Any Vegetarians?

• I want to include soy meat alternatives in my phase 1 menu but am not sure what is okay.

I was raised ovo/lacto/pesco and I prefer to do that more often than the real meat.

Any suggestions?
  • Hi, Edie,

I'm sorry you have not received more replies! You can check with Mauvais Roux, who does an SBD/WW combo and is vegetarian, I believe. She might have some tips.

Do you have the Good Fats, Good Carbs Guide (GFGCG)? It's really helpful for questions like these. In the GFGCG, Dr. A lists the following as "Good" (which means you can eat them daily):
    • Black Bean burger
    • Hot Dog, Tofu Pup, Frozen
    • Seitan (wheat gluten), refrigerated ready to serve
    • Tempeh soy burger
    • Veggie burger
    • Tempeh (soybean): Fakin' Bacon, Five Grain, Original (plain), Wild Rice
    • Tofu (soybean): Bakes and seasoned, refrigerated ready to serve, Raw, firm, refrigerated, Silken, refrigerated
    • black soybeans, canned
    • green soybeans (edamame), forzen (yum! )
    • yellow fermented soybeans (natto)
    • yellow soybeans, boiled

There is a lot of other info in the GFGCG, I suggest you get it and also PM Mauvais for more help! Also, check with Weezle...I think she's a vegetarian, though not sure if she's ovo/lacto.
  • Thanks, Laurie

I ordered the guide but haven't gotten it in the mail yet.

Thanks for the advice.

Edie
  • Hope it helps, Edie...I'm blundering in the dark a bit here, as I am not vegetarian (but have great respect for those who are!!!). I hope the book helps. Try PMing Mauvais and Weezle...they might have good tips, too. And check out the vegetarian recipes in Alternachicks...Mauvais should be able to fill you in on what is SBD friendly.