Good Carbs on Phase I?

• Someone mentioned needing good carbs to avoid going into keotosis..Beside lentils, chick peas, beans in general, what is something I can have in Phase I?

Tori
  • I'm not sure what other foods are good carbs so I really can't help but I ate Taco Bake which had vegetarian refried black beans in it. Chili has kidney beans and I also ate lots of soups with beans of some type.
  • Well, dairy has carbs - by that I mean yogurt and cottage cheese. Remember this is NOT Atkins. Eat lots of veggies and dairy as well as legumes.
  • Check out this link and pick any of the veggies listed - eat lots!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44246
  • Things like tomatoes (carbs), peppers, dairy (milk and yogurt have more carbs, cottage cheese and other cheeses have less), etc.

You're not really looking to increase "carbs" persay...we really don't pay any attention to the number of carbs on this diet. Just make sure that you are eating a balanced plate...not all protein, not all cheese, etc. Some protein, some dairy, some veggies. You know?
  • I am getting a ton of carbs with my daily dose of beans, veggies (tons of tomatoes, green beans, zucchini, spaghetti squash, cabbage), nuts/nut butters and 16 oz of dairy.
  • Paris - you look fantastic!!

Photos are always very motivational for me - thank you!

Kim