South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 06:40 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Monday Beach Chat 09/13

Good morning, Chicks~~

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good. Yesterday I spent most of the day de-cluttering. One room down...a whole house to go! I'm the quintessential packrat. I hate parting with anything that I might find useful at some point in the future. Consequently, I have waaay too much stuff taking up space in my house. I wonder if there's a connection between a cluttered house and a cluttered brain??? It's filled with a lot of useless information that I might use one day, too!

Food-wise, I didn't do so hot this weekend. The red tide came in and when that happens, I NEED chocolate...not wimpy sugarfree stuff, but the real thing.

But today, it's back on track. I posted my menu in the Phighting Phatties thread.

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 09-13-2004, 07:00 AM   #2  

Good morning, Mamacita. My weekend was stressful as the last few weekends. I was convinced that hurricane Ivan was go to blow Tampa Bay off the map. My DH spent 9 hours in line for plywood, then when he came home he was not in a very good mood. At any rate I have been staying OP, but I'm not losing. I'm also not drinking water or exercising one minute, so I guess I need to get up off my butt and start moving. The weather here in Florida is so hot it is unbearable and I guess that's the excuse I use. I do need some motivation.
Chris
Old 09-13-2004, 07:01 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Mamacita, and Chickies to come.

It's rather chilly this morning but The Girls and I sat outside for coffee anyhow. It's the last time for the three of us for a while as Lucy goes to Morna's this morning to get used to living there before she gets into the heavy duty stuff of birthing and feeding her pups. I felt very sad as I washed her bowl and put it away after breakfast. I won't go to see her until she starts into labour and will certainly miss my "little puppy". I'm such a sap for those dogs! Hersh will get double affection for a while.

Aside from the chicken wing deviation on Saturday, food control was very good over the weekend. However, my weight is still stuck and it's nearly halfway through September! I know I am not drinking my water so will concentrate on that this week.

The "Miss Allyn" show went very well yesterday, the best of the three done so far. The Mill was SRO which was great. The "lads" raised the dam two feet in the morning which certainly toned down the roar of the water so we were able to move back to the Mill as originally planned.

Nothing planned today except delivering Lucy to Morna, maybe taking Hersh and my knee for a walk and puttering around the garden starting the fall clean up.

What's happening at your house? Come and chat.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:04 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Chris! we were posting at the same time.

I can imagine your weekends have been stressful. I cannot imagine how awful it must be to keep getting buffetted by those damned hurricanes. Your poor DH! Staying OP is freat - you did mean ON, didn't you? Even if you can't exercise, do try to gt your water in.

Stay safe.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:47 AM   #5  
cac

Good Morning All,

Mamacita - decluttering is a life long goal of mine! What has helped me allot is before I purchase any thing I ask if I have room for it. The answer is no. Which is an indication of how much stuff I have, because there are two of us living in a 3 bedroom house with a garage and basement.

Chris - glad you were spared Ivan! I cna not imagin what you are going through.

Ruth - Glad the play went well.

My weekend exercise went well but food wise off plan. I spent the weekend at my MIL and jsut say there was nothing OP in the house.

cac
Old 09-13-2004, 07:49 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks this is my first monday morning kid free. YEAH. I am sorry that I have not been around much but I rarely have time for anything these days. I am off here in about 2 minutes to take my friend to her Dr app. and to pick up some birthday cards and then I am going to try to get home and enjoy a few minutes of quiet time till the afterschool kids come home. I will try to get in then and chat some more. Have a great day.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's a beautiful morning, and I took my tea outside on the patio. I'll have my coffee and breakfast later, because I have my monthly weigh-in and measuring at 8:30 at Curves and I don't want to eat before it. I had French Toast (but made with WW bread and sugarfree syrup) yesterday for breakfast, and now I'm up 1/2 lb! I don't understand why, because I spent several hours planting Mums and cleaning out the flower beds yesterday, and it sure felt like Strenuous Exercise! And I was very good the rest of the day staying Op. I just don't understand how this body of mine works!
Today looks like it will be pretty busy. After Curves, I have an appt. with the hairdresser for a trim, and I already have a load of laundry started. I plan on cleaning the house when I get home, too. Talapia with peppers and tomatoes is on the menu for tonight.

Ruth, I hope all goes well with Lucy. How long do you expect her to be away? Will she be coming back with all her puppies?

Mamacita, have fun sorting through your things. It seems I can have something for years without using it, but the minute I throw it away, I could use it again! If you plan to have chocolate today, eat a little for me, I've been craving it too!

Chris, I sure hope Ivan misses you! This morning it was reported heading further West and expected to start down-grading to a tropical storm.

Agood morning to everyone else yet to check in! Bye for now--
Old 09-13-2004, 08:03 AM   #8  

Hi all, It's a beautiful, sunny, fresh day here. Great for garden work, so I'll head out there soon.

Mamacita, I hear you about needing to get clutter under control. I'm just a small pack rat, but dd is incorrigible, making 'nests' of her things wherever she stops for a few minutes.

Ruth, glad your play went well. Hope everything goes well with Lucy.

I guess Monday is a big weigh-in day? Hope everybody gets the number they need.

Stayed on plan yesterday, but made 'Nuclear Cheesecake' for dessert and it didn't sit well.

