South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 05:07 AM   #1  
i luv my dog!

Default Beach chat - Friday 11/12

Happy Friday everyone

It snowed here on Tues. but was all gone by Wed. Good. Now it is just cold. brrr. I have an OP weekend scheduled, foodwise. There is some kind of little fair this weekend in our village so I'll probably drop in to see whats going on.

Ruth good luck and have fun with the play this weekend.

Laurlaur - have fun tonight but try not to fall off the wagon. Ph.1 is almost over and you'll be able to look back and say "I did it!"

Bamie - I know what you mean about the scale not moving for 3 weeks, and then finally a breakthrough. That happened to me this morning - yeehaa

Laurie - re: planning your trip - some of the airlines are now charging for headphones to listen to the in-flight movie. You might consider bringing your own set to save $$ if you don't mind dragging them along.

little chick - glad you're 'pecking' in again. I wonder where weazel and adia faith have been lately? The ticker info help is listed under the 'announcements and forum help' section

good morning and/or afternoon to those yet to come (which is everyone right now - ha ha) I'm off to cook now.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:41 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning a broad abroad and the chicks yet to come, it feels great to be peckin in again. I hope to be back OP by monday once I fill up the pantry again. Thank for the info on the ticker I will head over there once I am done posting. I only have a few minutes before the kids start coming there is no school here today so I will be a bit busier than ususal. Plus I have to work tonight as well and finish getting ready for our big funderaiser "Ladies Day" which goes from 12-8 tomorrow. We have had one hour of snow last week but they are calling for it the today and tomorrow. I don't mind the snow but I wish we would only get it on the ski hill. I can dream can't I. Must run and enjoy the last few minutes. Have a great day chicks.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:07 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Dh had to get up at 3:30 this morning for an early job today. Ugh! He woke me up. Managed to fall back asleep for a couple hours, though, so it's not a total wash.

Scale still has't budged. Last night I had to run out across the city to do a STAT draw and didn't have time to eat much, just a slice of tequila lime turkey stuffed into a low carb tortilla, while on the run, and a cup of decaf coffee. Not the best dinner. Didn't get my veggies in and I missed them. Woke up hungrier than a bear at the spring thaw.

Budget is kind of tight this week and I need to keep the grocery bill down as much as possible. Since it's cold, the family is wanting comfort foods. I'm looking at making meatloaf, using some lowcarb breadcrumbs as binder and using half ground beef and half ground venison; chicken and vegetable soup, grilled butterflied leg of lamb (already have that in the freezer), and some of my mama's Mexican albondigas (meatball) soup.

A Broad, congrats on planning out a great OP weekend! Hope it's a fun one. You chicks have a wonderful weekend on the Beach! Gotta get ready for the day and my meeting with Miss Mary!

Mamacita
Old 11-12-2004, 07:23 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I must be totally stupid because I can't not figure out how to get the ticker on my signature. I followed all the advice but I can not seem to find the v bulletins. Arg.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:47 AM   #5  
Trapped Skinny Person

Happy Friday Mornin!

Finally Friday

Mamachita try using parmasan cheese as most of the binder in your meatloaf - you may have to use an extra egg - I did that once because I ran out of bread crumbs - was before this WOE. DH got a deer last week but it is yet to be butchered - ground is the only way I will eat venison - so I may be making a mixed meatloaf or meatballs in a couple weeks too

No major plans for me this weekend - doing all the chores I have put off all week I guess

Had Swiss Chalet for dinner last night (rottiserie chicken for those in the US that don't have it), I got a side salad instead of fries - and I didn't even take ONE fry off anyone's plate - even though they smelled really good - I did have about 2tbsp of the sauce even though I know it probably has corn starch in it. Made the leftover chicken into chicken salad for today's lunch.

I don't usually get near the PC on weekends - so have a good one all!

Kim
Old 11-12-2004, 07:54 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning! Quick peck in busy day. I'm also playin Wheel of Fortune with my Mom online through Instant Messanger! ;o; Good show last night and I did not eat any of her treats. She did have a veggie platter but I was to busy takin their money! lol Well busy day today getting all my stuff packed and load for my sale tomorrow in Tn. Have a good day all and plan an OP weekend!
Old 11-12-2004, 08:12 AM   #7  
i luv my dog!

Little Chick - See if this helps. To get your own ticker click on the one here and you will be taken to the TickerFactory site to create your own. Its an easy 5 step process. After you create yours, select the first choice (out of three) and copy it (all the html code) to your clipboard. Then come back here and go to User CP and edit your signature, then paste the ticker info in your sig., below your quote if you wish, and Voila! (you should then have the one you want, do a preview first to check)

Hope this helps.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:18 AM   #8  

Hello, everyone! Today is a very rainy day...didn't even see it coming since the weather has been so nice lately! (and since I haven't been looking at the weather forecast!)

