South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 03:22 PM   #16  
Slowly Changing My Life..

S/C/G: 250/239.8/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good afternoon!

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great day/evening. I officially started today and I am very excited.

I was up at 6AM with the boys to help get them off to school, and then ended up falling back asleep until around noon. I really need to get off of this schedule - it makes me feel like I am wasting the day. The pain in my back keeps me up at night quite often (why is it things get worse at night?!?) and then I am up with the kids in the morning and when they leave I just collapse. I really need to try and get back on a normal schedule, especially for when the doctor releases me back to work. My normal hours are 7A-6P, 4 days a week. I'll never be able to function given the schedule I am currently on.

I will be adjusting my meals today and hope to stop eating by 8 or so, possibly 9. I figure that should be OK since I am normally up to 2-3 AM anyway.

Have a great day everyone!
~P
Old 09-27-2004, 04:27 PM   #17  

Afternoon, gals! I've been lurking all day but I've been in a class having to pay attention. I'm a little sore from the weight training/biking/elliptical this weekend but it is a good kind of sore. I'll take it a little easier at the gym today.

Someone asked how the monthly challenges work. Someone (often Ruth) will start a post where we all post how much we think we will lose in October. Another post will be started for our October exercise challenge. There will also be a post where we post how much we lost in September and Ruth will update the thread that is sticky noted to indicate how we did. Short and simple, just watch the posts that come out the end of Sept/beginning of October.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:42 PM   #18  

Height: 5'-2"

Yeah, and then we explain how we've gained weight instead of losing.
Old 09-27-2004, 05:57 PM   #19  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
Yeah, and then we explain how we've gained weight instead of losing.
No lie there.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:00 PM   #20  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Default Interval Training

Thanks Fuzzy I'm going to try it out. I've been so geeked all day! I'm making my dinner right now. Orange Roughy with Ginger and Scallion sauce, Snow peas and sauteed cabbage. My art fair this weekend had apple dumplings with carmel sauce.

Thanks for all the support everyone - it was days like the Art Fair where I realize how much help you all have been!
Old 09-27-2004, 06:04 PM   #21  
Conquering with SBD

I started interval training when I power walk about a month ago. I do 4 intervals of 3 minutes intense and then 3 minutes of less intense walking, then do 20 minutes of a walking workout. All of it is a cardio workout, but I have been told that the final 20 minutes are the actual fat burning times. I'm not the expert, though...
Old 09-27-2004, 09:02 PM   #22  

Evening gals....

A quick check in while DD is in the tub. (Don't worry, I can see her from our office!)

Good OP day here thus far- am looking foward to my fudgepop and peanut butter here in a bit. A word to the wise- DON'T make the Eggplant and Chicken Casserole in the SBD cookbook. It was not at all good.

No exercise for me today, with the exception of a walk to the neighborhood playground with DD. Walking with an almost 3 year old will not raise the heart rate in the slightest. That girl loves to meander and take in the scenery.

Have a super evening all!!
Old 09-27-2004, 09:52 PM   #23  
Faith in me

I'm still here ladies!!!

Hello!!!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...I've been exhausted from work...I never knew retail would make you exhausted...man....being on your feet ALL day and walking around...I need one of those pedometer (sp?) thingies...I swear I walk miles and miles in this little store...it's amazing....I wonder if I can count that as exercise Nothing new is really going on....the ladies at work are wonderful and nice....and we get some interesting people.....How have you all been? I've missed talking to all of you!! I dunno if I"m gonna make my goal this month...I'm sooooo close I've got 1 lb to go...but I keep going from 200-201
Closed Thread