South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 06:35 AM   #1  

Default It's Monday! 10/11

A quick post before I start getting ready for work. DH is taking DD to preschool this morning, so my morning can be a bit calmer and smoother!

A few eating slipups this weekend..... meal choices were good, just the evening snacking that wasn't. Onward....

Quiet weekend around the boards, hope that everyone is well! Barb and Laurie- looking forward to reports on your weekends!

Anchor Sweet potatoes are legal on Phase 2. That sounds tasty! Sorry the cutie wasn't at the grocery store.

Back later tonight! (To report a perfectly OP day- it is planned that way you know!)
Old 10-11-2004, 07:07 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy. I'm slowly making one corner of our bedroom into my wool corner. The original plan was to turn the spare bedroom into my wool room, but DD scotched those plans when she moved back in. Nothing like a weekend of decluttering to exhaust a person.

Nothing else worth reporting here.

Kiko, I love your enthusiasm!

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 10-11-2004, 07:21 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Happy Thanksgiving Monday!

Kiko, thanks for starting us up. "A few eating slipups this weekend" Never mind! Me too!

Mamacita, decluttering is tiring but so satisfying. I need to tackle my sewingroom again or Ellis will make me send her before and after pictures.

We did the dinner thing yesterday so today is for regrets! We had dinner with friends at the restaurant so I am spared the temptation of a turkey lurking in my fridge - cold dressing, yum! Of course I do have a delicious ham lurking in there.

It's looking cold and gray so this could be the morning I start the darn woodstove. It'll be funny not to have a furry baby to cuddle while I wait for the room to warm up. Lucy should be home again by the last week of this month.

Sarah comes this morning and I will set her to garden cleanup although there's not much to do after the Hyper Pyper blitz yesterday. I do have lots of bulbs to plant and may get her at that too. Rob and John will probably put my wicker furniture up into the loft and that will offically start the "no porch" season. I do love having staff.

OK, coffee needed and an OP breakfast. Catch you later.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:01 AM   #4  

Default Good Morning Ladies!

Good morning everyone. It sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend. I am from the Boston area and we had BEAUTIFUL weather. Fall is my absolute favorite season so I went into Fanueil Hall and just walked around. I grabbed some lunch at Durgin Park (the oldest restaurant in Boston). I had few slip ups but all in all the weekend was good. It's so much easier to eat well during the week though. Dont' you agree? I pack my lunch for work everyday so I can monitor just what I eat. Just to let everyone know, I tried making "french toast" out of ricotta cheese and it was delicious. I believe I followed a recipe from the postings. I have bought fat free ricotta for this week bc I find that I have been eating a lot of it. Is that okay or is the part skim better for the diet? Well I hope that everyone has a smooth week! I joing Curves later today and I'm so excited to start exercising again. It's been so long. Anyone else go to Curves? How do you like it? Have you had success there?

Alli
Old 10-11-2004, 08:57 AM   #5  

Hi everybody,
Happy Thanksgiving to the Canucks!

We had TG dinner at my mother's yesterday. She started SBD a week ago, so it was easy to have an on-plan dinner. I made SBD cheesecake for dessert and ate a bit too much of it (yummmyyyy though!) so I'll reign it in a bit today.

The leaves around Toronto and going north from there are just gorgeous. I also love that crisp feeling in the morning.

Ruth, my patio furniture will be retired today as well. I wish I had 'staff' to help with decluttering the debris from flower beds. Do they want a trip to Mississauga??!

Alli, you'd need to check the ingredients on the ff ricotta to make sure they haven't added fillers, but sounds like a great product to have. I have only managed to find reduced fat ricotta around here. Maybe the ff is something that will catch on.

Kiko, sounds like you have a great attitude. It has taken me years and years to realize that slip-ups aren't failures and off plan doesn't have to mean off forever. Your wonderful attitude is contagious - thanks!

Mamacita, what's the wool for? Maybe those vacuum storage bags would compact it a bit to save you some room? They might fit under your bed then.

Well, kids and dh are off today for Thanksgiving, so we're going to walk along the lakeshore (L. Ontario) and see if we can spot migrating birds. The trick is to spot them before they spot the dog or she spots them and scares them off.

Great days everybody!
Old 10-11-2004, 09:04 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Heidi, I heard and saw Whistling Swans (Tundra Swans) yesterday. They were heading your way so watch for them!
http://www.kwic.com/~pagodavista/sch...s/tundswan.htm
Old 10-11-2004, 09:15 AM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good Morning & Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians!

