South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 02:50 PM   #1  

Arrow New Here...Restarted SBD on Nov. 1

Hi all, getting back on the wagon after successfully going through Phase 1 and into Phase 2 back in May/June...gained nearly all of the 22 pounds I'd lost at the time, so now I'm back and on it for the long haul. Looking for support, ideas, recipes, and advice by joining all of you.

Started P1 on Monday (Nov. 1)...almost gave in to cravings yesterday evening, but ate almonds instead (more than allowed, but at least it was almonds and not Cheezits or worse!), today feeling pretty good, no cravings yet ( but they don't usually hit until the evening), feeling satisfied and not too testy

Looking forward to meeting others along the way.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:12 PM   #2  
i luv my dog!

Hi Frog - we're here to help you on that wagon! Check out the recipes and the FAQs, too. Lots of good info.

Your story about the almonds and Cheezits (for me it was Cheetos) happened to me in PH.1, too - HA HA. I had too many almonds as well, but stay OP.

Welcome to the beach.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:49 PM   #3  

Thumbs up

Hi! We are in the same boat! I have done SBD Phase 1 and some of Phase 2 before, but I have fallen off of the wagon in the last 3 months and gained about 10 pounds back!

I restarted Phase 1 on November 1, as well and I am being stricter than I have been in the past...which is probably why I am miserable!

But I am determined to do it right this time, INCLUDING a "full-term" Phase 2, so I can actually get to my goal this time, after months of yo-yoing!

Good luck--I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Lauren
Old 11-03-2004, 05:09 PM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey laughingfrog welcome a board! I am currently redoin phase1 this week! (again) I like to keep myself in check with phase 1. Not to mention the food I ate over the weekend! I had a pc. of pie at my favorite rest. for my b-day Sat. It wasn't to bad cause it is like a whipped mousse. But bad enough I figured a few days of P1 wouldn't hurt. It will get easier as you well know from before!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:18 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome to you all! I'm sure you'll do very well...just remember, no cheating in Phase 1 or you need to start over! You can make it...just keep telling yourself how worth it this will be!

For me, going to bed early or getting to another room in the house and becoming occupied in something I enjoy, like reading, journaling, or playing games on the computer, helped immensely in not giving in to the nightime cravings. As did getting all that junk out of my house so I couldn't get it without getting in the car and going to the ATM. It takes a lot to keep me safe from the junk food cravings!
Old 11-04-2004, 11:09 AM   #6  

Thumbs up Thanks for the encouragement

Well, last night it was snacking on pistachios...more than I should have, but again...they're SBD-friendly, so I justify it. Had a great "fajita steak salad" at a restaurant I went to with the kids and another mom and her son.

So far on a few days of P1 - no carbs....and I'm almost not missing them, so I'm doing well...and it's almost Friday!!!

I cooked a couple of hard-boiled eggs for snacks this morning while I fixed my breakfast...trying to change things up a bit.

Thanks again for all the encouragement...
Old 11-04-2004, 01:39 PM   #7  
i luv my dog!

Don't forget those nuts can be little devils in disguise!! All of the various nuts have a portion limit on them, generally one ounce, because even though they are on-plan they have a lot of fat and can stall your loss on phase 1. Try to satisfy your salt tooth with V-8 or bell pepper strips with hummus dip.

Another good recipe is the cauliflower "potato" salad, almost like the real thing!

Keep up the good work. (and watch those nuts - LOL)
Closed Thread