South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 07:49 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - December 4th and 5th

Not much to say except that it's a sunny and sparkly day out there. We are out of firewood so I'm going to bundle up and enjoy it firsthand! Poor planning on my part. I usually check the wood situation mid afternoon.

Hershey and I are off to her job at the nursing home this morning. Saturday mornings are pretty quiet in there so we will try to liven things up a bit. At noon we go to town for the Doggie Christmas party and lunch. I need to make a cauliflower and broccoli salad but am out of Hellmann's so am off to the market when it opens in 10 minutes.

Grab a coffee and sit and chat a bit!
Old 12-04-2004, 09:07 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Well Ruth I have my coffee! teehee I am up way earlier than I planned! But of course dh is not her to wake me and I could sleep in so I had to wake on my own at 7! Now of course if I would have had to of been somewhere this morning i would have not woken up! Oh well I have plenty to do today so I probably need to be up.
Good Morning everyone! Have a great day. I just saw my Mom sign on and I'm goin to see if she wants to play Wheel of Fortune! teehee DH is not here to harass me either! I'll check on y'all chicks lateer!
Old 12-04-2004, 09:10 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Bamie, you slay me! You always make me smile!
My friend Cheryl had a white van which she named Vanna White.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:21 AM   #4  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning -

Another soggy morning on the wet coast. Could someone ship a little snow and sunshine my way?

Going to my best friend's this morning to do her Christmas baking. She can't bake her way out of a wet paper bag - so I've been doing it for her for years. Her job is to pour the wine and do all the dishes. It makes baking a breeze. Must remember to take a package of gum along so I don't scarf down half the shortbread!

Ruth, I occasionally take Jasper to work with me (golden retriever, 2). He's angelic when on leash, but devilish when off. I left him in my office last week; someone opened the door and he bolted; did about 10 merry laps of the dining room, took a short blast at high speed through the kitchen, and then helped himself to lady's sandwich. Was the highlight of the day for the residents. The cook wasn't so amused though.

Have a great weekend, all.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:02 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning ladies
As soon as I finish my water and shower I get my coffee popping over to my moms today and going scrapbooking with a gf tonight we decorate the tree and hopefully dh can scrounge some greens from the tree sale
I always wanted to have my dog be a comfort dog for ppl in nursing home/ assisted living that little man lives to snuggle!
bbl
Old 12-04-2004, 03:20 PM   #6  

Hi! Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I took a vacation day and spent almost all of it frantically crocheting scarfs for my son and I to wear to the Holiday Parade this morning. I stopped at midnight last night and finished up the last bit this morning. We got so many compliments on our matching granny square edged scarfs. And they were nice and warm.

The parade was a lot of fun. I got in a two mile slow walk. Everyone from our cub scout pack was dressed as snowmen and we threw fake "snow" all over each other. It was cold this morning (30's I think) but has warmed up nicely to close to 60. We're going to Santa's Village this evening and they will be announcing the best float. It won't be us since we were just walking but there were some really cute floats.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:55 PM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi there chickies. I am soooo tired.... the store was crazy last night and I had to wait up for dd to get home from babysitting. 7:00 came way to early I did not get up on my own like some people then I had to dash off to teach run home and get ready for the christmas dance show. My babies did so well I was so very proud of them, then it was off to the walmart to look for a white tank top for dd's dance show next week end. Of course they didn't have any bought bought oldest dd a cream colored tank with pooh bear on it and youngest dd a tee shirt both for $5.00 a piece great deal. Then I had to battle the mall. Did mange to find the tank there as well as another outfit for oldest dd and another cute tee for youngest dd that one was $5.00 too. I am pretty much done for the girls except for stuffers and a pair of jeans for the youngest. Other than that it is movie money for the nieces and a couple of pairs of jammies pants for my oldest niece and my sister in law and then I am done. YAHOOOOOOOO. Now I just have to buy some wrapping paper and start wrapping. Mind you I now am totally broke so will have to wait til next pay to finish up the rest. Wish I could get myself back OP put on my black jeans and had to take them right back off. Well must go I need to get a tub and head to bed work again tomorrow. Night chickies.
Old 12-04-2004, 07:03 PM   #8  
Delicate Flower

Unhappy Slump

Wow, everyone is doing so good! I am in a real WOE slump. I am taking muscle relaxers for my back and they make me all sleepy and blah. All I want to do is lay around and drink cocoa (with real sugar) and watch TV. It's gloomy and chilly here so that doesn't help either.

