31 Things a dog must remember......
1. The garbage collector is not stealing our stuff.
2. I should not suddenly stand straight up when I'm lying under the coffee table.
3. I will not roll my toys behind the fridge, behind the sofa or under the bed.
4. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the house.
5. I will not eat the cat's food, either before they eat it, or after they throw it up.
6. I will stop trying to find the few remaining pieces of clean carpet in the house when I am about to be sick.
7. I will not throw up in the car.
8. When at the beach, I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs etc, no matter how good they smell.
9. Kitty litter crunchies, although tasty, is not food.
10. I will not eat any more Kleenex or napkins and then re-deposit them after processing int he back yard.
11. The nappy bin is not a cookie jar.
12. My human's toothbrush is for the exclusive use of my human. If they want me to have one, they'll get me one.
13. I will not chew crayons or pens, especially not the red ones, so that when I throw up, my people will not assume I am hemorrhaging.
14. When in the car, I will not insist on having the window rolled down on rainy days.
15. We do not have a doorbell. I will not bark each time I hear one on TV.
16. I will not steal Mum's underwear and dance all over the backyard with it.
17. The sofa is not a face towel, neither is my human's lap.
18. My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
19. I will not bite the officer's hand when he reaches in for Mum's drivers licence.
20. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.
21. To avoid having a string hang out of my butt, I will not eat mint-flavoured dental floss out of the bathroom garbage.
22. I will not consider rolling around in the dirt a necessity, first thing after getting a bath.
23. I will remember that sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way to greet visitors.
24. I will not hump my human's leg, no matter how attractive.
25. I will not fart in my owner's face while I am sleeping on the pillow next to their heads.
26. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt across the carpet.
27. I will not consider the toilet bowl a magical, never-ending water supply, in spite of clear evidence that it is.
28. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch when company is here.
29. I will remember that suddenly turning around and smelling my butt can clear a room, and is thus to be avoided. Except when in-laws are here.
30. The cat is not a squeaky toy, so when I play with him and when he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.
31. Even though he's too chicken to come on weekends, the mailman WILL be back and I'll have another shot at him.