South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 08:04 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Breast Cancer- Let's help pull the rope.

http://avonweb.ca/ebear/main.html

If you visit this site and pull the rope you will help out with Breast Cancer. Avon is donating 10 cents for every ebear card sent. Let's give a hand.

Last edited by little chick; 09-17-2004 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:22 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Thanks girls I have an Aunt and a cousin both with Breast Cancer. I will be running ( and I use that term lightly) in the Run for the Cure this year with my Mom. Anyone else who runs in that?

Last edited by little chick; 09-17-2004 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:31 AM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

Your message is timely...I just met with one of my staff this morning to donate to breast cancer. His wife is doing a walk for breast cancer in October, so getting sponsors for the event.

My mom is a breast cancer survivor, and the lady that does my nails is just finishing her first 6 months after breast cancer. This hits us too close to home.
Old 09-17-2004, 10:33 AM   #4  

I'm not running, but I'm did pledge money to 7 people who are running. (ok, they are all small amounts, but between the 7 of them, it's an ok donation) Good for you Littlechick! I also have an aunt and cousin with breast cancer currently. Another 2 aunts in remmision, one who has passed (from a different cancer in the end) My mom also had a different kind as did my grandpa and a few assorted uncles and cousins with different kinds. The odds are stacked against my family, I try to support the fundraising when I can.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:43 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks, Little Chick, and good for you for running in the race!
Old 09-17-2004, 03:56 PM   #6  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

I have walked in Race for the Cure for several years. This year, though, it was on my wedding day! So, I'll be back next year I'm sure!

Good luck!!

lauren
Old 09-17-2004, 08:58 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks for the link, Tabitha!
Old 09-17-2004, 09:51 PM   #8  

Wink Thanks for doing this

Hi little chick and all chicks,

Thank you for sending the link and helping to fight in this cause. It is truly worthy. I sent it on to several friends.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:44 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Chicks Home Interiors & Gifts always has a candle for BCA in Oct. which they donate .50 from everyone to the S.G.C. Foundation. This years scent is Carrott Cake! You can find your local displayer by going to www.homeinteriors.com Even in Canada lil chicks! tee-hee I always push this candle more in the fall for the cause. There is also a website that if you visit their site they will help fund mammo's to woman who cannot afford them. I will look for that link to post as well. Ok I had it booked marked! http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/c...jects/CTDSites
Let me see how many times I can add to this! I have also seen t-shirts and such at Wal-Mart but have not had time to slow down to see if there is a donation with the purchase. (Always with DH enough said right!)haha

Last edited by Bamiegurl; 09-19-2004 at 10:49 AM.
Closed Thread