South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 06:47 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday Beach Chat 10/14

Good morning, Chicks~~

Not quite awake yet, but I'll start the thread.

I'll pop back in after I shower and get dressed.

Mamacita
Old 10-14-2004, 07:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Showered and dressed and ready to roll! I was up before five again and just added more to the script for Sunday's Mill presentation. Talk about a photo finish! I'm off for a 8AM breakfast meeting. Catch you all later!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:02 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Ok, I'm back.

Yesterday, apparently, my courier talked to my boss and told him the number of patients I see and that I see them all before 1:00. Boss called me and didn't exactly apologize, but said he'd look into hiring someone to come in and do my paperwork for me in the mornings, if I'm that slammed. I told him it really wasn't needed, as some days are busier than others. He asked if Dr. D was "in one of his moods" and I told him more than likely. What I've figured I'd do is just take the reports that come in around 4:30-5:00 and save them for the next day. It'll make him happy. And it probably won't even dawn on him that he's getting his reports a day late. What a maroon.

Well, gotta fly. Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach! Oh, and check out those Progresso Carb Monitor soups. They really are tasty!

Mamacita
Old 10-14-2004, 08:41 AM   #4  
RNMOM

Default Good morning ladies!

Ugh, I hate mornings............... .

I'm at work and gratefully the population is still asleep so I can play around on the computer.

Had a staff meeting yesterday where they fed us (National Emergency Nurses Week....woohoo) Croissants with meat, cake, chips, pop........I had a salad and chicken breast. Way tempted but didn't cave..........whew!

Anyway, all is well on the diet front......one day, one hour at a time.

Mama...you sound busy. Nice that your boss offered to get you help. Docs are such putzs.

Ruth.. your fingers are on fire for getting so much writing done! Good for you. When are you going to publish????

Well, all chicks to come, have a great day!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 08:51 AM   #5  

Hi everybody,
What a grey and damp day today. The word 'damp' jumped off the newspaper at me. When have you ever seen a weather forecast that said "Damp". I've heard rainy, partly cloudy, chance of showers, humid, but damp?!

I'm really struggling with a plateau that isn't any worse than other plateaus I've had on this plan. I was down to 211 and am now up to 213 but hovering anywhere from 212-214 day by day. I saw this pattern five pounds ago and it settled back to the original lower weight within a week, but this time I have this irrational fear that it isn't going to continue to drop. I have this feeling that I'm OFF when I haven't gone off in terms of eating. It's hard to explain, but it's as if my mind has turned OFF, commitment and hope have left. I'm not sure how to get them back.

Maybe it's the result of this 'damp' day. May be time to get out the SAD light.

RNMom, way to go resisting those temptations. You're baaaack!

Ruth, busy as always. Will you see those dear puppies today?

Mamacita, sounds like you've found a solution. Hope it works out.

Everybody yet to come, have great on plan days. I'll try to do the same.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #6  

Mamacita: That's great that you were able to work something out for your job. Good luck with that!

RNMOM: Congrats on the will power. That can be so hard. I went home yesterday and there were four cookies on the counter. I wanted one so badly and caved for half of one. Thankfully they were gone this morning. My dad must have eaten them thank god. But I think that it's cheats like this that are creating my plateau.

I am basically eating like I'm in Phase I, but with no results. If something does not change soon, I might have to post what I eat in a day and see if anyone can help me find the problem. Maybe I'm doing something unconsciously.

Well I wanted to say HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND to everyone! I only post when I'm at work (still in the ice age with dial up at home). I took tomorrow off bc I have a busy weekend and it's my birthday so I won't be online til Monday. Tomorrow it's errands that I usually do during the weekend. Then Saturday is an alumni celebration all day/night at my old college. Then Sunday is my bday and we're all going to the Patriot's game. GO PATS!!! So I'll talk to everyone on Monday. Good luck on over the weekend!

Alli
Old 10-14-2004, 09:31 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, how's the cold, hon? The **** with it... have some scotch!!

Mamacita, that guy is a big pr*ck. And none too bright! I'm glad you've sorted things out.

Kelly, you can't knit either, huh? It looks so relaxing. I don't know if I can afford the wool, though.

Alli, don't get discouraged about the scale. You should never compare weights from different scales... particularly at different times of the day. You're doing great, girl... keep it up!
And have a wonderful birthday!!

Heidi, it must be marvellous watching the salmon. Such amazing creatures.
Don't give up on yourself, girl! This feeling will pass. Stay positive, and don't let the emotions drag you down.

Lauren, how are you doing today?

Little Chick, I'm so glad things are getting better. You've got the right idea... kill 'em with kindness and sensibility!

TxMomof3, that's wonderful news about your insurance company! What a relief for you! How's your back?

Barb, you sound like a wonderful cook. You're making me drool.
I hope the 5k goes well this weekend!

