South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 06:22 AM   #1  
The cat lady

Talking Thursday November, 4 - Beach Chat

Good morning all!! I am up bright and early getting hubby off to work. I go back to bed after he leaves though!! Lazy.....I know.

Hope you all had a wonderful Wednesday. I have made it through Day 3 and doing good. I am down four pounds!! Very motivating. I am so happy.

I was reading another post about cravings and eating too many almonds. I am going to buy some, but the kind still in the shell. That way I take the time to crack them and such and it makes those 15 nuts last longer. Just an idea. So much of my snacking is because I am in front of the tv and if it takes longer to eat them, that's even better!

Well, gotta run for now. I am not exercising as the Chiropractor has me on bed rest for my lower back for a few days. Sooooo boring!!!

Have a good one!
Old 11-04-2004, 06:36 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

It's raining right now but the clouds should move out sometime today. Looks like fall weather is finally upon us.

TOM has come for a visit and I'm feeling crampy and cranky. I hope the patient load is light. I just want to curl up in my office and knit today. I am NOT motivated to do much today.

Candace, IKWYM about the almonds. I love them, but have to be very careful not to overdo it. I count out my alloted amount, set them on a napkin on my desk and put the rest away.

Well, gotta go get ready for work.

You chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 11-04-2004, 06:55 AM   #3  

Morning>>>>>
Whole almonds---that's a good suggestion.
I bought a big bag of them in Trader Joe's ---and was so pleased at the price.
I should have known that it was a No-No for this fat mind!
Think small and portions-even if you have to pay more!
That's the only thing I think I can improve on during phase one of SB.
CM
Old 11-04-2004, 07:31 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning Chickies! Well nothing major happenin' here today. My Mom has been here all week and we have not left the house! She came for some much needed rest! We are planning a day out tomorrow though! It has been one of the easiest phase1 OP weeks for me since the very first one back in Jan. I think having Mom here has helped since she is beachin it as well.
Davoswoman... How sweet of you to get up with DH. Mine wishes I would get up when he does! I am not a morning person so I do good to get up with the kids. I used to always go back to bed but now I always stay up unless I'm just really sick or something. That was always when I got my best sleep! teehee
Old 11-04-2004, 07:41 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'd love to go back to bed this morning but the painters are due. I am hoping today is the last day - wall touch up and woodwork painting! The chimney sweep comes for 10 and the oil intake fixer guy comes for 11. I guess I should get dressed!

Ted showed up for rehearsal last night, all apologetic and still does not know his lines! (Nor do I but that's another story!) Now the hard work begins. We are rehearsng all weekend and every night until the show opens on the 12th. Today I am going to see if Danny can do my mop as a 1960's hair style - remember back combing and spray? "Back to the Sixties" here I come.

It's sunny but extremely cold. I am going to try to get some more bulbs planted this morning between appointments. If I'm not around for a few days, you'll know I've gone under!

Old 11-04-2004, 07:57 AM   #6  
Trapped Skinny Person

Good morning ladies!

Day 4 for me

No major cravings yet....although my son's stash of mini chocolate bars did yell out to me a few times last night I just turned the TV volume up

I have noticed that I actually feel better - not so sleepy all the time - either the sugar withdrawl or the increase in water or both.

Still in a pretty positive mood too.

I have to find more veggies I like though. Did a pan of roasted asparagus, green beans, mushrooms and cauliflower last night that wasn't too bad bad, had enough for lunch leftovers today. I have to be careful of what veggies I eat as I have acid reflux and many veggies repeat on me (all night long!).

Here's to a great Thurday everyone

Kim
Old 11-04-2004, 08:37 AM   #7  
Palm tree/Beach fanatic

Morning all! I'm pretty happy. I weigh in every Thursday with some ladies at work and I was down 2.5 from last Thursday. I edited my signature to reflect my all time high weight the week I delivered my son. I thought maybe it would motivate me to see where I've come from. Feeling really good about the program. Made the mashed califlower last night and the roasted chick peas. I'm feeling really good about where I'm at. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:00 AM   #8  
RNMOM

Default Morning!

