South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 05:56 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Tuesday Beach Chat 11/23

Good morning, Chickies~~

Just a quickie to get us started. I need to jump in the shower. Tonight is knitting, so I won't be home til almost 10:00. Makes for a VERY long day!

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 11-23-2004, 07:32 AM   #2  
Trapped Skinny Person

Morning all.

Today I have my yearly physical - so I have to fast - I am starving - have been up since 5am and I am hungry. Appt isn't till 10:15am, which with my Dr translates to 11:15am and I'll have to wait till exam and all blood work is finished - I probably won't get to eat until about 1pm.

I have packed celery and cauliflower in my purse so that I don't cave and grab a dounut.

Have good day all.

Kim
Old 11-23-2004, 07:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Mamacita!
Enjoy your knitting group this evening!!

I'm heading off to the gym. DH is off today, and is planning on doing some plumbing. I hate doing this, but we're using paper plates right now. With no sink, we're washing the dishes in a bowl with water from the downstairs bathroom.

Peggy, what a fascinating job your DH must have!
Congratulations re: your arms! I know the feeling... mine are so big right now that I can't ever imagine going sleeveless again. But I hope to be right there with you next summer.

Barb... you've got your tree up? Wow, you are ORGANIZED, girl!

rebelridergirl, how are you feeling? I hope the flu is gone...

Kim, you too, hon!
Oh, and give your doctor a kick in the shins for keeping you waiting so long.

Sil, congratulations on the pound!!

Jen, good for you for sticking to the gym... I'm glad you're starting to "get into it"! That's such a great feeling. (and highly unusual)

Amy... hang in there, girl... the weight will come off. Don't give up... you're doing so well!!

Bamie, how's your knee, hon? Did you take something for the pain?

Ruth, Gail would SCREAM if she came into my house right now. I hope Hershey is doing okay.

Little Chick, thinking about you and your family, sweetie. I'm so glad your Dad made it home in time to see his sister.

Gotta run... love to all of you... I'll try to get back in later...
Old 11-23-2004, 08:00 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Mamacita and Bups.

Are you over the hump on the sock knitting, Mamacita? You make me feel very guilty about the sweater I started for my GD Tayler last February. Somehow, I doubt it'll be done for Christmas 2004!

Bups, late morning appointments with fasting bloodwork are unfair. I absolutely refuse to fast for mine as I need to drive for a half hour and, as a Type II diabetic, I sometimes have very low BGL early in the morning. Taking along veggies is a good idea but maybe a wedge of Laughing Cow would be good too.

Well, yesterday was a complete loss - workwise, not weightwise! After Gail arrived, I started to feel really rotten and spent most of the day lying down and even slept for about four hours which is not like me. I slept fine last night and feel more feisty this morning.

Not much planned this morning except a trip to the vet for a refill on Hersh's meds for her hips. She is doing fine and now can jump into the car without help. This afternoon we are both invited to a reception at The Old Stone Mill to celebrate the end of another good year. Apparently the re-enactments I scripted this summer were a big hit and we will do the same next season. Hersh is invited to the reception because she acted in some of the shows! What a famous dog!

It's coldish and cloudy out there today but I am hoping to get those lights up on the pergola. Country Christmas is this weekend and we want the Village looking good. The pergola is in the middle of the meadow and people can see it as they drive into the village. Last year, because of Harry's situation, I didn't get the lights up and people complained! Nobody volunteered to put them up for me though!

Have a super OP Tuesday on The Beach!
Old 11-23-2004, 08:50 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

morning chickies again I am on the fly I have laundy up the ying yang this morning dh grumbled because he had to wear pants he didn't really like. Other than that nothing more than last night. Hope you all have a good day must go my last wee one is coming to the door. Take care chicks. Thanks for thinking of me Ellis.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:05 AM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chickies,

Hope everyone is doing well. I have to do a quick drive by this morning because I have much to do. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-23-2004, 10:22 AM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone,

Mama - WTG on the knitting. Did you get your socks done? Like Ruth, I have a sweater on the go that has been holding for a while. Well, like 10 years, I think. I really should finish it because it is so close, but it is just the discipline that I need to actually get the flipping thing done. We shall see...maybe it will be this year's Christmas present. Good luck on getting your gifts done.

Kim - Can't say that I would like to be in your place this morning. Annual physicals are about the worst thing going, I think. You are smart to be taking a snack with you. I didn't think of doing that the last time that I went, so was starving after the blood work was done, then didn't have time to take a lunch break, either. Not too swift here.

ellis - Hope that the plumbing gets done today. It's kind of like a Catch 22, though... easy clean up of paper plate dishes versus having water and actually washing dishes. Are you sure you want to rush into this plumbing stuff?

