3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Office party tomorrow and I'm on Phase 1! Any food suggestions? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/48878-office-party-tomorrow-im-phase-1-any-food-suggestions.html)

laurlaur 11-04-2004 04:08 PM

Office party tomorrow and I'm on Phase 1! UPDATE--SUCCESS!!

I know there will be a lot of food there that I will not be able to eat...pizza...desserts...bread, etc. etc. Waaah! :cry:

I am making a warm crab and spinach dip recipe I found on the SBD recipes forum....

Does anyone have any suggestions for what else to bring to this thing? I want to be able to enjoy it, not be depressed because I can't eat the junk!

Thanks! (It's Day 4 of Phase 1 and I am still finding myself pretty hungry and the headaches haven't stopped....hmmm....)

Lauren

beachgal 11-04-2004 04:44 PM

Lauren, I feel your pain. The joyous thing about eating this way, at least for me, is that eventually parties become something that is NOT about the food! :D I love that!

For now, focus on things you can at. Fresh veggie platters are usually your best choice. On Phase 1, I would bring a little Gladware snack container with a couple Tbsp of SBD safe dressing to dip them in, or humus. In addition, bring some nuts. You can usually get away with eating cheese, even if it has full fat (don't tell! :o ), but feel free to bring your own. What I do is eat my regular meal before, if I can, so I'm not starving, then nibble at the party. :)

I hope you can focus on hanging out with people, getting a respite from work, and just enjoying yourself without stressing too much about the food. :grouphug:

Heidi 11-04-2004 08:14 PM

I agree with Laurie - a veggie platter can save the day. Bring a bowl of hummus and you'll be entirely on plan. Also, drink some water and/or a V8 right before attending. That way you will be ahead of actual hunger.

I usually find eating at these things is awkward anyway - balancing a sausage roll while holding a glass and trying to carry on a conversation with 3 people isn't ideal. You can save yourself all of that awkwardness. Just keep your glass full and keep talking!

Good luck!

sweet tooth 11-05-2004 06:57 PM

Lauren, I missed this post yesterday. How did you make out at the office party? What did you do to make it through? Let us all know...

By the way, your avitar is a Boston Terrier. Do you have one? We have two of them. I call them my Boston Terrors...

I'd like to get another, but DH has said a definitive NO! It will just take a bit more time, then he will be sneaking to other room to make a call to the breeder.

laurlaur 11-05-2004 07:58 PM

Office Party Update

Hi! Well, here is what happened:

I made a Phase 1 spinach and crab dip from the recipe forum here...it was delicious!

I had that crab dip with raw cucumbers, broccolli, and cauliflower.
I also had 30 pistachios and water to drink.
I was pretty full from all that (I probably ate too much crab dip, but it was my lunch, so I don't feel too badly)!

I successfully avoided pizza, mini eclairs, rice crispy treats, pasta salad, and potato chips! It was hard, though, especially since I was the only one avoiding the junk food! :cp:

Thanks so much for the support! Tomorrow is day 6!

Lauren :dance:

Sweet Tooth--
I don't have a Boston Terrier, but during my last semester of college (I graduated in May 2004), I lived with one! My roommate's dog, Allee, is an amazingly sweet and loving and funny dog. She was a little terror herself sometimes (one of her favorite things to do was knock over wastebaskets and chew up any tissues, Q-Tips, Paper that she found inside...she would always lead me on long chases around the house to try to get whatever she had in her mouth). I loved her so much and cried the minute she left after we moved out of our house! I love dogs--and just ADORE Bostons. I am sure yours are just as energetic and wonderful as Alleepoo is!
;)

ellis 11-06-2004 07:17 AM

Lauren, I'm so sorry! I only just saw this post!
I'm so glad you did well at the party... congratulations, hon!! :hat:

davoswoman 11-06-2004 07:25 AM

:bravo: :cb: :dance: :cp: :dancer: :high: :cheer: Enough said!!!

Ruthxxx 11-06-2004 07:41 AM

Davoswoman said it all. Good for you, Lauren.