South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 12:33 AM   #16  

Thanks for the tips AdiaFaith!
Old 09-11-2004, 09:31 AM   #17  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

for me, a change in lifestyle has completely changed what i crave. i used to despise celery... now it's one of my favorite foods. i crave what i have made staples in my diet, i think partly because my body has realized it's that or nothing. haha
i also wanted to say, fish and seafood are EXCELLENT sources of protein.
good luck to you.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:50 AM   #18  

I agree, girl81. When I am not stuffed with junk food, most other healthful foods taste very good to me. I can not believe how much I now enjoy raw vegetables and fruit these days. I'm not wild about fish, either, but there is a new kind of salmon that comes in an envelope in the canned food section. It's good, as well as the tuna with spices and herbs in envelopes in the canned food section.
Good luck, redswirls. Taste buds are sometimes difficult to retrain.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:44 AM   #19  

I eat a lot of non-meat meals on SB Diet so it is doable but it depends on how finicky you are. I make omelettes and frittata with vegies in them because they don't really taste like eggs but are full of protein. I eat a lot of greek salads, make a stir fry with nuts, make vegetarian chilli using italian vegies, canned tomatoes and beans, eat lots of yogurt, and make home made vegetable or minestrone soup. I don't eat tofu or use much cottage cheese. I am not sure how you would get on in phase one because that was when I ate mostly meat and salads.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:52 AM   #20  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redswirls
I am lacking protein in my present diet. I cannot stand beans or tofu. I do eat eggs, but seldom eat yolks that have the bulk of protein. I have added nuts in moderation, but my diet has mainly been processed crap...a ton of carbs!
Reswirls, I don't mean to be unsupportive, but if you are going to live a vegetarian lifestyle, you need to find healthy sources of protein and eat them, whether you like them or not. Of course, you can find great ways to prepare them that are tasty to you, but if they still are not palatable, you need to just eat them. I hate veggies, but I've learned to eat them...some are not favorites, but I have found that there are many I can eat if I cook them in ways that are tastier than others, and then just pinch my nose and get through it. I'm never going to love veggies, but I know I need to eat them for my health, so I do it.

If you want to be in good health and live a long life, you need to do this as well (eat the food you need whether you like it or not). Explore sources of soy protein other than tofu, use dairy, find beans that you do like, etc. I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but I have two friends who were in the hospital, and one almost died, because they were committed to being vegetarian but did not eat any protein. One, my cousin, lost her highly sought-after career as a ballerina with a major company because she collapsed on stage. She was hospitalized for a very long time and was never able to dance again. Please take gentle care of yourself and make sure you are getting your protein.

Have you tried Morningstar brand vegetarian patties? They are excellent and good sources of protein. Keep looking...I bet you'll find things you can eat, and maybe even enjoy.
Closed Thread