South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quick fly-by on my way to lunch...I'm sending lots of good vibes : to you all!

Ruth, so glad that Rob is such a good friend! Hope you can get the Lifeline fixed easily!

Heidi, sorry the nightime munchies are getting you. If you can't resist, you need to get that stuff out of the house. And keep yourself occupied so you won't eat! Time to take up knitting?

Mama, sorry about the scale...bet it is the prednisone. You just hop back on Phase 1 and you'll be zooming around the house naked in no time!

Ellis, you are spinning! WOW!! Is it as tough as they say it is? I'm so impressed!!!

Bamie, isn't gardening therapeutic? I'm with you on the ivy...

Cottage, so sorry about the allergies! Call your doctor and ask if you can add something else. Maybe he/she can prescribe a nasal spray to help?

Sweet Tooth, so glad your renos are going well. We have way too much to do on our house and nothing has really been done this summer!

Hi, Anchor! Feel you on the busy work day!

Me:
Yup...busy, busy, busy! Miss chatting with you guys!

DH forgot to wake me on Monday, so I cannot wait to go to the gym tomorrow...I haven't been in over a week and it is killing me!

Been working really hard on homework and stressing a bit about it, too.

DH is home finally, and I really missed him and our puppy...so glad to have them both back! :

Not too much else going on...it's cold and rainy here, but the trees are changing colors and it's a glorious season.

It's TOM and I'm losing, still...which is amazing! But my sinuses are acting up and I'm sick...my dr. is bound to put me on a course of antibiotics and prednisone, so I'll be feeling your pain soon, Mama!

Have a great day, all!
Old 09-28-2004, 12:41 PM   #17  

I just got back from visiting my doctor for my blood pressure check. My blood pressure was up a bit (it's borderline high now) but she was concerned because my resting pulse was 42. She sent me for an EKG to make sure there wasn't a problem. Everything looks good so she says that it is the beta blocker lowering the pulse. She's taking me off the beta blocker and keeping me on the ACE inhibitor and checking me again in a month.

She says that when the pulse is that low it can cause the heart to have to pump harder and give higher pressure readings. My home readings have been great so I'll just have to see what happens. I was 4 pounds less than the last time I saw her four weeks ago. She asked me about my exercise and was very pleased. Oh, and I picked up a flyer for the Susan G Kolman Race for the Cure. Now I just have to make sure I am free Oct 16. I can't jog but I can walk fast. I last did that race about 12 years ago. It would be fun to do it again.

Last edited by Barb0522; 09-28-2004 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:28 PM   #18  
Faith in me

Default post from last night

I'm still here ladies!!!

Hello!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...I've been exhausted from work...I never knew retail would make you exhausted...man....being on your feet ALL day and walking around...I need one of those pedometer (sp?) thingies...I swear I walk miles and miles in this little store...it's amazing....I wonder if I can count that as exercise Nothing new is really going on....the ladies at work are wonderful and nice....and we get some interesting people.....How have you all been? I've missed talking to all of you!! I dunno if I"m gonna make my goal this month...I'm sooooo close I've got 1 lb to go...but I keep going from 200-201...we shall see....
Old 09-28-2004, 02:44 PM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal
Ellis, you are spinning! WOW!! Is it as tough as they say it is?
YES! It IS!! I'm the fattest one in the class (I'm not putting myself down... just stating a fact), and when the instructor says, "Turn up the tension!", I give the knob a little twist to the right of about 1/2 millimeter.
It's a real workout.
Oh, and the instructor is one of those people who tries out for world championships. That'll be me one day. uh huh.
I'm sorry you're sick, hon. And glad your DH is home... he'll take good care of you.

Jess, we've missed you, too! Yes, get a pedometer! They're great.

Barb, I'm glad your tests turned out okay.
You've inspired me, girl! I'm going to look for a walk to do this fall!!

Peggy, your new apartment must be lovely! I can see DH and I doing that when we retire.

Cottage, good for you getting to Curves! Yes, it's great to "get it over with".
The kitchen? Oh lordy. My sister called me this morning, and when I told her we're tearing down the ceiling and a wall, she said, "Oh, that must be fun!" And she was serious.

Bamie, your backyard sounds very exotic with all that ivy.

Is everyone here sick with colds/allergies?! I'm going to curse myself saying this, but I wonder why I'm not sick!?
It's so beautiful out, and I just woke up from a lovely nap. Well, I did get up at four this morning, so I was due for one.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:32 PM   #20  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

It does seem that everyone is sick I hope you all get well soon!

Ellis -- that's great about spinning. I tried it once during my skinnier days but it hurts my tushie. Oh well! You go girl!

Barb -- Race for the Cure is great! I hope you get your meds sort out soon.

Laurie -- Yes, losing during TOM is very good! I can't ever do that!

History -- Of course it counts as exercise!

Well, I think I am going to make turkey tonight. I also plan to walkk -- I need to try out my new wheels!!

lauren
Old 09-28-2004, 06:07 PM   #21  
A Lily from my yard!

Yea ellis exotic that's what it is! Well atleast I am getting in a little activity. Although I think it was tooo much today. I did more than I planned. You know you start and can't stop til you finish! Now my knee and back hurt sooo bad I can hardly move! Oh what was I thinking? I also realized that I get a lot of exercise goin to the potty from drinkin all my water. See in this house the master bedroom is 5 steps down and my bathroom is 6 steps up. So with every trip to the lil ladie's room I am exercising! They turned the 2 car garage into a MB. Did I mention the closet that room has? Let's just say I have plenty of room for my skinny clothes! Looks like we have all had a fairly good day. I'm goin to the recliner now to prop up my knee!
Old 09-28-2004, 11:35 PM   #22  

Evening...

Getting ready to head off to bed.. I am beat! Another good OP day, although mycravings are far from gone. I am fighting it every step of the way!

Barb We should think about walking Race for the Cure together! Where is the October 16 one located? Maybe we can get a small DFW group going. I would probably be towing DD in the jogging stroller as most of these races are on Saturdays and DH works, but that would be fun!

My pillow is calling...... sorry for not sending individual posts.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:11 AM   #23  

OK, I know Tuesday is almost over...but I wanted to check in and let you know that I am STILL HERE and, believe it or not, still sticking to my program since August 29. A month now and I have lost 5 lbs.

I have been lurking a lot and it is good to know that so many of you are still here. I have just been to busy to type in the AM, but I know you will forgive me -- I need that time now for my EXERCISE BIKE and TREADMILL!

So, thanks for your inspiration and encouragement...even if you didn't know you were encouraging me.
Closed Thread