South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 09:45 PM   #1  

Smile What are you thankful for?

It's coming up to Canadian Thanksgiving so I wondered if everybody wanted to help us Canucks celebrate by joining in a round of "What I'm thankful for is..."

What I'm thankful for is:

Bright orange trees.
Revisiting classic poems while helping my daughter with English homework.
Seeing my son's eyes again after he cut his own bangs.
This body of mine that can still recover from so much neglect.
A husband who is attentive, considerate, funny and sexy!
The last rose blooming in the garden.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/242/130

Height: 5'3"

Wow, What a great idea!
There is just so much I am thankful for,
Basically, I am thankful for my life,
My husband - my love, my strength, my best friend, and can make my heart race with a glance after 15 years
My girls - healthy, happy, beautiful little ladies, with wonderful hearts
My mother - an angel sent to Earth straight from heaven
My sisters - the best people anyone could ever be so blessed as to know
Most of all - God - who has been kind enough to let me love and be loved by these wonderful people, and who made me wake up one morning after turning 30 and decide on a whim to go back to school to be a nurse. Now I can give back a little something to this world that has blessed me so.
I hope everyone here can see the blessings in their life and feel the joy in their hearts that I feel when I think about my blessings
Kat
Old 10-08-2004, 01:19 AM   #3  
Slowly Changing My Life..

S/C/G: 250/239.8/145

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am most thankful for my wonderful husband, who took to my two children from a previous marriage as if they were his own, and for our son that we have together.

My children who always amaze me each day with an innocent comment, a new funny face, a silly joke, etc.

My parents - that they are still with me, after all the scary medical things they have been through lately.

That my mother-in-law is my best friend and my father-in-law is someone I know I can trust and count on.

I am thankful for being able to wake up each morning and be able to see the faces of the ones that I love the most.

I'm thankful for chocolate, chilly winter days (although few and far between here in Texas - I MISS the east coast!!), the calming feeling of lighting candles and sitting in the dark watching the flame flicker, sitting on the couch watching TV with my kids and all the friends and support I have found here.

~P
Old 10-08-2004, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 193.2/193.2/160

Smile

What I'm thankful for:

1. For having the most absolutely wonderful husband a woman could ever ask for.

2. Being blessed with the most adorable son on this planet.

3. All the things I've worked for, and achieved!

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Doreen
Old 10-08-2004, 09:09 AM   #5  

I am very thankful that today is Friday and that Monday is a Holiday!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 09:17 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm thankful for :

My Dad. For his generosity, his wisdom, his thoughtfulness. He's right here in my heart, and I feel closer to him than ever. But I wish he were here.

My darling daughter, who is so much like me and like my Dad. It's her birthday this weekend. I'm grateful to God for sparing her life, and for giving us such wonderful therapists to help us over the humps.

My son. He lights up my life. He's a lovely little nurturing boy.

My sweet DH. He is more than I deserve, and why he has stuck with me this long is beyond me. He taught me how to laugh at life, and that has made all the difference in my days.

The wind. It sweeps away the darkness from my life. It brings me back to my senses.

And I'm thankful for coffee; for a working toilet; for dear friends, including my wonderfully supportive friends here; for my books; and for an adequate mind with which to read them.

Happy Thanksgiving, dear girls.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:35 AM   #7  

My DH- we have been married for a little over 3 years, but together for the last 9. I am not always the easiest person to live with, and he truly loves me despite that. He loves me for who I am, not what he wants me to be. (Although he may appreciate it if I were a little less critical!!)

My DD- this little girl is an amazing wonder to me. I am so thankful to be blessed with her. She is truly one of the neatest and funniest people I know!!

My parents- these 2 have stood beside me through times of joy and times of strife. I know that I can depend on them 100%.

My home- growing up without much money, my parents never owned their own home and moved frequently. I am very proud to be a homeowner and to provide a stable home environment for my family.

My job- there are times when I would so love to be a SAHM. Since this is not feasible, I am thankful for my teaching job. I have worked hard, and am well-respected at my school where I have been for the last 10 years.

My health- ALthough there are certainly improvements to be made in this area, I am fortunate to be a strong, healthy 36 year old wife and mom.

Other things- coffee, red licorice, french fries (haven't had one since starting SBD in May!), red wine, fresh flowers, fall leaves, watching a classroom of 3-4 years dancing.......
Old 10-08-2004, 11:15 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

What a great thread, Heidi! You are definitely an "old soul"! :

I am thankful for:

The money and the ability to go to CA to see my friends and family and be there for Ange, even if I can't be there all the time.

My wonderful DH, who is so supportive, who can make me laugh even when things are horrible, and whom I am still getting to know after ten years...he is fun, sexy, sweet, kind, and gives the best massages. I am so blessed to have him in my life, and I know I don't deserve him!

My wonderful family and their love...and the fact that they are still here.

My 93 year old Bobie (grandmother) and that she knows how to love and has taught me.

My wonderful in-laws and the great relationship that God has helped me build with them.

My Lord and Savior, who has helped me through all the bad times and loves me always, regardless of what is happening, what I have done or not done, and who I am. He is so amazing and I am in awe of His mercy and grace.

Beautiful trees, pumpkins, fall candles and a chill in the air...oh, and apples! I love Fall...and feel so blessed to live in an area that some people pay to visit...it is gorgeous here!

My wonderful bunnies, and that they are still with me. My jumpy, loving dog and that she is learning to trust us in spite of a hard life up till now.

My home...its character and warmth, and that we are able to spend the money we need to keep it that way.

My books and the chance to learn, stretch my brain, and work with a wonderful professor.

Life...bare feet, dancing, moving my body, feeling healthy and good about me!

Making this journey and losing this weight...and knowing that I can keep doing it.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:20 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
You are definitely an "old soul"!
Well, I'm a bunch of old bones anyway

Thanks for sharing, everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 10-09-2004, 11:01 AM   #10  
pinkcinnamon28

I am thankful for:

1) My little boy and my little girl. Children are sure the most beautiful gift of all.
2) My fiance, who has given me so much and gone beyond all for me.
3) His girls, who are beautiful and unique in special ways.
4) My family who have been supportive of me in everything that I do.

Starting weight = 182 lbs
Current weight = 128.4 lbs 7/21/01 Keanu
Goal pp weight = 124 lbs 6/25/04 Salma
Old 10-11-2004, 08:18 AM   #11  

Default Have to think

What a great thread! But what I don't like about it is that I have to think about what I'm thankful for. That obviously means that I don't think about it enough and take the great things for granted. But here it goes....

I'm thankful for...my family who though dysfunctional has made me into the person I am today. My father who has made so many things possible for me such as my schooling. My life experiences such as my study abroad session in England. I'm thankful for animals as I think that they are just so cute and amazing. And right now I am totally thankful for the seasons. I live in New England and every year am amazed four times when the seasons and the air changes. But especially thankful for autumn. I LOVE the fall colors, the smell of the crisp air, the sound of leaves rustling, and the first time I can sit at a football game in a sweater and sip hot chocolate. (Only sugar free of course).

Thank you for reminding me to think about these things.

Alli
Closed Thread