3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Greetings from the East Coast (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/49699-greetings-east-coast.html)

chefladybug 11-23-2004 06:35 PM

Greetings from the East Coast

Hello everyone. This site was recommended to me by a friend and I've already enjoyed reading a lot of the content. I started the South Beach Diet a week before Christmas last year and have lost 35 lbs so far. This was done on the advice of my alert family doctor who listened carefully to my complaints of unexplained large amounts of weight gain, combined with a large inexplicable jump in my blood choloestorol, and a family history of diabetes. Most of my weight loss occurred in the first six months, but I continue to lose slowly. Overall, I've found the diet relatively easy, with the exception of Phase I because I, like some other people, HATE EGGS and RICOTTA CHEESE, and usually eat mostly vegeterian foods (with some chicken).

According to the BMI, I am still slightly overweight and should lose a minumum of 7 more pounds. Ideally I could afford to lose closer to 15 pounds. However, in the last few weeks, my motivation has been waning, as I'm sick of eating salad and chicken so I've been cheating. Mostly chocolate is my downfall, as I can live without bread. Add to this situation that I work in a restaurant, which leads to an abnormal lifestyle (working 12 hour days, not always being able to eat a proper meal because you are too busy...) Anyway, I'm here in the spirit of renewed enthusiasm and will try some of the recipes posted. Take care.

a broad abroad 11-23-2004 11:39 PM

Welcome to the beach, Chefladybug. We're glad you could join us. Congrats on your weight loss and healthy eating lifestyle.

The board is a little slow right now because of the approaching holidays and this week the US Thanksgiving holiday.

Come and join us on the daily beach chat.

Bamiegurl 11-24-2004 09:48 AM

Hey welcome aboard! So glad to have ya. Abroad is so right about it being slow around here right now. But I hope you stick with us and find what you need.

ellis 11-24-2004 10:40 AM

Hi, Chefladybug! Welcome! :hat:

Oh, it's DEADLY around here right now. :lol: I keep forgetting that 99.99% of the board lives in the States, and is busy cleaning and cooking.

Bunnababy 11-24-2004 01:52 PM

Welcome and congratulations on the 35 lbs lost.

foxykitty 11-25-2004 07:18 PM

Hi there,
I am from the East Coast too, Boston as a matter of fact. Are you close? This is a great board and I am happy to have found it. Good luck in your weight loss efforts!

TheScrapper 11-26-2004 09:36 AM

North Central Mass Here! And dang it's cold outside!!

chefladybug 11-28-2004 11:23 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for all the words of welcome and encouragement! Right now I'm starting day 5 of my re-entry into SB phase 1, and am a bit discouraged as it appears I haven't even lost a pound yet. It seems to me that this happened a year ago as well - has anyone else had slow results like this? I've been really, really good... I got the revised list of "legal" foods (updated since I got my copy of the book) and have been trying to eat smarter.

chefladybug 11-28-2004 11:25 PM

Hi there! To the South Beacher in Boston: I'm from Halifax - the city that sends a huge Christmas tree down your way every year. Actually, the restaurant I work at was just reviewed in the Boston Globe a few weeks ago, as part of a travel article about our city. I've never been to Boston, but I hear it's a nice place. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

a broad abroad 11-28-2004 11:39 PM

I was reading (on another SoBe forum) where they all were saying that Ph. 1 never seems to produce as good results the second (or 3rd, etc.) time around.

On the other hand many have reported seemingly no scale movement at first, and then, BAM, all of a sudden they have lost lbs.

Just hang in there and stay OP and the rest will follow. You can do it.

Marianna 11-28-2004 11:49 PM

Hi and lovely to meet you.

Congratulations on the weight loss already and I look forward to reading more about you.

Cheers,
Marianna

chefladybug 11-28-2004 11:49 PM

It seems to me that last time, the major results occurred in the first month (ph1 plus ph2), but not necessarily in the first two weeks (only ph1). Maybe I was being a bit unrealistic to hope for a bit change so quickly! Thanks for your support A Broad Abroad!!!

chefladybug 11-30-2004 02:15 PM

Woo hoo! 4 lbs gone!

ellis 11-30-2004 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefladybug
Woo hoo! 4 lbs gone!

Congratulations!! Keep it up, hon!! :hat:

beachgal 11-30-2004 03:48 PM

Congratulations, Chef! :)

And welcome...it'll be nice to have another seasoned SBDer around! I'm doing Phase 1 for the second time, but not really to try to lose extra weight...just to get my body back on track after a long cheat (trip to Europe). With so little left to lose, I would think that your loss would be very slow...but keep at it. You can totally do this! And if you are getting bored, you need to use those chefly skills to create wonderful masterpieces (and then share them with us! ;) ) Have you seen Cooking Light? I love the magazine...their recipes are amazing, and most are very easy to convert to SBD. Check them out online: www.cookinglight.com (you have to register to see the recipes, but it's free and so worth it!)