Ruth - Glad that you are feeling better this morning. You don't have many of those days, alright. If you are able to take pics of the village this weekend, please post. I love the old country Christmases. I think Christmas is my favorite time of year. My family has fits when I drag out the decorations (which by the way is this weekend). I think I put up 11 trees in the house last year Will also have to get the Chrismas pics taken for the dogs this weekend...along with the red painted nail.

LC - Glad you are back posting. We missed you. Hope your aunt is doing well. Sending best wishes to the family.

Anchor - Hi. Have a great OP day. Stop for coffee when you get a minute.

Me - Went to choir practice last night at church. We go to a very small church, so only do a Christmas choir every year. However, they forgot to tell me about the practices a month ago, haven't announced them in church, except the weekend we were away, so DH and I have missed the first month of practice. There are 3 left, so we are playing catch-up with learning the music.

I have one more session with my fitness trainer tomorrow. It has been a good experience this time and I am motivated to keep the program going. Although we have a gym here at work, I find it difficult to fit workout time in, so the program that is set up for me now is something that I can continue at home. I guess for me, it doesn't seem to be as much of an infringement on my time when I can have other things going at the same time. I am also not packing up the gym bag, etc. and worrying about dashing to the gym. For those of you who have inquired, I have just about got the exercise instructions together and will post this week some time.

I have conceded to doing my cardio at work, though. We have an indoor track here around the ice arena. In summer it is cooler than outdoors and in winter, it is warmer - and the bonus is that I can fit the cardio into my lunch break.

Well, gotta run here. Work is calling. Have a great OP day. Take care.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:18 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Chickies! (atleast it's still morning here) Knee feels better today.
Ruth I took a nap yesterday as well which is very unusual for me also.
Looks like everyone is doin well so far this week. I'm busy tryin to get my guest room in order. DH painted the trim in there and lets just say he is not the neatest person in the world. Lot's of lil drops of paint on the carpet which is brand new! I'm not sayin a word I'm just glad he did and I didn't have to. No time to do individual post as I have a ton of things yet to do. Have a great day all!
Old 11-23-2004, 11:32 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yahoo! I went on into Athens after the vet trip this morning and bought FIVE difficult Christmas gifts in 20 minutes! I love small town shopping sometimes. This is a rather classy little shop with different things so it was fun. They call it Carriage Trade so that gives you an idea but the prices are actually reasonable. Now to wrap and mail!

Fa-la-la-la-la-la frassing La!
Old 11-23-2004, 12:50 PM   #10  
Trapped Skinny Person

Just checkin in - back from my physical (It didn't take as long as I expected).

Confirmed my 8 lb loss (11 lbs from last year) Woo Hoo!

Blood pressure is within normal range (I am on meds because it is usually on the high side of normal - I guess they are working).

I asked the Dr what she though of SBD - she said she likes the idea of following the glycemic index - but says I should stick to Canadian Food Guide on only 3 eggs per week. Yikes - I have 2 per day!

My cholestrol has always been normal so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll have to think on it - I mean what will I eat for breakfast other then eggs? Right now I do a slice of veggie quiche every morning (it's made with 7 eggs and lasts 8 days) and usually a boiled egg later in the day for a snack - I suppose I could cut back some.

Got my flu shot too - Oww!

And I gotta tell ya, celery sticks have never tasted as good as they did today coming off a 16 hour fast (and I finally get to have my coffee now)

Well all that is over for another year

Kim
Old 11-23-2004, 06:58 PM   #11  

I went shopping today (in the pouring rain - yuck!) to look for white sweatpants and sweatshirt. My Cub Scout den has decided that our theme for the Christmas parade will be to dress as snowmen. Dress all in white with white decorated trashbags. I was able to find some nice stuff in a medium! I used to be an Extra Large so I am happy about that. One the other hand, if anyone has any suggestions where I can find white sweatshirt and pants for a 7 year old BOY, I am definitely interested. I've even been checking the girls section but they all have some girlish design on the shirt in a dark color. I wonder if he can be a dirty snowman in light grey?
Old 11-24-2004, 07:21 AM   #12  
Trapped Skinny Person

Barb - for the sweatshirt - check places like Michaels or Lewiscraft - they often have plain white shirts for decorating - can't help with the pants though. Maybe put him in a large man's white sweatshirt and tell him he is a snowman ghost!

Kim
Closed Thread