Amy, I'm with you... I hate those people who complain constantly! They drain me emotionally. I've tried to rid my life of most of them, but there are still a few hangers-on. (like my MOTHER!! )

Bamie, how's your floor? Did that stuff remove the film? That reminds me...I used to make this great lavender floor wax... I must make another batch.

Peggy, your new car!?!? You lucky girl, you!!
You sound so upbeat, but I know you're fakin' it. Saying lots of prayers for you, sweetie... keep us posted re: the test results.

Buckie, I'm sorry about your parents. What a shock for you.

RNMom, congratulations on staying OP yesterday! Sort of like a miracle, eh?

I have just exercised two days in a row. There's something not right here. I found this great site that has given me a boost. I'll post it shortly.
Going to make coffee... love and hugs to all...
Old 10-14-2004, 09:32 AM   #8  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all! Today is the day I don't go into work until noon so I get to play on the computer for a while.

Mama - Great solution! Way to out think him.

RNmom- Way to keep the willpower going.

Alli - Happy Birthday! Have a great weekend.

Heidi - Hang tough! You'll be glad you did when you reach the 100's!

I organized all my scrapbooking stuff last night. I'm way behind on DS books. He's in second grade and I'm still scrappin Kindergarten. Now that the weather is getting cold I plan on power scrappin this weekend. DS is with my x for a long weekend. No school on Friday and the x took Friday off so they are headed to the cabin up north. I have to plow through my scrapbooking because I have jewelry to make and cards for Christmas to get done.

I'm going to see the talk radio financial speaker Dave Ramsey on Saturday. He cracks me up listening to him everyday at work. I figured it was money well spent because I just would have gone shopping if I wasn't going to see him. I've been following his plan since I began my divorce and it is working well.

I'm planning on a super OP diet weekend. I must find the motivation to begin exercising! I know it would help my weight loss but for some reason the motivation just escapes me. I'm making a commitment right now that I'm going to do some form of exercising this weekend! Keep me honest chickies!
Old 10-14-2004, 09:35 AM   #9  

Alli - Go ahead and post what you ate yesterday. We'll take a look at see if anything jumps out. Also, let us know what you weigh and what your goal weight is. That can make a big difference. I can often up my exercise or increase my veggies and break a plateau but it can be different for each person. Are you officially in phase 1 or 2? You might consider adding your starting weight, current weight and goal weight to your signature.

Heidi - I'm sure you'll break your plateau. I've been in many plateaus and I can usually figure out what the problem is. One time it was too many muffins - they were OnPlan but they still have calories!

RNMom - Congrats on resisting the goodies! I hate being tempted! I still need to decide what kind of candy we'll give out for Halloween. I usually pick something that I don't particularly like (such as Sweet Tarts).

Mama - I'm so glad your boss is more understanding than he was before. It sounds like you have found a good solution.

Good morning, Ruth! I envy those who can write creatively. I can write factual reports but I'm just not creative.

Me - I put in some time on the stationary bike yesterday and the sore spot on my ankle is gone. Still fighting my sore throat but it isn't any worse. I'm down another pound today so I'm actually at my October goal. I'll wait a day or so to change my signature but it feels great to be in the 150's! I wish I knew how many decades it was when I was last this low.

I was so frustrated with my husband last night. First he forgot to do laundry (Brian had wet the bed so it had to be done), then he forgot to put it in the dryer. And then they spent a half hour trying to find out what tuna ate when all Brian needed to answer for his homework was that tuna do not eat pine cones! Oh, well, if I hadn't been up at 4 AM changing sheets, I might not have been so short tempered! But, heck, I work 45 or more hours a week while DH is home looking for a job. I would like to be able to rely on him more, after all he's been out of work for 3 years now. Enough of a rant, I need to get to work. Talk to y'all later!
Old 10-14-2004, 09:48 AM   #10  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Hi ladies! A quick drive-by again!! My designers are presenting their catalog cover concepts this morning to our regular executive team meeting. I am trying to get them ready! I will stop back by after the big meeting!

Lauren
Old 10-14-2004, 10:06 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dashing in again! I have Jane coming at 11 and am going to go to Morna's and play with my grandpuppies and great grandpuppies. Lucy's brood are walking around exploring their world so I will try to get some pictures. Hershey's babies are now nearly a week old and still looking good. Their eyes will be open by the weekend, I think.

I have rehearsal tonight - still don't know my lines - and then will be away in Kingston at the Anglican Synod (big boring Church meeting!) during Friday and Saturday so I may be "seldom" as they say in Delta! Harry has Lifeline and friends and neighbours on duty but I'll still worry a bit.

Sorry I can't comment on everyone's post but I'm just too frassing busy these days! It's a good thing my darn cold hasn't amounted to much. No, I didn't give it the Scotch and hot NeoCitran treatment although that sure works!

Gotta dash and figure out what Jane will give Harry for lunch. Also what shall I have for dinner so I don't breathe garlic or onions on poor Barney when we do our clinches at rehearsal!

