3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Hi New to 3FC and SBD! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/46006-hi-new-3fc-sbd.html)

GoldieFun 09-01-2004 11:29 AM

Hi New to 3FC and SBD!

Hi everyone! My name is Lauren and I am new to this site and my husband and I are planning to start the South Beach Diet after the holiday weekend. (9/7) I have a BUNCH of weight to lose (100 pounds) and I really, really, want to be successful this time! I have PCOS so I think the "lower carb" diet is perfect for me! And with my new husband (we were just married in Aug.) doing it with me I am very optomistic.

I look foward to seeing you all around the boards -- especially after next Tue!

:) Lauren

Barb0522 09-01-2004 11:36 AM

Welcome to the Beach, Lauren! Do you have the book? It can really help. Also read through our Frequently Asked Questions and take a look at the recipes. We have some really good ones here.

smilintwins 09-01-2004 11:54 AM

Welcome to the beach Lauren!! Fall might be approaching, but we always use sunscreen around here!!

With PCOS, I think you will see some great success on SBD. Good luck.

jenne1017 09-01-2004 12:04 PM

Welcome Lauren!!

yaya9577 09-01-2004 12:52 PM

Hi Lauren!

You sound a lot like me! I just started SB and coming to the boards this week (8/30) and I'm also a newlywed (since June) and my husband is on SB, also. I currently weigh 272, so I have over 100 pounds to lose. You will really love SB and the boards. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Also, it seems to me anyhow, even the first day of SB I felt so much better, and they have some wonderful recipes posted that help beat the boredom of always eating the same things. Welcome!

nelie 09-01-2004 12:57 PM

Welcome, I have PCOS as well and over 100 lbs to lose. I have found SBD is a very healthy eating plan for someone on PCOS and I hope it'll help you as well.

Bunnababy 09-01-2004 03:28 PM

Welcome Lauren! and congratulations on your newly married status.

beachgal 09-01-2004 04:25 PM

Welcome, Lauren! :wave:

I was happy to see your post, as I know that SBD has been helpful to many with PCOS. I suspect that I have it as well (I'm currently awaiting results of tests to see for sure), and my OB/GYN told me that she would recommend doing SBD as a way to deal with the effects of PCOS. That was great to hear as I'd been doing it for several months when I saw her. :) There is a PCOS support forum here on the boards, and it's great. Check it out if you have time.

Congrats on your recent marriage! That's great! Like you, I have a lot to lose, and am planning to do it for good this time...SBD has really made that possible. This is the longest I have actually followed a plan in my life. I am thrilled at the ease of this WOE and know it is something I can continue doing forever. :D I hope you'll feel the same way!

Be aware that depending on how much sugar and high glycemic-index carbs you've been eating, you will have about 3-5 days of detox in Phase 1. It can be pretty awful, with headaches, feeling tired and cranky, and craving madly. Don't give in to those cravings (no cheating in Phase 1 or you really need to start over), and you will be amazed at how great you feel! :goodvibes:

Welcome and enjoy!

GoldieFun 09-01-2004 04:56 PM

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome!

Barb -- I do have the book and I have read it all! I plan to re-read the important parts again and get some recipes together before next week. :dizzy:

Nelie -- Hi! I am so glad I am not the only one with PCOS here! I really am optomistic this time. Being newly married, we'd like to get pregnant next year and I need to be in tip-top shape for that!

Yaya -- We are South Beach twins -- and both from kansas! How great!!

Beach -- Thanks for the heads-up. I will stick with it NO MATTER WHAT! I am hoping DH doing it with me will keep me honest. :lol:

Thanks again! I look forward to seeing you all around the boards!

beachgal 09-01-2004 05:30 PM

Yay, Lauren! I was hoping you'd say that you were hoping to become pregnant soon...we are just waiting for me to lose this weight. Then :bb: here we come! :goodvibes:

GoldieFun 09-01-2004 05:52 PM

Laurie -- that is SO exciting!! :) You have already lost SO much -- you are doing FANTASTIC! We'd like to start "trying" (my husband hates that word!) at the first of the year. So, we'll see how SBD goes!!!

I am so excited to have another Pre-TTC gal! :) (That's kind of how I think of it!)
Are you taking your pre-natal vits yet? I plan to start those on Tue. as well!