South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 03:01 PM   #1  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Smile Off Topic: DH's birthday is coming up!!

OK, ladies, I need help with something only remotely related to SBD. My Dh's birthday is 10/26. I plan to have his parents and grandma and great uncle for dinner the Sunday before and he has told me he won't have birthday cake since he's committed to staying OP. Does anyone have any suggestions for OP fun birthday dessert that everyone would enjoy? Something maybe a little more special than PB Cup (which we have all the time) or Jell-O.

Secondly, and GIFT ideas? I am STRUGGLING with what to get him!!!! Ha, ha!

Thanks chicks!

Lauren
Old 10-14-2004, 03:17 PM   #2  

Muffins are great! They are okay on phase 2 (although have about 200 calories so I wouldn't eat too many).

How about if you make a dessert parfait with SF/FF pudding layered with fresh fruit? Or yogurt and fruit. There is a lot you can do on phase 2. Also check out the recipe section. I think I have heard of a cheesecake but I have not tried it.

I can't even figure out what to get MY husband for his birthday! But I'm sure someone will have a good suggestion.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:22 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

Here is what I do in situations like this...

I make 2 desserts - one OP and one off program - mostly because if anyone says that it is diet dessert, most people wrinkly up their nose and make a great big issue out of eating a diet dessert, if they eat it at all. Therefore, everyone has a choice, but I can still eat OP. DH takes the rest of the off program dessert to work after and leaves in the coffee room for the staff. And that solves the problem of having leftovers, too.

Take a look at the Atkins ( ) dessert recipes. If you like cheesecake there are some nice recipes there, but you will need to tweak a bit to fit SBD. The other thing that I make is the cheesecake on this recipe site (some people don't like it, though). It has a different texture, more like a custard so I offer it to guests as a custard and top with berries. I have mine plain if I happen to be in phase 1 at the moment. Noone even suspects that there are diet dessert in the offerings.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Here's a link to the dessert recipes of Kraft site.
http://www.kraftfoods.com/South_Beac...cipes/desserts

Then I also found these two that sound interesting. I think they are good for phase 2. And they don't scream "We're on a diet!"

http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?...ecipe_id=65070

PHILADELPHIAŽ Viennese Dessert
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
Makes: 10 servings, about 1/2 cup each
1 tub (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Fat Free Cream Cheese
1-1/2 cups fat free milk
1/4 cup GENERAL FOODS INTERNATIONAL Sugar Free Cafe Vienna
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling
1/2 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, grated (about 3 Tbsp.), divided (optional)
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping

BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
SLOWLY beat in milk and flavored instant coffee on low speed until well blended. Add dry pudding mix; beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Let stand 5 minutes.
SPRINKLE 2 Tbsp. of the grated chocolate over pudding mixture; top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Special Extra
Prepare as directed, layering ingredients in 10 parfait glasses or decorative dessert dishes.

http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?...ecipe_id=63223

edited to add: Oops, I didn't realize this one had regular cream cheese, maybe you could switch the fat free or low fat cream cheese? Still sounds good anyway.
Creamy Lemon Cheesecake
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 4 hr 15 min
Makes: 8 servings

2/3 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Lemon Flavor Sugar Free Low Calorie Gelatin
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Cottage Cheese
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cut up, softened
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

STIR boiling water into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Cool 5 minutes. Pour into blender container. Add cheeses; cover. Blend on medium speed until smooth, occasionally scraping down side of blender container.
POUR into large bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping. Pour into 8- or 9-inch springform pan or 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray.
REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until set. Loosen cake from side of pan; remove rim. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

Last edited by sarahyu; 10-14-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:24 PM   #5  

Wowza -- great suggestions, ladies!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

lauren
Old 10-14-2004, 05:00 PM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Isn't there a recipe for Chocolate Cake usin Black Beans? I am pretty sure I have seen it on here. Gift ideas? You might be on your own. haha You could make him a coupon book with lil favors (if you know what I mean) back rubs and such. Just a thought! teehee
Old 10-14-2004, 05:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Just a heads up on the cake made out of black beans....it's not very good and the texture is terrible!
Old 10-15-2004, 08:59 AM   #8  

Bamie -- The coupon book is cute!!!

lauren
Old 10-17-2004, 01:27 PM   #9  
Believe it & Achieve it

Along the coupon book line...lol

The very first valentines day df and I were together I cut out about a thousand red hearts out of construction paper in all sizes from templates. I wrote coupons on each of them. They ranged from extremely naughty stuff to not so naughty stuff.

When he was at work I went over to his house and decorated his bedroom top to bottom in these hearts. On the ceiling I made a big heart outline out of leftover hearts and in the middle was a huge heart that said "I love you" in it.

When he got home that night, there I was in the middle of his bed in this decked out heart room, wearing a new red nightie and I had candles lit everywhere.

Can we tell where this is headed???? LOL.

It's been several years and a move, and he still has the package that contains all of those hearts.
Closed Thread