So, enough complaining.

My DH brought home an adorable skirt for the Christmas tree and is promising to get the decorations from the garage so maybe things are looking up.
I don't know how often I'll be able to check in next week or the week after. I will be looking after my 2 year old grand daughter and she is sure to keep me busy.

Everyone have a great week!

Teri
Old 12-04-2004, 08:46 PM   #9  
I vant to draw your blood

Evening, Chicks~~

Well, the party with my writer friends was fun. Ate too much of the wrong stuff and the only and I stress ONLY thing OP there was the turkey and I'm not entirely positive about that...there was some sort of broth that had a slightly sweet taste to it, so who knows. My tummy isn't too terribly happy with me right now. Drank a glass of Metamucil for my supper as damage control Miss Mary was awarded the chapter service award and about damned time. Long overdue if you ask me.

Still managed to get in quite a lot of knitting, during the drive (I was a passenger) and during all the speeches, presentations, etc... Tomorrow, I meet with my sock coach for heel help. I have high hopes that these socks will be finished by a week from Tuesday.

Also today I met a gal who lost 52 pounds and has kept it off for 2 years. I told her what I've been doing as far as diet and exercise. She told me that I seem to be doing all the right things and to not get discouraged. It WILL come off. She said that for several weeks it seemed that she was getting nowhere then suddenly, her weight was just melting off. Actually seeing someone in person who's had success was a real boost. Gave me a lot of encouragement.

Okay, time to get some sleep...if my tummy will allow. You chicks have a good evening!

Mamacita
Old 12-04-2004, 08:52 PM   #10  

Just a quick visit this morning.. phase 1 is going ok again, but I am actually finding it tougher than the first time.. go figure! But still hanging in there.

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

Take Care,
Marianna
Old 12-04-2004, 11:20 PM   #11  
Faith in me

Hello Ladies!!

I know I have been mia for a while....but it's the holiday shopping season in retail and well my manager has decided to bombard me with hours of work...so yeah no life for me....but I have missed you all so much!!! On a good note I'm still doing well on the beach! I'm sticking to it....occasionally a cheat here and there...sometimes ya just gotta...I've gotten most of my Christmas shopping done...just a few more gifts to get...Tomorrow I'm going with one of my best friends to Colonial Williamsburg for the Grand Illumination...it's so much fun...I went last year and there were fireworks...it was great!! YAY! I love this time of year...Everyone is decorated and everything....I'm partial to the tacky lights....I think they're pretty...I'm asking for a membership to a gym for Christmas...and am in hopes of getting that....but we shall see...How is everyone doing? I see there are lots of new chicks here on the beach...Welcome!!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday!!
Old 12-05-2004, 07:16 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Good Sunday Morning. It's finally getting light here. I guess I should be using my anti-SAD light these days because I find the days too short. Light deprivation.

Lucy had a ball at the doggie party yesterday afternoon. 37 dogs were all off-lead and behaved beautifully! For the first time in her life, she slept in the car coming home. She impressed the executive and other testers who were there and, with a bit of polish, should be able to pass the evaluation next spring.

We have a joint Parish service (3 congregations) this morning to welcome Karen our new priest. It's at a Church in the middle of the country and there is another darn pot luck lunch afterwards. I am going to take Hersh for the service and will use her as my excuse not to stay for the lunch! I am way behind on laundry and need to run about five loads today. Gail comes tomorrow and the house looks like Woodstock Day 4 so.......

What's happening at your house today? Join me for coffee #2!
Old 12-05-2004, 10:55 AM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning my lil Beach Babes! I actually slept in this morning! WooHoo! Although I was up at 5:30 cause I heard some beeping noise. Well.... it was my phones battery goin dead. I got a new cell thursday and the battery dies Sat. night! That's not good... the phone I had would stay chaerged for well over a week! I think it may have been due to the service light it has which I have now turned off. It was anoying anyway! teehee Not much on the aganda today. No church since I slept in....I need to go to the grocery really bad! I just am not sure that I am up for Wal-Mart shopping this time of year on a week-end! Maybe i'll just do a quick sweep through Winn-Dixie instead! haha I rented 6 yes 6 DVD's on Friday to watch this week-end and I still have 2 left so I need to do that as well. Which of course is tops on my list! teehee
Ruth... How exciting for you and Lucy! I'm sure she's real excited! hahaha It's like having kids we are always more excited about what they do than they are! teehee
To the rest of you sleeping beauties Good Morning... Have a great day!
Closed Thread