Have a great Thursday and I'll post pics tonight if I get any that look good!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:38 AM   #12  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Barb -- I think I would be frustrated too! We can't always be perfect angel wives.

Ruth -- Have a good busy day! I know what you mean about being crazy -- i am right there with you!

Amy -- Good luck with the weekend -- I'm sure with planning ahead you'll do great!

Ellis -- We'd love to see the new site -- I love that kind of stuff.

Is anyone on AOL having trouble today? I am unable to check my webmail and it's driving me crazy!!

Well, I can't seem to stablelize this week -- I have been up and down the same two pounds each day. I know I should stop weighing everyday, but it's driving me crazy! And yesterday DH is like, "I am TWO pounds UNDER the DUCE!" (That's what he calls the 200 pound mark) and I thinking, NO FAIR! He isn't eating any better than me. I just keep teetering between 244 and 242. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I need to just chill. But, still. Gr! That's all I can say. I've been to CURVES even and all he did was walk around the parking lot at the place where he got his car fixed for 15 minutes. Lovely.

lauren
Old 10-14-2004, 12:09 PM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Well Good Morning everyone! With this 2 week fall break I am getting lazy! I did not get up until 9:30! But I love to sleep and have been really tired so I guess I need it! Or atleast that is what I am telling myself!

Oh Goldie don't let it getcha! I think men have an easier time with weight loss than we do. How many times have you heard a man say oh my gosh I am so bloated or swollen today? They don't have those luxeries that us woman have!

Ruth... You are like a superwoman! I don't know how you do it all! You are an inspiration!

Barb.. Maybe a good lil heart to heart with DH is in need. Just gently let him know hey bud ya gonna have to step it up a notch around here. One thing I can say about my DH if I worked and he didn't our house would be ship shape! As it is he just leaves it where he drops it! I try not to complain to much cause I know he works hard so I can stay home for our kids. I hope it all works out and he can help relieve some of your pressure! B strong

Anchor... Dave Ramsey! Yes he does have a lot of good advice but I think he gets a lil tooo cocky sometimes! I used to listen to him alot when we lived in the Nashville area. DH and I say all the time we need to go to the envelope system. Everytime we figure up our out to our in there is way more left over on paper than we ever have. He says we take money for granted. He thinks if we had cash then we would do better. HUM... I hope you have a fun w-end with the lil one gone. We all need a break!

Ellis.. You go you exercise Queen you! My floors! Well after about 5 times of mopping them with that stuff it seems that the film is gone but man do they look dull! And they are not slick at all. The other people did not take care of them like they should have so I am not sure what I will do. Maybe I need to see if they have a polish or something for them but I think they are no wax.

Amur17... I hope you have a great weekend! Have a wonderful Birthday and enjoy the game. That is on my list of things to do. Only I want to go see the Titan's play.

Heidi... Hang in there girl! Maybe go back and read some of your old posts when you were fired up and help to rekindle that fire that is still in there! Hang in there we are here for ya!

RNMOM... Way to go! Lead her not into temptation!

Mamacita... Glad you figured out a way to out smart him! If your boss would have made an apology then that would have meant he was wrong and he couldn't have that now could he!

To all who have posted while I have taken so long Howdy and have a wonderful day on the beach!

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 10-14-2004 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:24 PM   #14  

Wow, it seems like a lot of us are plateauing. (if that's a word )It's great that we can all be here for eachother though. Everyone has such good input and positive feedback.

Barb0504: I'm so sorry to hear that you had a frustrating day. It can be so stressful when we do not have the help that we feel we need and deserves.

And I would LOVE to see the pictures of the puppies. I absolutely love animals!

Thank you SO much for everyone's bday wishes.

OK...so I'm going to post what I've been eating on another thread, so as to not clutter this one. I would appreciate any feedback that you chickies can provides. Thanks so much and have an awesome weekend.

Alli
Old 10-14-2004, 12:32 PM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Bamie - Dave Ramsey is cocky! Sometimes lately he has been downright surly. But his advice has been helpful to me so I try to take it with a grain of salt. My dad must have figured that I would grow up - marry a rich man - and never have to worry about my finances. Little did he know that I would be a train wreck with my finances and a bad husband picker. So here I am at 39 trying to be responsible with money so my son will grow up in good home. I am almost done with my debt snowball and I'm getting ready to put my 3 - 6 months worth of expenses in the bank. I was traveling in Tennessee when I heard him the first time. I went to his website and found a station in Michigan to listen to. I listen every day at work.

Barb - I'm not person to be giving marital advice but after I got divorced I read Dr. Laura's "Proper Care and Feeding of a Husband" and realized how many things I could have handled differently. It might be worth a try.

Lauren - Guys always lose it faster! It doesn't matter what you do - or how much you exercise! Don't get discouraged.
Closed Thread