Best wishes for a great on plan day for everybody.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:41 AM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI! I tried a new (to me at least!) sugar free chocolate last night that was actually GOOD!! Z Carb is the name. I can vouch for the dark chocolate; it is WONDERFUL!!! Apparently it also comes with nuts or in Milk Chocolate, but I haven't tried those. It is still high in fat, so it would have to be a rare treat, but it is GOOD!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 09:04 AM   #10  

good morning beach chickies!!
the weekend was great! for the first time in several months i did not gain on a weekend so i am very happy about that! i ate totally op all weekend! i exercised, i feel good!! i am really prepared for the week i spent some extra time yesterday preparing for my lunches and snacks for the week so i don't wimp out at 6am when i am too tired to decide what i want for lunch. i also woke up early this morning and did my new band routine along with some crunches and stretching exercises and most importantly ate a good breakfast which is my one real change for this week. the scale was down this morning but i don't want to believe it yet i will take an official weigh in on saturday since that is the day i started (for real this time). not much time this morning for individual posts so a group hug to all of you and have a great day!!! will check back later.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:09 AM   #11  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning all! Well, the weekend went well -- I stayed OP and whie I didn't get any formal exercise I sure was active. Yesterday I stripped all of the wallpaper in my dining room and primed the walls for painting which was a HUGE job. DH was working, so ! did it all myself! I felt very accomplished.

Tomorrow is weigh-in for me, so i will be anxious to see how my first week turned out. I have peeked so I am pretty sure it looks good!

Lauren
Old 09-13-2004, 09:45 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning all.

Mama, I understand the "red tide" problem over the weekend. I didn't eat 1 thing OP all weekend long. Back on Ph1 today. I'm so ashamed that I'm just going to leave my current weight where it's at and work back down to it. I'm an off-plan eating cow.

Been having a hard time sleeping lately. Was waking up around 3 for a few nights, but last night, I woke up on the 30's, starting at 3:30, all the way until 8:30 when I just got up. Every freaking hour. I don't know what my problem is. I'm exhausted. I fell right back to sleep every time I checked the clock....one time I used the restroom, another time I got a drink of water....I just don't know what my deal is.

Long day at work today. Ugh. A 2-jobber. May be putting in my notice at Job #2 sooner than I planned on. My mom's PartyLite show has earned me over $200 so far. That's 1 show. That's also more than I make in a month at Job #2.

Well, better start getting ready for work. Haven't had breakfast yet (not even hungry at all, even) or packed a lunch or showered or anything. I just want to go back to sleep. This will be my permanent face.

Have a good day everybody.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:03 AM   #13  

Morning, gals. I've been keeping an eye on Ivan all weekend but I haven't called my sister in Tampa yet. So far it is still a dangerous category 5 hurricane but it looks like most of Florida will be okay. It depends on when it changes direction though. We never had this many hurricanes when I was a kid.

I ate good all weekend but am still at 168. I think I don't drink enough water on the weekend. I'm out of dark chocolate now and I plan to wait awhile before I buy any more. It is just too tempting to eat it too often so I'd rather not keep it around.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:28 AM   #14  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Chickies! Back on the beach! Gotta get back to 3 meals a day now! I'm pumped up and ready to get these last 30 lbs off! I'm bad about skipping breakfast. I'm gonna fry the whole pack of turkey bacon so all I have to do is heat and eat in the mornings. I had a very busy summer. DH saw a house he liked for sale and so we wound up buying it and have been working on it with paint and such. We are all moved in now and close on our old house Fri. Bought the new one before we sold our old one. But this one will keep me busy lot's a lot's a lot's a trees! haha Probably about 30 or so! Lot's of little flower gardens and rock pathways. Oh it is so different than our other house which was brand new and had no trees! Nice back deck to drink my morning coffee on. I was always envious of you chicks drinkin your coffee outside. I had a nice patio over there but no shade and the sun came up on that side of the house! It is .6 miles from our old house! Big move! An older couple lived here and so it just needs a little TLC! Well I have rambled enough for my first day back! Oh it feels great to be back on the beach full swing!
Old 09-13-2004, 10:33 AM   #15  
Faith in me

Good Morning Ladies!

Mamacita: I apparently collect clutter too I just can't seem be able to let go of things....I'm working on it though!

chris40: I hear ya about those darn hurricanes...I may not be in Florida...but up here in VA we've been having a time with them as well...they are horrible and destroy everything...although Florida has gotten more damage....but we're getting there as well...they're calling for more rain this week and I think if we get any more we'll have a swamp outside our house

Ruthxxx: So sorry about Lucy having to leave for a little while...but just think...you'll be playing with her and the puppies in no time!

Cac and Little Chick: Hello!! I hope you two have a wonderful day today!

cottagebythesea: French toast sounds yummy! Do you like Curves? I've heard mixed feelings about that place.

Heidi, dentrassi, GoldieFun: Hello ladies, how are you doing today?
I hope you have a wonderful day!

Weezle-: Don't worry...you'll be back on the wagon and losing in no time! About the sleeping thing...that's happened to me a few times...are you stressing out about anything? that may be causing it.

Barb:I think your sister will be fine....I think Mobile, Alabama might get hit pretty bad by the looks of it...(i've got friends there and am worried) I hope you have a wonderful day and drink plenty of water!

To everyone else yet to come, Have a wonderful day!!!

me: well not much is going on...just in the office answering phones....washing clothes and who knows what else
Closed Thread