Have you been on plan then off then on again?

• I know the title was somewhat ambiguous...

Realizing everyone is different (as I preach all the time!), I'm just sort of wondering what to expect during these two weeks back on Ph1.

I was OP way back in May/June, and have been following mainly basic healthy principles in the 5 months since (with regular indulgences included)... anyone else who has done this, if you went back OP, did you find you had much of a loss on Ph1?

I guess what I'm asking is, am I wasting my time on Ph1 this time? I don't have bad cravings or anything, so I'm just wondering if I should go back to a strict Ph2 instead of doing Ph1 for two weeks.

Curious to hear your opinions.
  • Great question, Kim.

I'm also curious what others have to say about this. I've been doing ph.2 for a while and I'm thinking of going back to Ph.1 for a boost/jumpstart. I don't have any cravings either.

Any input would be most welcome. Thanks.
  • I personally find that it is easy to slip in a few too many starches and pieces of fruit then the weight loss stalls. Either that or I am having larger portions than I should do, but either way from time to time I have a long stall where the scales don't move at all. If I cut right back on these two things, not quite phase one but pretty close to it, and really make sure that I drink the water, eat extra vegies and exercise more, I can often break a long stall. You may find that a strict phase two is enough but I would suggest changing your exercise routine. If you go to the gym, then try walking, if you walk, try swimming or aerobics/aqua aerobics. This is where I have found that I really change shape and you can get faster results by toning up than persevering with weight loss through eating alone.
  • I'm on day 9 of phase 1 again (1st time was a year ago) and am very frustrated. Earlier in the week it appeared as though I had lost 4 lbs, but maybe I was just dehydrated (or in a gravity anomaly) because I am back up those 4 lbs (for a total of zero pounds lost) Today I was feeling like just diving into a chocolate cake, BUT I didn't... I'm aiming to lose 15 more pounds in total - has anyone found the last pounds harder to lose? I think this resistance to weight loss might be a hint to throw in a bit more exercise. Any opinions?
  • I am a long way off losing those last few pounds so hard to say anything from personal experience but your body works pretty hard to maintain its weight so your metabolism has probably slowed right down. All I can say is stick with it. Make sure that you are eating your vegies, exercising, drinking water and staying on plan. You may want to track your food on www.fitday.com to see if you are consuming too many or too few calories. Also it pays to vary your exercise from time to time. Hang in there, if you have been eating low carb then phase one won't have as much impact as it did first time around, but sometimes all of a sudden the weight starts to drop off.
  • I went off for 5 months (what a huge regret I have now) but when I restarted I did phase 1. I can't remember how much I lost but it was a good amount. Even after being on past 5 months I still go back to phase 1 for a day or 2 if I have cheated, my wt loss has stalled or I am having cravings. You are right, everyone is different. A lot depends on how much you have to lose. I think more than for the wt loss phase 1 is necessary to get rid of the cravings.
  • Ive gone back to phase one several times after a week or two with quite a few cheats. Each time I've lost about 6 or 7 pounds in the two weeks, but it is tougher than it was the first time around. I would definitely say it is worth it, though, otherwise you will find yourself in phase 2 with cravings since your body is accustomed to cheats.
  • the title of the post is me (currently). I was on phase 2 and then just added two much. I have not gained nor have I loss. I am giving myself until Sunday to get mentally ready and I am going to start again on Monday with phase 1.
    It will be hard this close to the holiday.
    cc