South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 06:21 PM   #1  

Default Taco Salad, Campbell's Soups, etc.?

1) Thinking of making a taco salad (phase I) with the folliwing ingredients:

Ground sirloin
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Avocados
Black/Green olives
Salsa
Low fat sour cream
Low fat cheese
Black/Kidney beans

Do these items all seem to be approved for Phase I? I don't have my book with me and I'm not sure about all of them -- especially the tomato and salsa.

2) Also, what about Campbell's Cream of Chicken/Mushroom/Broccoli to use as a kind of "sauce" over chicken breasts?

3) I've been reading some threads that say it's okay to drink skim milk during Phase I, but my books says no dairy (though I don't know why if I'm eating cheese). Is this correct. A true lifesaver, if so. I LOVE MILK!!!!

I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2004, 07:10 PM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

If you go to the F&A thread there is an updated version of Phase 1. Welcome aboard! I know everything is ok except I have no idea about avacados. I don't like/eat 'em!
Old 11-17-2004, 07:37 PM   #3  
I found my hipbones!

Avocados are more than OK! They're considered a good fat, so enjoy!
Old 11-18-2004, 08:04 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach.

Please be sure to read the FAQ and Recipe Forums paying particular attention to the Phase I food list which is the newest one, not the same as the book.

It is very important to stay strictly OP in phase I. Canned soups almost all are loaded with salt, cornstarch or flour and are best avoided. Taco seasoning mix usually has sugar and salt. I use plain old chili powder. Be sure to read the ingredients and focus on less processed foods.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:47 AM   #5  

Shoot, I didn't know we shouldn't have taco seasoning. I've had it twice now and have lost 14 pounds so far (since November 8th). But I didn't add a lot of meat to my salad either night so it didn't seem to affect me...then again yesterday afternoon I was hungrier than usual, so maybe it did affect my appetite. Either that or TOM was affecting it...hard to say.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:18 PM   #6  
Trapped Skinny Person

Are we allowed lowfat/fat free sour cream? I didn't think that was on the list.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:20 PM   #7  

i didn't know about the taco seasoning, either. i've been cooking with it about once a week. i can't say whether it's had a noticable impact, though. i know i don't feel particularly hungry after i eat it, but i wasn't really paying attention.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:07 PM   #8  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

You can have 1% or skim milk, no more than two cups of dairy excluding your cheese a day. This is information from the site.

Also everything else sounds good but I think you can buy taco seasoning that isn't full of sugar. Although I believe it is trace amounts you could just flavor the meat yourself with a combination of spices. Maybe I will make up a taco mix here and then run the recipe.
Closed Thread