South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 06:56 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Tuesday chat

Good morning chickies I am doing the dance of joy.... school is back in. YAHOOOOOO. Do you think that I am a wee bit happy. Although I can't believe that my baby went off to middle school today. Sorry I was not around sunday or monday but dh painted the computer room floor so I was stranded from the computer. I did not get the job at the hotel although when she called me she told me if the person she did not hire didn't work out that she would call me on Tuesday. Oh well not to upset I am sure the perfect job will come along someday. Well I must go have another wee one that has to get ready to catch the bus soon. I will return. Happy Tuesday. Rest up chicks tomorrow is HUMP DAY.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:18 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Little Chick, I can so relate! I remember how I felt on that first school day in September. Relief!

I had a great long weekend with food and friends and fun and am ready to tackle September now. I woke up before the Girls this morning for some reason and have laundry all done and the dishwasher run and emptied. I wonder if this burst of energy will last. A new friend, William, is coming at ten for a tour of our little Church and also to see the Girls. His Dad had a Portie many years ago and he hasn't seen one since. We may take both Girls with us when we walk up to the Church.

I'm back on strict Phase II as of this morning. When I walk down for the paper, I'll buy some kidney beans so I can make a bean salad with the very last of the garden beans. There are four 590ml bottles of water sitting ready to drink on the kitchen counter. I am really remiss on the water part of the plan. I need to get with it.

How is your day and week shaping up?

PS - notice two references to walking in my post. I am doing it, even though it hurts.
Advil and the knee girdle are my friends. I wish we could get Aleve here in Canada.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 09-07-2004 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling mistake before Ellis or Beachgal spotted it!
Old 09-07-2004, 07:39 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Spent yesterday making tamales with DD. Only made 5 dozen, enough for us to sample yesterday and for 3 dinners in the future. I was so NOT OP yesterday. Tamales are hideously fattening, loaded with carbs and Crisco. On top of that, DD made a lemon cake and yes, I had a slice. Then had 2 eggs for dinner.

Now, why do you suppose I am DOWN 2 POUNDS this morning?

Today, it's back to the protein and veggies.

Ruth, I admire you for walking, even though it hurts. Maybe you could flit across the border one day and stock up on Aleve...

Little Chick, Sorry you didn't get the job, but like you said, the perfect position will come along...

We're getting pounded by the remnants of hurricane Frances. There are some schools closed here due to flooding and power outages.

Well, gotta fly on outta here. Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 09-07-2004, 08:02 AM   #4  

Hello everyone!!

Yes I am back. Not that I really have been anywhere except not getting my but to the computer. Had a nice long weekend got a little Op with a pinacolada Sunday but could not resist one. I am goint to try and take Ruths example and walk a little we shall see how this goes. I need to do some sort of exercise and get mu but moving and off !! :: I did hit the 200 mark this weekend so my goal notw is just to get under it. I know i can do it. i am off to the store today to get more OP food and fixing chicken capri tonight. It sounds yummy!!
Little Chick- Sorry about the job. But you have a great attitude. The right one will come along!
Ruth- Good for you on the walking every step counts!!
Mam- I know I could not resist lemon cake either and if you had only 1 slice I think that shows great will power.(Iwould have eaten more than that!!)

Well everyone have a great Tuesday. Check in with you all later.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:52 AM   #5  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Hi ladies!! I am back from being away from the holiday, and here for DAY ONE of the SBD! I got up early this morning and made DH and I eggs and turkey bacon, we each took our vitamins and weighed-in. So, I sent him to work with his mid-morning snack and brough pistachios for mine. I'd say we're off on the right foot! Tonight I have yoga, so I am looking forward to that as well. It's only my second class -- I am going every Tue. at the University.

Question: Are sunflower seeds an OK nut for phase one? (didn't see them in the book)

Little chick -- you are right, the right job WILL come along!

Ruth -- I was feeling that post-vacation energy boost this morning as well. I hope it lasts for both of us!

Mamacita -- Down two pounds sounds good to me!

