - the good news is: we left about a third of it. A year ago that would never have happened. Progress!

Have a great day, all.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:02 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning (or is it afternoon? It's taken me forever to get to this thread! )

Mama, congrats on the loss! You're securely in ONEderland, now!

A Broad, I am SO jealous...those Christmas markets are SO much fun, even in the cold! If only they made gluhwein with splenda! Congrats on the veggies!

Bamie, enjoy your last week of "freedom"!

Ruth, did you sleep from 9:30 a.m yesterday to 7:00 a.m. today??? Now that's what I call sleep! Ahhhh... (you were just trying to stay away from the Rocher, right? )

Congrats, Barb, on the cards! I'm almost done with mine...just have one or two more and then I can pack it all away for next year. DH folds our letters, bless him. Good for you getting DS involved!

KO welcome back on the wagon!

Merry, that concert sounds divine, as does a visit to the beach! Wiggle your toes in the sand for us!

Me:
Well, forgot to weigh yesterday, then weighed today and found myself three pounds more than Saturday. Oy! I didn't do anything untoward...if anything, I ate less food than normal. I did do my Pilates on Saturday and boy am I sore!

Going to Jazzercise tonight no matter what...then I need to do some wrapping and lots of homework. What a busy time of year!

Party was good on Saturday. I made a steak and the edamame recipe from the cookbook and ate that before going. Had a couple pieces of fruit, veggies and ranch dressing, and half a WW pita with some goat cheese. When I got home, I ate the rest of the pita and made a PB cup. It was a good party and I was glad not to focus on food, though it was a fabulous spread!

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 12-14-2004, 02:50 AM   #11  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Keeping my commitment to post each day. Been a busy couple of days but getting through it.
Closed Thread