South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 04:27 PM   #1  

Default First Day on the Beach . . . .

Hi Everyone --
So glad to have found this board. I started SBD today and so far so good I guess. I have a hard time believing that calories and fat aren't key to losing weight but so many folks have had success with this that I am giving it a try. I would tell you what weight I'm starting at but that would involve actually getting on the scale! Somewhere around 160 I suppose. I would like to get to about 130. I'm afraid that I have yo-yo'ed my weight so many times that this isn't going to work as well as it does for some of you. Any words of support/wisdom would be GREATLY appreciated.

Christie
Old 11-01-2004, 05:22 PM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Christie! Welcome to the beach! Well you don't have to really count the calories but it is about calories and fat. You are having good fats now where before it was bad fats. You have to watch your calories when it comes to the jello and stuff like that. I have yo-yo'ed alot myself but it does not seem to have mattered with this woe. You may not have the great big loss the first few weeks that some of the chicks do and it may be because you only have about 30 lbs. to lose. Better to take it off slowly so it will stay off!
Old 11-01-2004, 05:42 PM   #3  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Christie,

I'm the yo yo queen and if I can lose weight on this diet - you can too. I take it one day and one craving at a time. I wish you luck - please join us on the dailies it really helps to motivate me every day. I feel lost if I haven't checked in. You do need to weigh in and get a reality check! It is hard to tell how much you've lost when you don't know where you started.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:10 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach. Yes, you do need to know what you weigh for starters. No need to broadcast it in your signature though! Perhaps you can join the rest of us in the November Weightloss Challenge.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:55 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Christie!
Old 11-03-2004, 12:01 AM   #6  

Hi,
Best wishes for starting SBD... Welcome to the forum
Old 11-03-2004, 08:17 AM   #7  
Tori

S/C/G: 166/153/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Christie...it seems we are both in the same boat..about the same weight with about the same goal. Hang in there cause it really isn't bad. I am on day 3 of PH1 and all is well. I am a confirmed cokaholic and that has been the hardest part of all.

Good luck and if you need a buddy let me know!

Tori
Closed Thread