Ugh, I don't do morningss Hopefully if someone came in and needed an alert nurse... I would be. dh snored so hard last night I gave up and slept on the couch.

Haven't been on the scale since Saturday, been too busy to get there, also it's been TOM and I don't want to feel discouragement.

Well, I hope you have a great day!

Ruth, you better get practicing those lines. 60's hair do????????

Mama, are you knitting me something? You are so sweet! Hopefully the patient load will be light or will have veins of the garden hose variety.

Bamigurl, cool to have your mom there.

Bups, congrats on the weight loss and no cravings! Major accomplishment.

Under a palm tree, YOU TOO! Editing the signature is the best! (as long as it's down)

coolmom, nuts are my downfall, for me it's better than cookies or something nasty like that.

davoswoman, take care of the back. Snuggle in the warm blankies for me, sounds so good!

Cheers everyone to come!.............(Ellis is my bracelet done???????? )
Old 11-04-2004, 09:00 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good morning, Chickies! <--it doesn't look like that here, but one can hope, right?

Davoswoman: I think it's great (not lazy!) that you are resting up and taking care of your health! I also think the nutcracking idea is a great one. However, try, as hard as you can, not to munch in front of the tv. Could you take up a crafty project that keeps your hands busy like crochet, needlepoint, scrapbooking, or even something like crossword puzzles or regular puzzles? That really helps me...I sit on the couch and do my project rather than eating. Eating in front of the TV can be dangerous (as we all know), because we are less aware of how much we are eating! When I eat nuts, I count them out first and then put everything away and go sit in the other room. That helps me from eating more. You might also try pistachios...I wasn't much of a fan before this, but the combo of shells and getting 30 makes them pretty appealing!

Mama, so sorry that you're feeling that way...I know just what you mean! When I was younger I was appalled that people used to make women go sit in a hut for a week during TOM because they were unclean. Now I'm wishing the practice was still in vogue! Can you imagine how nice it must have been to have a week off, sit around and rest and chat with other women? I bet they never told them men how much they appreciated it! Hope you get a moment to knit. What are you currently working on?

Coolmom, I'm so glad you are finding success on Phase I! And I envy you your proximity to a Trader Joe's...I miss them!

Bamie, have fun out with your mom...it must be great to have someone else on SBD with you!

Ruth, good luck with the bulbs and lines! Ted needs to be ____ (insert violent act here)___ how annoying that he was gone for so long! So glad everything will be tidied up and such today! You're going to have a bright and lovely house for the weekend!

Kim, GOOD FOR YOU!!! Thrilled that you resisted those candy bars! And love how you did it! Things will get easier from now on...truly! It's amazing how much energy you get back when you step away from sugar! Let us know how the veggie search goes! I posted a favorite green bean recipe in the forum (green beans with balsalmic and garlic). Very yummy!

Me:

I spilled a ton of salt on my cottage cheese this morning. Yuck! I'm guzzling water, but I bet it'll affect my weight for a bit. Urgh! This morning I was up a pound or two...since I was really, really good yesterday, I am figuring it has to do with the workouts I did on Monday...must be building muscle. I did some squats with a dumbbell on Monday A.M., and then a ton of roundhouse kicks and sideways arabesques in Jazzercise that night. Suffice to say, my upper inside thigh muscles are screaming!!! That's such a hard area to target, so I'm thrilled that they are getting tighter, but it's not a fun place to hurt...makes walking a bit hard!

Today I'm wearing this adorable green corduroy dress (size 18!!!) that I got at Salvation Army for $10! I feel pretty and savvy! I tried on the size 22 jeans that I got at the same time, and they fit, but are just a bit tight around the button and top of the zipper. I wish sizes made sense! This size 18 dress is so big on me (but it's meant to be a bit big, style wise) that I could use it for maternity, I'm fitting into a size 14 regular dress and a size 14 Lane Bryant dress, but not into a size 14 GAP skirt. I can't zip a pair of size 22 jeans I have, but can zip the pair of size 22s I just bought from Salvation Army. I also have been wearing several pairs of 18/20 W pants from Fashion Bug, and a pair of 18w pants I got from Salvation Army. What size am I??? Does anyone else have this problem?