My weigh in this morning only reflected a 1 pound loss but TOM finally arrived a week late so I'm not going to get discouraged. I'm hoping next week will be better for the weigh in.

Kiko - Thanks! The sweet potatoes one of the first recipes I've tried that haven't come from the SBD book. My sister in law taught me how to do the splenda brown sugar (which is just granular splenda with sugar free maple syrup mixed in) and the rest I took from a magazine.

Alli - I love fall too! I haven't tried the french toast recipe but I do use the fat free ricotta too! Not all stores here carry it so I stock up when I find it. The ingriedients stack up pretty much the same vs low fat. Curves is fun and easy to do. I couldn't renew my membership because the one here is not open on Sat & Sun and they close at 7 pm. Not very friendly to working moms I'm afriad. But I did enjoy it when I could get there.

Have a great day!
Old 10-11-2004, 10:00 AM   #8  
Faith in me

Good morning ladies

Just a quick drop in here to say hello!! I have to start getting ready for work in a few mins and throw my laundry in the dryer...I need socks lol....but they'll be nice and warm when they come out thank goodness...it's 53 degrees right now and supposed to stay in the 60's....I've dropped another lb....so I'm down 51 lbs since May....I can't believe it...that just motivates me....How's everyone doing? There's a hawk that's been hanging outside our house for months now and he just flew by the window....Well ladies i hope you have a wonderful day on the beach and Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadians!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 10:48 AM   #9  

Good Morning, Gals! I had such a wonderful weekend. The drive was long and we got there about 11:45 PM on Friday night. It was gorgeous weather all weekend. In the 80's with a breeze. The Live Aboard program is done in a military style so we wore our uniforms a lot and did a lot of "Yes, sir". There were at least 5 different tour routes through the ships and we walked all over the ship for hours on Saturday and Sunday. Everywhere you go there are steep stairs. It is one flight down to get to the heads (restrooms) and another flight down to get to the sleeping quarters. The boys are separated from the mom's in the sleeping areas so Brian tagged around with a couple of other dad's. We both had a lot of friends there so it was a great deal of fun.

They had a patriotic program with the flag ceremony. Brian (my second grader) and his friend Todd (first grader) got picked to help fold the flag. It was so cute seeing these little kids. They told ghost stories at 10:30 PM in the hold of the ship with the lights off. They made loud noises during the stories and really made it a great deal of fun. Then it was a rush to get to quarters before the lights went out for the night. The gals from my Pack and I got up before 6 so we could get to the restroom and get dressed before all the Girl Scouts that stayed overnight woke up.

Maybe next year DH can come along. Partly it was a matter of cost this time but also he really hasn't lost the weight like I have been losing. There are lots of steep stairs to climb and the bunks are stacked three high and very close together. I'm not sure he could have fit in one.

The food was totally off plan. Fried chicken strips and chips for lunch, salsbury steak, mashed potatoes, green beans and a roll. Breakfast wasn't too bad. Overall it was much higher in fat that I should have had but there were no alternatives since we were not allowed to bring food on. I did snack on veggies on the trip down and back and I stopped by the car and got some on Saturday so at least I didn't buy any unhealthy snacks. I'm up one pound this morning but I'm not worried. I haven't had any cravings so I should be fine. It was just such a great trip that it was really worth it.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:16 PM   #10  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey ladies - wanted to introduce myself. I normally post at LWL, but am new to this forum. I lost quite a bit of weight last year doing Body for Life, but I've been stalled for months now. I started SBD yesterday, and am looking for some support in this plan. I spent a lot of time Saturday looking through many of your old posts and the recipes, and feel like I'm off to a good start.

I'm hungry, but know it will subside eventually, right? (I hope!) I was eating fairly low carb to begin with, so I won't have withdrawal issues - it's more psychological for me - wanting the potatoes and brown rice just because I can't have them right now!

My weight has slipped back a bit and I'm hoping this program will give me just the boost I need to lose what I've gained and then keep my loss going.