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

Lauren
Old 09-07-2004, 09:21 AM   #6  
cac

Hi,

It has been a while sine I posted. I was busy protesting the RNC. Everyone seems to be back in the city and traffic was $%@#& this morning. I lost 4 lbs for the monthe of August. It is strange but people are complimenting me on my weight loss today even though I have not lost anything in a week. It must be all the exercize has finally kicked in and I look thinnner.

cac
Old 09-07-2004, 09:31 AM   #7  

Morning, chickies! I'm up a pound this morning. I stayed on plan all day yesterday but we were at our friend's for lunch and dinner so I ended up eating fat free hot dogs with whole wheat buns for two meals with my 4 bean salad. On the other hand, I did not eat the Doritos, potato salad, corn on the cobb or cake so it could have been much worse.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:38 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Only bad thing about long weekends is that you aren't ready to go back to work when it's time. That's me, today. Groggy and running late.

I'm doing Ph1 for real, now. Cheated all weekend because of Labor Day....just couldn't help myself. Now, I'm serious, dangit.

Working at another girl's store today, again (sigh.) Then have to work 2 more days at my store, and then a 3 day weekend! WAHOO! Fri is Molly's Birthday Celebration, Saturday is my mom's PartyLite show, and then Sunday is my day of rest!

Well, better get ready for work. Talk to you all later. Have a great day!
Old 09-07-2004, 09:47 AM   #9  

Morning, chickies. Sounds like everyone is having a nice day. Yay for first days of school, hopefully I will have one next year!

I had a half on, half off program weekend. I had ww pasta with non OP meatballs, but only a couple. And then I crashed and burned for Sunday and Monday. My dad grew pears this year, so I made a pear tart and it was delish. I am going quasi-phase 2 this week. I have been doing phase 1 since the first week of August. Hopefully once LSATs are over, I can focus on being better and working out, etc.

Anyway, not much time here to chat. Tons of work to do. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:15 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning!

Ate pretty well yesterday -- but that darned gym was closed. Took me 2 hours to get to work because school's back which means major traffic which means I will have to get up an hour earlier to take the early bus tomorrow - UGH!

Little Chick - It wasn't meant to be and you are right, the right one will come along and that one you'll get!

Ruth - I contemplated walking last night - glad one of us did it!!!

Mama - Only ONE slice??? Amazing. The whole cake woulda been in my bell-ay!

Sk - Welcome back! And congrats on 200 -- almost ONEderland!

Goldie - Welcome to the beach and yes, sounds wonderful. I eat sunflower seeds, and HOPE they are OP. I eat 1/3 of the serving size -- so usually 1/3 a tube when they come in the tubes that are 2 for $1!

cac - Thanks for PROTESTING!!!! My dad said traffic at home was horrible. Some of my colleagues went and said the same. Hopefully things will get back to normal!

Barb - Yay for you and your willpower. I had none on Sat and Doritos and Cookies it was. I am up 3 now!!! Good for you!

Weezle - let's stay OP together, ok?
Old 09-07-2004, 10:36 AM   #11  
I vant to draw your blood

Hey Chicks~~

Went in to work and the power was out. Sat there for half an hour and finally the doctor said I might as well go home since he had no idea when the power would be back on. So, I'm sitting her on call for any STAT's that might come my way.

Mamacita
Old 09-07-2004, 11:08 AM   #12  
Peanut's Mom

Mama - Sorry to hear you're w/o power at the office...could be worse, my parents have been w/o power for two days now. Charley demolished their fence and basketball hoop, Frances took out their 30 foot magnolia tree and part of their roof, so they were just elated when I told them last night that Ivan was lurking 'round the corner. Everyone's safe, though, and Dad's finding creative new ways of grilling the stuff that's defrosting in the powerless freezer. All the years they've lived in Florida, they've never been hit by a hurricane. Now it looks like they'll get three in a row. Man, I love Pennsylvania more and more each day!

Congrats to those w/ kiddies heading off to school and staying OP!

