South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 05:22 PM   #16  

Hey all,

Any suggestions on good in between meal snacks for phase 1.

Day 7!!! Yeah!! I can do this.

Just have to avoid those muffins I made for my daughter this afternoon and her birthday cake tomorrow.

Like my new avatar? That is my little cutie last September. It is one of my favorites of her.

Edie
Old 09-11-2004, 07:01 PM   #17  
Faith in me

Hello Everyone!!

Speaking of spiders...I had one in my car the other day...and I freaked out and flicked him.....now I don't know where he is....and today I had the windows down in the car and was sitting in the parking lot and a lady bug flew in....lol....Not much is going on...went for a walk today...and bought some much needed pants for my new job....but they're still a size 20.....oh well...How is everyone doing today?
Old 09-11-2004, 08:49 PM   #18  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chicks just a quick check in, I have 9 pre teen girls laying all over my living room floor with their eyes glued to a movie. It is dd's 11 birthday party. A big sleepover. They are having a blast and being fairly quiet. I am sure that will only last til about midnight when they start yaking. Well I am off to catch up on the rest of the posts.

Jodi- I can understand where you are coming from. My grandfather was the same he did not know who I was at the end either and it broke my heart as he and I were very close. I hope Jimmie wins tonight.

Ellis- my love you are sounding like you have things in perspective. I admire you strength.

A big HELLO to the rest of you lovelys.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:31 PM   #19  

Yahoo! just weighed in, down to 168!

Get to change my stats!!

Edie

See you ladies tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:53 PM   #20  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hey all-just a quick check in. This week was just crazy with back to school. The good news is that I am currently driving about 8 hours a day this year so it is a blessing financially. I finally get to feed my piggy some money for a rainy day.

Today I had dd's b-day party. Six screaming children running around my house for two hours. I went to work with a headache. Part of it was the kids and part of it was the fact that I caved and had a darn cupcake! The rest of the day was OP for me.

Spiders gross me out to. I actually woke DF up one night and made him come down and kill a spider so that I could continue working on my project. He was really grumpy with me but did it anyway. I just don't care for an audience watching me while I work, it's not personal!

Not much tommorow. I'm just working down at the salon for a few hours, tanning and then coming home to spend time with the munchkins.

I'm gonna sign off for now, I am pooped! Chat later.
Old 09-12-2004, 06:14 AM   #21  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chickies. Lucy got me up at 4:40 this morning with a desperate yelp - and I was too late responding. Ah well! It's not that hard to deal with a pee puddle and I do sympathize with her.

We decided to move the "show" to the Fair Hall as the water is still roaring through the turbines at the Mill. Unfortunately our hired labour doesn't do weekends so Paul and I hauled all the set to the Fair Hall and set it up. I definitely consider that to be exercise! Harry and I went out for lunch and I gave in and had chicken wings! I hope I did enough physical work to wear them off.

Dinner was very light as I managed to flip a plate full of meat onto the deck. Some survived but the plate just exploded so I ditched the meat - yummy pork burgers made from a tenderloin I ground myself! Boy those Corelle plates sure shatter when they die! I gave Harry the one pork burger that actually made it onto the BBQ and had some Laughing Cow with the roasted veggies.

I am definitely going to Church this morning - if they still let me in! Afterwards I'll do a run through with Anna and Hershey at the new location, grab a quick lunch and then it'll be show time! By 3:30 I expect to be loafing on the deck and spending quality time with my darling Lucy who leaves home tomorrow to start her confinement.

Have a great Sunday, chickies. I'll try to catch up later. It is nearly impossible to respond to every post although some of you manage to do so. I do read everything though.

Hey the sky is lighter now and it looks like a super September day is unfolding. i think I'll celebrate with another coffee!
Old 09-12-2004, 07:34 AM   #22  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Well, I guess the spiders were grumpier with me than I thought. I've confirmed 2 and possibly 3 bites on my person. One on my right hand that is swollen the size of a mosquito bite and another is on the left side of my ribcage. This one isn't as swollen but the bite marks have degraded into a small crater and it hurts like ####. This one, I'm watching closely.