Well, once again, decided to weigh myself this morning, Day 12 of Phase 1. Down 1.5 lbs since yesterday! So I must have been retaining water yesterday (T.O.M.). I am pretty pleased with it! And I am still so excited to be back at the gym. I have spinning again this evening. I'm hoping I'll be able to do it--since my class yesterday (which was the first one in months) left me with a really sore bottom!! Those darn bike seats are killer at first!

a broad abroad: Thanks so much for the encouragement! I am going to be good for sure tonight! It'll make Phase 2 all the more sweet if I can stick it out the whole way through Phase 1.

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

Lauren

Last edited by laurlaur; 11-12-2004 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:39 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Peckers-in-early. Whoops! That doesn't sound good!

I slept until after 7 this morning after a gruelling dress rehearsal last night. Ted knew his lines a lot better and we adlibbed our way through the tricky parts he didn't know. The struggle scene at the end went very well except when Ted grabbed my boob by mistake! Nobody was more embarrassed than he was! I just cracked up at the look of dismay on his face. Great moments in theatre!

Today is an "at home" day with the woodstove going and Lucy dozing on the couch. I intend to do lines over the phone with Ted this morning and this afternoon and be at the theatre for 6:30. I am planning a very early dinner with Harry who is getting that sad puppydog look lately. I know he finds the evenings very long when I'm out as Lucy doesn't talk to him much. She certainly has lots to say to me and grumbles about missing walks and minimal extra petting.

Sorry I can't respond to everyone's post. I promise to do better next week when I get my life back!

Old 11-12-2004, 11:43 AM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good afternoon everyone!

Hope everyone is OP today! I am but I have to admit I'm getting a little bored with it lately. Not sure why but my whole mood lately has been kind of off. Good news is that I've manage to stay OP. I've got to cut back on the pistachios because I think they are making me retain water.

Bami - good luck on the sale!

A Broad - That brownie posting looks yummy! Maybe that is what I need to cheer me up.

Little Chick - Welcome back to the beach! You are soo busy!

Mama - 3:30 Yuck! Need a big cup o coffee this am Meatballs sound yummy!

Bups - I eat rotisserie chicken almost every day - good job on the veggies and no fries. My favorite french fry place went out of business here in West Michigan so I haven't had a french fry since.

Laurlaur - Good luck - you can do it tonight.

Ruth - bet Harry & Lucy will be glad when you've completed your task!

Everyone have a great OP Day!
Old 11-12-2004, 12:13 PM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good afternoon everybody
Ellis~the mammogram went "smashinging well"". No more every 6 mos now! How's the kitchen coming along? I'm so proud of you for sticking with the Y!

LC~Good to see you here. too. You aren't the only who can't figure out how to cut and paste the ticker. I must be completely computer illiterate!

Sweet tooth~WOW, you have done fantastic on your weight loss. Congrats on reaching your goal!

Bamie~Thanks for the welcome back !

Ruth~I see you're still doing a million things at once! How's H doing these days? Have you gotten your SAD light going?

Me~I've been doing well, diet-wise this week. The biggest problem is fixing things that are OP while my kitchen is gutted. Yesterday I bought a small electric skillet so that I can fix eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast (tired of low carb shakes every morning). I'm going to see if I can "roast" some vegetables and chickpeas with it.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:16 PM   #12  
RNMOM

Default Good day ladies!

Have had a horrendous week and am glad to have one day off before I work the weekend. I've decided 12 hour shifts are a looonnnngggggg day! I come home so wiped out. It doesn't help that I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. Sheesh, during the summer I would get off work and go for a run. Now I feel like I need to go to bed. I miss summer. Huge fall from the beach over the last two days too. WHY? Not TOM, phase 1 over, don't feel good when I eat like that. I really hope I figure out how to deal with the stress eating, comfort food thing! I get so mad at me. Feeling in control today. Hope to keep that control over the weekend at work....where I seem to lose control the most.

Well, everyone have a great day. I have a pile of housework and laundry staring me in the face.

Good luck with the play Ruth, sounds like you had a "good time" last night with the "action" you got.

littlechick, you aren't the only one that can't figure out the ticker thingy.

Mamacita, glad you got a couple of hours more of sleep. That's such a precious commodity to me.

Hugs to you all!!!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 12:28 PM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Girls, if you're having trouble with the ticker, hang on, because Suzanne is coming up with a little something of our own. Perhaps within the next week or so...

Little Chick, snow on the ski hills only sounds good to me! And I don't object to the canal freezing over for skating, either. But that's IT!!

Sil, I'm using my microwave a lot. The skillet thingy is a good idea, although I don't know if I have room for one more damned appliance.
I'll bet your kitchen is progressing faster than ours. You've got a VERY handy DH!

Sorry I'm not replying to everyone... I'm having an unusually productive day. I got to the Y this morning, and now I'm building a bookshelf on the second floor landing. Must run... love ya'll!
Old 11-12-2004, 12:29 PM   #14  
GARDENING ADDICT

I'v pasted my ticker factory link to my signature and it still won't work~I give up!
Old 11-12-2004, 12:30 PM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

RNMom, you need a little holiday, hon. You be good to yourself... hear me?
Closed Thread