I have been completely off-plan since last Thursday. Hoping it's just PMS, but I'm just not feeling the SB vibe right now. I'm working at getting it back today, enough is enough and I'm not gonna throw away all my hard work for some immediate gratification! So far, so good today...just gotta keep it up!

Have a great, OP day!
Old 09-07-2004, 11:20 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sorry I've been incognito, girls! Things have been super busy in the office with the beginning of the college year!

LC, it's wonderful to "see" you so upbeat! What color is the floor? I know the right job is out there for you!

Ruth, sounds like a wonderful day! Hope you and the girls have fun with William! The bean salad sounds so good! We've been OD'ing on green beans while they are fresh and cheap! Can I send you some Aleve or will the border guards confiscate it? Maybe I can hide it in a fruitcake (no need to make it OP, no one will eat it! )?

Mamacita, Tamales! Yum! Have you ever read the book, Too Many Tamales? It's great! Should cure you of eating them for a while. I really wish corn was an SBD option. I do miss it! Good for you for getting back on track!

SKHerb, good for you on planning to exercise! Get out there and do it! It makes you feel oh-so-good! And lots of for getting into ONEderland...I know you can do it!

Goldie, welcome back! The GFGCG says that sunflower seeds are Good, and 1 Tbsp is a serving. I can't imagine they'd be a problem in Phase 1, just don't overeat them, okay? The book doesn't say if that 1 Tbsp is shelled or not, I would assume so...so 2 Tbsp unshelled ought to be serving, IMHO!

cac, thanks for getting out there and protesting! I love being an American! : Congrats on the compliments...aren't they lovely?

Barb, good for you on staying OP! The hot dogs are very limited (according to the GFGCG), so I would eat no more than one (a serving) a month. They can really mess with your loss, as you found. What about having a lean hamburger or two next time? I still think it's fabulous that you resisted all that yummy sounding food!

Weezle, your weekend-to-come sounds wonderful! Keep looking toward that goal and before you know it, it will have arrived!

Kvixen, I love pears! Have you tried having one with Laughing Cow Light cheese? It's amazing! When do you take the LSATs? I know you'll do great!

Jenn, I know you can stay OP! Darn gym! Isn't that irritating! Can you walk to work? If so, maybe then you can get your exercise in and get to work earlier than waiting for the bus? Either way, I know you'll succeed!

Me:

Have to dash to the campus center...we put in a new website that allows students to search for jobs and hook up with alumni for mentoring, etc. I'm doing a table in the campus center at lunch and dinner to promote it.

Not too much going on with me...had some loss after TOM was over, but it hopped back up two pounds, which I can't figure out. <sigh> We'll see.

Did a great workout at the gym yesterday which made me feel great! The website my trainer uses to give me my exercises has a tagline that says, "Because endorphins feel good" and they are so right!

Start class tonight...I'm doing an independent study with my favorite professor and part of it is to TA in her class. I hope I do her justice!

Not much else going on...hope all is well with everyone and forgive me for the posts I miss in this thread!
Old 09-07-2004, 11:30 AM   #14  

Happy Days, Happy Days
The sun is out , there is almost no wind and I lost 2 pounds for a total 9 since August 9th. See there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Chris
Old 09-07-2004, 11:40 AM   #15  
Faith in me

Good Morning Ladies!

Well I hope everyone had a nice long weekend and that everyone is refreshed! I managed to catch a cold this weekend from my Grandma I hate colds...they're just the worst! OH well it'll be lots of water for me...I'm feeling discouraged at the moment....but that might be because of the cold and tom...ugh...i'm hoping the scale will move down soon...it keeps going between 209 and 208...LC-There is a perfect job out there for you and me...we just have to find it! I'm glad you're so upbeat! Ruth- I've been doing the walking too, I just take my discman with a bunch of upbeat songs and just go with it Well later today I go to yet another interview...this one is for the part-time job...so we shall see what happens...it'd be nice to have I'd get some great discount on clothes...not that I should be spending money on them...but I do need a new pair of pants...mine are a bit too baggy to wear and I don't want to look frumpy...Well I should be going...Everyone have a pleasant afternoon!!
Closed Thread