I also checked out the measurements for bra sizes, and according to the measurements I have, I should be wearing a 46 F. I was wearing a size 40 (sometimes 42) DDD before. How did I get significantly smaller and need a size F??? Does anyone know of a reliable way (other than trying on gobs of bras) to figure out one's bra size?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:03 AM   #10  

Default Morning!

Good morning...

Well...I'm still on program...but I wouldn't wish the breakfast I just had on anyone. After reading one of the posts that mentioned egg salad....I thought...Ooooo yeah.... but got up this mrning to discover I had used the last of it to make the "potato" salad... so thinking I needed more veggies... I dumped a spoonful into my naked boiled egg..... wasn't a good thing. LOL....
I still ate it in lettuce leaves...but my tongue was sure insulted.

Work is starting...Will try to catch up later.
Hope everyone has a good day. Reading all of these posts always makes mine more focused. Thanks.
Cheri
Old 11-04-2004, 09:05 AM   #11  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, RNMom and Palm...we posted at the same time!

So glad to hear you BOTH upbeat and happy! You are both very special ladies and deserve more happiness in your lives...have a GREAT day!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:42 AM   #12  

I've got a meeting starting in two minutes but I wanted to throw in a quick post.

Laurie - I have the same problem with sizes. Some of my 14s are too lose and some are snug. And bras! I used to wear a 42DDD and now I wear a 38C to a 40D depending on the style. Every style seems to be cut differently and the only way I can manage it is to try them on each time. I've never been able to buy based on the measurements.

Me - I'm leaving for camping tomorrow with the Cub Scouts. I don't know if I will have time to post tomorrow but I'll be back on Sunday. I have healthy meals planned and we should get some good exercise. Since we will have electricity at our campsite, I am bringing my little George Foreman grill and we are having Taco Bake on tortillas for dinner one night. Thankfully the rain has stopped but we've had rain all week. It is supposed to warm up a bit but the lows will still be near 40.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:50 AM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Laurie... Bra sizes are crazy! You can go to JC Penney they have a bra person there that can measure and properly fit the girls in their right size! I keep sayin i am gonna go there but have not yet! Clothes sizes is anyones guess! I wear a 10 jean a 12/14 skirt/dress depending on how it is made. I give up on sizes. I have a 12 skirt that is made like an 8 and then others that are big! I just have to try on. Which I hate! I am one of those buy it and try at home and take it back if it don't fit most of the time.
As for the snackin in front of the T.V. I won't eat in my livingroom so I won't have that problem. To easy to get carried away while i am watching something so I just avoid it. Have a good day all. I'm off to have some breakfast and get cleaning on this house! Company is coming tomorrow! teehee
Old 11-04-2004, 09:58 AM   #14  

Default Day 4

Good morning.

Laurie - I have the same problem with sizes and always have. RIght now I can wear a 12 fine and some are too big, I have a pair of 14's that fit good, I can wear a 10 skirt in some styles, not in others and have one pair of 10 pants that fit. No wonder we women hate shopping - or at least I do. I have to try on3 sizes to find one that fits. They should do away with numbers so we are so crushed if we go up a number in a style.

Me - I think I have my head on straight today on this diet. I got rid of all temptation around the house and cleaned bathrooms - was not able to get on the treadmill but will tonight. I had 2 turkey sausage patties and 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, having turkey chili for lunch with a small salad, and have low fat turkey lunchmeat and cheese for a snack. I may extend Phase 1 until the 17th to allow for my mess ups. My life is really stressed right now, so this is hard. I am so disappointed in myself as I know I was at 147, not I weighed 158 on Monday - a gain of 11 pounds, but down from 164 I started at in June. Very upsetting and disappointed with myself on this.

Sounds like everyone is busy. I have a full day here at work (I'm in corporate real estate for a large company) with reports, etc. I will be praying and thinking of everyone.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:29 AM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning Chickies!

I don't know about anyone else today but I have a case of "everything I touch just falls apart today". Even DS noticed when we were getting ready to leave for school. I bought a large bag of pistachios at Sams Club and was trying to get them open and they basically exploded everywhere!

Hope you guys have a great day!
Closed Thread