Busymomma, here's something to think about...when that spider was watching you...he was watching with all 6 to 8 eyes!!!!!

Had a great time at the Yellow Daisy Festival yesterday. Only spent about half my alloted funds. Bought refresher oil for my moth repel potpourri and my dried orange/cinnamon stick and bayleaf garland. Also bought a pretty black sheep pin and...some cinnamon glazed pecans. The pecans are such a treat, I'll be eating them VERY sparelingly, so I guess they're not totally bad.

Lunch was an "Atkins-friendly" gyros plate. The pita bread was whole grain, but there was quite a bit of grease to it. Tried to let it sit for a few moments to let some of the grease drain to the plate and only ate what was on top.

Today I'm making a standing rib roast. Mashed taters and au jus gravy for the guys. Me, I'm having a couple slices of 9 grain bread with it. Veggies will be sauted spinach.

I have to go run a blood test later this am, but other than that, just shuffling stuff around for DD to move her furniture back in.

Hope you all have a beautiful day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 09-12-2004, 07:48 AM   #23  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Ruth... I'm so sorry about your plate of meat. It was Fate. God was watching your calorie intake, and paying you back for the chicken wings.
I hope the girls are doing well... big hugs for them and you and dear Harry...

Mamacita, I'm so sorry about the bites! Yes, keep a close eye on them sweetie...

Emily, I'm glad you've got more hours! It's so nice to have some extra money.
Your spider story reminds me of one day years ago when DD was a new-born. Our budgies escaped from their cage, and I'm terrified of birds flapping around my head. I locked myself in the bedroom with DD, called DH at work, and got him to come home to rescue us.
Hope your DD had a good birthday!

Little Chick, I hope your DD had a wonderful birthday, too! Nine girls for a sleepover! I'll bet they had a great time!

Edie, I LOVE the photo of your daughter! It's so cute the way she's posing!

Cottage... what a sweet husband you have! That's much more personal than bringing home flowers!

BirdLady, it's great to see you back! You don't have to be on South Beach to chat with us... we love having you here.
That's great news about the exercise equipment! Keep it up... you'll only get stronger!
I just brought home Dad's rowing machine that he'd said I could have. I'd borrowed it one summer a few years ago, and lost 25 pounds with it.

Lizzie, I'm so glad you're safe, hon. Keep us posted as often as you can... saying prayers for you, and for everyone there in danger.

Jenn, congratulations on the good weigh-in! You're doing so well!!

Jodi, good on you for using the bands! I INSIST on you using them again today. Hear me, girl?!
Hugs for you and your grandma...

RNMom, isn't is great when your DH does the plan with you!? Mine is always willing to start afresh with me. (and then the following day, he wonders what the heck is going on when I go off plan... )
What kind of tests is that weird doc doing? Pregnancy?

Heidi, I hope you're having a better day today... you can always dump on us, sweetie. We all have our bad days.

Chubbamuma, did you get anything good at the garage sales? I LOVE going to garage sales! I missed one of our biggest yesterday... it's an entire neighbourhood in Centretown, and hundreds of people participate.

Barb, congratulations on the two hour walk! Yes, some older women are SO inspiring. My Mother is one of them. I know I've said this before, but she's 79, and a real fit babe.

Kim, I hope you enjoyed your time alone last night! My dream is to have a week alone in the house. DH is taking the kids to church this morning, so at least I'll have a couple of hours to myself.

Jess, don't get discouraged about your pants size. You've done so well so far... you're doing it, girl!!

Yesterday Mom and I went over to the old house and picked up some more stuff. I got some of my Dad's tools, including his arc-welding equipment. He was supposed to teach me to weld this summer, but that didn't happen. I think I'm going to take a course instead of trying to "wing it". The electrical box thingy is so darned heavy, I don't think we can get it to the basement. I'm thinking of leaving it in the living room as "art".
I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Thank you again for the love and hugs, girls...
Old 09-12-2004, 08:49 AM   #24  
Pending Email Confirmation

Spiders and birds, you wouldn't think I'd have stories that concern them both but I do! Well, spiders I have always had the nearest other person come kill. My boyfriend and I keep having them show up in our bathroom, even he makes our roommate kill them Luckily, none of them bite..they're all pretty small.

