South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 11:47 AM   #16  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oh man, I took so long to post I missed a ton of people!

Weezle, I'm so glad Terry is okay! How awful is that? I hope the insurance can take care of the car. Were there any witnesses? Unfortunately, in some states, the people merging do NOT have the right-of-way, which makes absolutely no sense to me!

Angela! YAY for you for doing so very well! I know you are going to see some great results during Phase 2!!! If you liked the chickpeas, try dipping your veggies in hummus. Yum!

SKHerb, feel you on the dentist...I hate when they brush your teeth with that grindy thing. Yuck! Hope it's fast and painless! Glad you had a nice celebration!

Barb! You got burned? I'm so sorry, hon! I must have missed that post! I hope you heal quickly! Make sure you put some ointment on the open one so that it doesn't get infected!
Old 08-30-2004, 01:00 PM   #17  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Thanks for the well wishes chickies. I am just blah. I hope this mood will lift next week when the kids go back to school. Beachgal I am going to be selective when I go back to work. I guess I was overly excited when I got two calls right off the bat and know nothing. Oh well good things to those her wait.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:52 PM   #18  

Hey chickies...remember me? Sorry I dropped off the face of the internet!!

Actually after my father was in the hospital, my grandmother (his mother) passed away. She was 102 and lived a good long life. I have spent most of my adult life caring for her or managing her care (I caved and moved her into a nursing home in 2001). We took her back to the town she grew up in for the funeral and burial, so I have been away.

All in all, it has been a really long 10 days for me.

Have not stepped on the scale but know I am up. Did not emotional eat, which is a major hurdle. But meals out were not OP and you know. I am just hoping I am not above where I started in August. Will weigh in on Friday as normal. And plan on doing 2 weeks of P1 after the Labor Day holiday.

Have lots to say to everyone, but need to catch up on all the posts!!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:02 PM   #19  

Talking Hello everyone!

I am new here and was reading your posts and admire how you all support one another. I started Mayo today and am looking forward to being half the person I am! LOL! My start weight is 270 and I want to be down to 140. I have been overweight most of my life. I need this change for me as well as my health. I will post later, hopefully daily if work allows. I hope you all are well, sorry to hear about the down moods and car stuff. Just remember, don't sweat the petty stuff, and for heaven's sake, don't pet the sweaty stuff! LOL! Talk to yall later!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:30 PM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to 3FC, Bugsrocket.
Um....you started Mayo? Is that the so-called Mayo Clinic Diet? This forum is about The South Beach Diet. You are very welcome to join us to give and get support. Please read the FAQ Forum for information about this plan.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:59 PM   #21  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet tooth
Hey Laurie, we must have posted at the same time. Takes me so long to type messages...

Good to hear that you were able to get First Class seats to CA. I love flying first class. When hubby was travelling internationally, we would use our frequent flyer miles to upgrade. It was much more comfortable than flying coach, especially on long haul flights overseas. WTG. Good luck on the weight loss. You will be down, I'm sure. Keep going.
Peggy, I was trying to catch up, and I missed you! So sorry! Thanks for the wonderful reply...I'm excited to do first again. Unfortunately, the upgrade to first for our trip to Europe would have been 60,000 miles a piece! So on that one, we're flying coach. I'm hoping the destination will make up for it.

How cool that you went with your husband! Where-all did you go?

I think you have a great handle on what works and what doesn't, with your body. Just keep using that knowledge, and I know you'll reach your goal!

Love your afternoon with the puppy...sounds delicious! And your attitude about chores. I'm certain those are men's work, too. But you know...those emancipated men...so hard to train 'em!
Old 08-30-2004, 07:02 PM   #22  
I vant to draw your blood

Evening, Gals~~

Barb, glad to hear your burned hand is doing better. I feel your pain (literally as I burned my hand last weekend). Hope you kept it in icy cold water as much as possible. That seems to be the trick to dealing with burns.

Jen-- Welcome back! Sorry about the loss of your grandmother, but she hung on for 102 years...that is incredible. When I meet very old people, it amazes me to think of all the changes they've witnessed in the world.

Bugsrocket, I hope you decide to do SBD and join us here.

Weezle--glad Terry's okay, but sure hope that the insurance adjuster finds the trucker at fault. My dh had a similar situation in CA several years back and the CHP officer sided with the trucker even tho it was a hit and run!

Today at work was pretty good. Light patient load, no crabbies and no run-in's with the new boss.

See you all in the morning~~

Mamacita
Old 08-30-2004, 08:43 PM   #23  
Faith in me

hey everyone...just a quick post here...it's raining buckets outside....we've had 9 inches fall so far total since this afternoon!! Downtown Richmond on Main Street is all under water...people are trapped on the roofs of buildings....stores a flooded and cars are floating by down there...some people can't get home cuz the roads are flooded...I'm safe at home with my folks and little brother but the yard is under water...and I'm not sure if we're gonna have power for long....it's been blinking....eek...I hope everyone is having a wonderful day/night....i've been moody...i think tom is on the way...Laurie you're right about everyone being on tom....Weezle I hope your fiance is ok...jen i'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother...102 wow that just amazes me...
Old 08-30-2004, 09:20 PM   #24  

Evening chicks...

First part of the day was OP, but when downhill at about 1:00. Can someone help me find my motivation again?? Sheesh!

Too tired to reply individually (Which I hate not being able to do!)

DD is starting dance class tomorrow. This evening we bought a leotard, tight, ballet shoes, and tap shoes. She looks so dang cute, and is very excited. It should be great entertainment!

Love ya gals!
Closed Thread