South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 12:48 PM   #16  
Conquering with SBD

Just dropping in for a quick "hello" and a cup of coffee. Thought some of you might enjoy the attached joke... Have a great day everyone.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Multi-tasking.gif (5.0 KB, 54 views)
Old 10-14-2004, 12:51 PM   #17  
Conquering with SBD

Sorry that the caption doesn't show up it says:

"I'm an expert on multitasking. I can cheat on six diets at the same time."
Old 10-14-2004, 01:32 PM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Love it, Peggy!
Old 10-14-2004, 02:27 PM   #19  
A Lily from my yard!

Sweet Tooth...Oh my goodness that is so funny!

Anchor you are right his advice is solid! I was not really taught how to manage money either when I was growing up. Thank goodness I learned as I got older (and I also married a very frugale man) and have not had any debt for several years now other than my house and now van. Which I know is a no no but I after I totalled out my other van that was paid for and had been 2 yrs. after we bought it I knew that I could pay this one off after I settle with the ins. co. on my injuries and such. I know he preaches against new vehicles but I don't plan on getting rid of it I plan to drive it til it drops so I would rather have a new one from the get go so I don't (hopefully) have to worry with repairs and such. Besides we do alot of traveling. I have over 32,000 miles on my van and do not work outside the home and have only had it about 18 months or so. I went to his site and was looking at the envelope package he has. May be worth the 10 or 20 dollar investment. Depending on which set you want. I of course think hey go for the 20 dollar one when I am sure the 10 dollar one will get the same results! I think I will talk to DH about the one for children as DS really needs to learn the value of a dollar DD as well but she has a lot of her daddy in her. Thanks for mentioning him I think I might be on a budget kick again!
Old 10-14-2004, 04:16 PM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dammit! I called ahead before going to Morna's and found out that one of the last litter of pups is not doing well. We think Hershey may have lain on it! Now I feel so guilty for having a fat dog! It's at the Vet right now and may not make it. I visited the rest of the brood but did not take pictures - too down! Lucy was very sweet and loving to me - dogs know how you feel!
Old 10-14-2004, 04:20 PM   #21  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Aw...Ruth...I am sorry. I hope the little one pulls through.

I had an itty bitty kitty right before Charlie who was too small she didn't make it -- little Emmie. We still miss her and we only had her a few weeks!

Peggy -- That's funny! Especially b/c the other day I was thinking, "how can I combine SBD w/ WW?" And then I was like, WHY? So I can fail miserably at BOTH! Sometimes I have to remind myself KISS! (Keep it simple, sistah!)

lauren
Old 10-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #22  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh Ruth I hope the puppie is OK!
Old 10-14-2004, 04:36 PM   #23  
Conquering with SBD

Oh Ruth. I feel so bad for you. Prayers for the puppy and hoping that everthing works out for the baby.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:39 PM   #24  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Ruth! I'm so sorry!
Old 10-14-2004, 05:45 PM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No bones broken so he may just be bruised. Morna, who is a saint, is keeping him with her as she teaches. He's in a little basket with a blankie on a hot water bottle. She takes him to nurse every two hours and will do so through the night. Poor wee thing! It's not the $1500 but the thought of losing such a dear wee life! One pound of warm black curly fur!

This should be resolved over the weekend one way or the other but we are not hopeful. Sorry to be such a downer but I'm sad.

Going to have dinner now (chicken breasts and snow peas), go to rehearsal and check when I get home to see what's happening. If all is well I will have a Scotch!
Old 10-14-2004, 07:29 PM   #26  
Conquering with SBD

I'm so glad to hear that puppy is OK. Morna is such a dear to take such special care of that one. What a sweetie.

Take care, and don't worry. Sounds like puppy is in special hands.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:01 PM   #27  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Bami - You can get the envelopes at Walmart! I just kidding - I don't know what fancy envelopes he has but I just use ones from Walmart. It's funny what you said about the new car! That is the only rule that I'm in the process of breaking. Because of my divorce I have to get my truck out of x's name and it has a lot of miles on it because the x and I lived in a very rural area on a lake. I moved back to the city and now I drive 3 miles to work instead of 30 everyday. So I'm going to upgrade to a new truck. I'm sure I'll feel a little guilty driving it around listening to ol dave on the radio! But I have faithfully done the rest. DS is not quite as enthusiastic about the envelope system. He throws a fit everytime he has to divy up his allowance. Then he looks at his bank statement that comes in the mail and says "how did all that money get in there?"

Ruth - Hope darling puppy makes it through the night! Morna is wonderful for taking the puppy with her.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:16 PM   #28  
A Lily from my yard!

I told DH we needed to get our kids started as well. We do put 1/2 their allowence in a savings acct. for them. Yea DH said he didn't need to buy his we have a whole box here! haha Yea I thought you were the one buying the new truck but was not for sure. Drive home in the rain story! Hopefully he will thank you when he gets older! He may be 40 but someday! hahahahahaha
Closed Thread