My friend though, has the best bird story I have ever heard. She was a baby, maybe two or three and her brother was five. They were playing in their living room with their mum and all of a sudden a hawk flew through their bay window. It smashed right through and was stunned on the floor kind of squaking and trying to get up. Their mum grabbed the kids and ran into the bedroom and called the police. The cops thought she was drunk, They said "A hawk in your living you? Suuuure, we'll send someone out..." So they sent out an officer and when he walked in the front door they heard "Holy $#&%! There is a hawk in this living room!" He had to call three more officers to catch the thing, which had gotten up by now and was trying to get out itself. Its the funniest story I have ever heard, concering hawks and living rooms of course. hehe
Old 09-12-2004, 08:53 AM   #25  

Hi Everyone, Thanks for your kind words of support. I was just having a blue day and getting too philosophical about history and future with the 9/11 memories. My sister was with me all that morning on the phone from her hospital bed, so the anniversary is a combination of the global tragedy and my sister's personal tragedy which was unfolding at that time. That day marked the beginning of a sudden decline for her and she died a couple months later of lymphoma followed by leukemia. Somehow it all struck me yesterday and made my comments a bit morose.

Today we're off to IKEA for the $1 breakfast. I have the scrambled eggs and one sausage and the kids take my hash browns and croissant. I had promised myself a bouquet of flowers on reaching a 30 pound milestone, so I'm getting myself something at IKEA - probably a plant rather than cut flowers though.

Good wishes for everybody what with spider bites, hurricanes and opening night jitters!

Hope everybody has a great day.
Old 09-12-2004, 08:56 AM   #26  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Heidi... I'm so very sorry about your sister. Sending you lots of love and hugs and prayers...
Old 09-12-2004, 09:26 AM   #27  

morning chickies,
yesterday was a good day!! i ate totally op i exercised in the morning, cleaned my horribly dusty house, washed clothes, went for a very upbeat 20 minute walk last night. i felt great!! as i said yesterday i was inspired by the book i started on friday and decided to make 1 change at a time my change for the week this week (starting yesterday) was to eat breakfast everyday (no matter how bad it hurts my theory being when i eat a good op breakfast i want to continue being op through the day. yesterday it worked!! today i will do the same. i have my breakfast planned for the rest of the week also. i CAN do this. yes ellis i have the bands ready to go and i looked at the stair master last night might hop on it today who knows??

i have decided that computer printers are disposable items. dh and i went search of ink cartridges for our printer yesterday, we have never replaced the in in this printer, when we got to the store we found to repoace both the color and the black it would be close to $80 so instead of buying the ink we got a new printer for $50 it came along with a pack of photo paper free($14 value) a $5 giftcard and a $20 mail in rebate. the downside is when it comes time to replace the ink in this new one it is going to cost $65 for both color and black. so i guess when the time comes i will again look for the deal of the day on printers and start from square one!! that is just insane to me how much the ink costs!! maybe a smart printer company would get a good promo going buy 2 ink cartridges get the printer free?? crazy world we live in here.

heidi

mama take care of the spider bites some of them can scar terribly.

ellis rowing and welding sounds like you have big plans ahead of you. metal sculpting sounds like a fun hobby though!! i WILL exercise promise!!

ruth good luck today i would say break a leg but don't want to jinx you!! hugs to the mamapoochies!!!

little chick and busymama god bless your patience with all those screamin girls!!!

little chick i am so glad our jimmy got locked in to the top 10 early cause if they went of the past 6 weeks or so we'd have nothing to be excited about. my dh's driver kacey kahne didnt make it so he is bummed!!

edieschmedie congrats on the loss keep up the great work!!!

socalbirdlady- welcome back!! hang around and chat with us we are al equal opportunity dieters, whatever works for you is your OP!!

cottage what a nice dh you have!!

rnmom- good for you the extra support with dh helping will hopefully be the key!!

hello to lizzie (take care!!) jenne, barb, kfs, and chubba!!
if i missed anyone sorry hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:06 AM   #28  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ellis-YIKES!! Maybe YOU can learn to weld and then i can come visit and you can teach ME!!!
Closed Thread