South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 12:26 PM   #46  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Granny panties thats what I call my underwear as well. I do love my sexy stuff. But some days just just can't help feeling comfy in those big old bloomers.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #47  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
What are "thigh protectors", and where might I purchase a pair?
Ellis, you're a woman after my own heart, though I doubt you need them, you skinny girl!

I use those "super suckers" (as DH calls them) to protect my thighs from chafing. They're those foundation garments that go from above the knee to waist, and are meant to suck everything in and make you sleek. For people like me, they just redistribute the fat to above my waist, though. So I basically wear them to have something between my thighs ( no dirty thoughts, Ruth! ) so they don't chafe when I wear a dress or skirt.

I don't like the really tight ones, so I have tried everything, from cheap-o ones at Wal*Mart, to drapy cotton ones from Penney's. My favorites are a relaxed pair I got at Lane Bryant years ago. I would love to not have to wear them, but I'm not there yet. Meg assures me that when I lose all this weight, my thighs will no longer rub together. In fact, she says she has an open spot between her thighs like the one we usually have between our calves! I would LOVE that!
Old 09-15-2004, 03:53 PM   #48  

I am late to the party but thought I would jump into this thread. You ladies are cracking me up!!!

For me, I have an *immediate* goal of buying a little black dress from a "regular girls" store for a wedding the end of October. DH and I are going away without the kids for the first time and I want to WOW DH (if ya know what I mean )

Other than that, I want to shop at Banana Republic and Ann Taylor. I want to wear pants to work and TUCK in a stinking shirt. I want to buy a shirt that is not cut straight at the bottom, you know...the kind that are supposed to be worn only tucked in?
Old 09-15-2004, 04:49 PM   #49  
I found my hipbones!

I want to wear skirts again. I used to LOVE wearing skirts and getting dressed up. Now I dread it b/c 1) my tummy and legs aren't what they used to be and 2) I have to try to find hose that fit b/c of the whole thigh-rubbing issue that has been previously mentioned...

Also I'm looking forward to being able to dress like a normal person in the summer heat. For years I've suffered through the summer in jeans b/c I was afraid of showing my legs. I finally wore shorts this summer, but I only wear them around people that I trust not to laugh.

Someone else said it...I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:58 PM   #50  
Conquering with SBD

Fuzzy - give yourself a huge pat on the back...look how far you have already come. You are awesome and by next summer, you will be sporting all the regular clothes and strutting your self. Keep up the great work.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:43 PM   #51  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Yes, you girls are too funny! I am also looking forward to being able to wear a TOWEL!!! And not a huge bath blanket kind, just a normal, little towel, and fit it around my chest and have it cover me completely! THAT would be a TREAT!!!!

It's the little things.

Lauren
Old 09-15-2004, 09:02 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieFun
I am also looking forward to being able to wear a TOWEL!!! And not a huge bath blanket kind, just a normal, little towel, and fit it around my chest and have it cover me completely!
OMG, I completely agree. I so agree. I would probably prance around my house, get the mail, walk to the park, and might even go buy myself new shoes wearing my towel.

Old 09-16-2004, 10:21 AM   #53  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Quote:
OMG, I completely agree. I so agree. I would probably prance around my house, get the mail, walk to the park, and might even go buy myself new shoes wearing my towel.
You could be in that comerical where all the girls are running around town in a white towel. Can't remember what that comerical is about.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:31 PM   #54  
Peanut's Mom

I think it was the commercial was for a deodorant or powder or something and the implication was that you felt shower fresh all day. There's also one for a hair highlighting product where they're having a "streaking" party and all these dead gorgeous people are hanging out in their towels. Maybe we should host such a party when we're all skinny and confident...
Old 09-17-2004, 04:08 PM   #55  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Jen -- I am sitting here at work cracking up! Going shopping for new shoes wearing your towel!!!!

Wasn't there a commercial that had to do with "extreme" casual Friday at the office where everyone showed up in their towels?

lauren
Old 09-23-2004, 03:22 PM   #56  
I can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieFun
Yes, you girls are too funny! I am also looking forward to being able to wear a TOWEL!!! And not a huge bath blanket kind, just a normal, little towel, and fit it around my chest and have it cover me completely! THAT would be a TREAT!!!!
Lauren
Oh, that is perfect, Lauren!!! : I would love that too!!! I've just taken to putting the towel on my head and running to the bedroom naked, as wrapping a normal bath towel around me is like putting a washcloth around Twiggy.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:16 PM   #57  

Anything I can tuck in! LOL
Old 09-23-2004, 08:22 PM   #58  

Default Size 12!!!

Six years ago I became pregnant and just bought BIG clothes instead of maternity wear,,,two years ago I got prego again and bought plus sized maternity wear...I started my post pardum in a size 26...YUCK! The largest size I ever wore when I wasn't pregnant! I am now in a size 18 or 16W. I think the last time I was in a 16 was in 8th grade...sad but true My goal is a modest size 12...and you know what else? When I FIND my belly button I'm getting it pierced...yes I'm 32 but it's a goal, LOL
The largest goal I have attained is being able to shop in the "regular" stores with my skinny mini friends and actually FIND something!

E

288/224.5/188
Old 09-24-2004, 08:05 AM   #59  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScrapper
The largest goal I have attained is being able to shop in the "regular" stores with my skinny mini friends and actually FIND something!
Oh, I miss those days! I used to be able to walk into any store, take anything in my little size off the rack, and buy it without trying it on. BOY, do I miss that! I'm so tired of having to go into shops for "big girls", or even having to search the end of the racks in the second hands stores where the "enormous sized clothing" is hung.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:11 PM   #60  
I can do this!

Ah, Ellis! You are SO going to get there again...I KNOW it...please don't worry, okay? Just toss the bridge mix out the window and hang up a teeny-tiny dress for inspiration. You can totally do this...I know you've made it through far harder times!
Closed Thread