Question for you all - what sort of exercise plan, if any, are you following/doing? I'm going to cut back on my weight lifting for Phase 1, just so I'm not totally starving, but I'm trying to figure out how much cardio most of you are doing.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Cindy
Old 10-11-2004, 12:31 PM   #11  

Welcome, BfL_cat! Make sure you eat enough so you are not hungry in Phase 1. Eat lots of vegetables. Legumes are very important to get enough carbs during Phase 1. Taco Bake is a favorite recipe in phase 1.

Take a look at our October Exercise Challenge to find out what some people are doing for exercise. It is one of the stickys at the top of this forum. Most do not exercise much during phase 1 and then we pick it up in Phase 2.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:39 PM   #12  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Hey BFL_CAT!

Don't let yourself get hungry, I eat tons! And even though SBD doesn't call for 6 equal sized meals, that is more or less what I do and make sure I have protein at every snack. Eat your dairy and legumes to give yourself some carbs and don't forget your veggies and lean meat.

I'm on Phase 1 probably 80% of the time and I'm still doing heavy lifting. I post my exercise in the exercise challenge and I never let up. I hope this helps you get rid of your stalling.

Hey everyone else as well

I'm feeling pretty crappy today because of TOM but it'll pass and the cravings for the bad stuff seemed to have passed as well.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:42 PM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Morning everyone

Cold night last night and my poor tomatoes didn't get covered.....whew. I'm tired of taking care of them

Sounds like the weekend was nice for everyone. Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians. Cold turkey and dressing.....yum!

Not too much excitement here. Plodding along one day at a time. Going to step on the scales today and let reality slap me in the face after my two months of frolicking away from the beach most of the time. Thanks Kiko for your post, it isn't the end of the world. I'm ready to get back into it like I was before all my family came home. Anyway, I hope the scales will be kinder than I'm thinking they will be. I'll post the update on my signature. Then I'll reset my goal date.

Hope you all have a super day!
Old 10-11-2004, 12:47 PM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning Chickies! I am up 3 pounds from my lil vacation! Not worried about it though I know I will get it right back off! I left some of my op snacks at home that I was gonna take to my Mom's with me so it is my own fault. I also was not drinkin my water so I know it is no biggie and I am back on and will lose my goal of 6 well 9 now! I am motivated to do it so I know I will.

Cindy... Welcome to the beach! I'm sure someone will answer you about exercising. I am not able to right now due to a knee injury.

Barb... Wow sounds like y'all had a great time! When DS was in 2nd gd he was in Cub Scouts. But like everything else he quite. He has done a lot of things but never stays with them! So after much spent and wasted money I do not let him join everything anymore! They say that is common with ADHD children. Glad your lil one had such a good time and had the honor of holding our flag! I bet they loved the ghost stories!

Historychik... I never go anywhere without my socks on! It drives my DH crazy cause I wear them all the time! Maybe it's due to my footphobia! I will not and do not touch feet! Only baby feet (but not all babies) but when they get to be abought a year old or so no more!

Anchor... Sorry no guy yesterday! But I bet you felt good and walked tall! Yea for the 1 lb.!

Ruth... What a neat looking bird. I don't guess I'll see one of those down here! Sounds like another full day for you! I'm not sure if we will put our patio furniture away or not. If it is like winters past here we can just about sit outside year round. I am trying to talk DH into buying me a chimnique. (sp?) I do have a B-Day coming up!

Heidi... Fall is my favorite time of the year as well! All the leaves! I'm jealous y'alls are turning already! Ours are starting to try but not really yet. All the leaves in our yard just die! Rake Rake Rake!

Amur17... Boston is one the places on my list to visit! I want to go when the lil lobster shacks and stuff are open. I saw it on the travel channel. A 1 lb lobster sandwick for 12 bucks! I'm in!

Mama... I have plans for my childrens rooms after they leave as well! But I am afraid they may either never leave or come back! I do have an extra room that I use as an office/ guest room but would like to have them seperate one day! I'm hoping if I am making plans for their rooms now when they get ready to move out it will not be as hard on me!

Kiko... You go girl! I'm like you if I do mess up it's not a loss you just start over again! Like last week I was totally off not just late night snacks but I am back on today! Hope you enjoed your morning to yourself.

Ok as long as this took me I am sure other chicks have pecked in. Good morning/ afternoon to you all! I'm in for a totally OP day!
Old 10-11-2004, 12:50 PM   #15  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh yea I forgot to say late Happy Thanksgiving to you all up there!

RNMOM... I'm with ya sister! Back to how I was when I first started in Jan.
Closed Thread