South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 09:27 AM   #1  
Canada

Default Spice and Spice Blend source

I have been reading alot of posts about different products that are either in the US or in Canada that are great for SB, but aren't available in both countries. I found a lady who sells Victorian Epicure. It is a company that sells spices and spice blends. It is great because you do not have to buy a bunch of spices to mix together, they are already done for you. Many are sugar and salt free.
She will ship within Canada and the US for $6 or 6% whatever is higher. All prices are in Canadian prices. and you sure do get bang for your buck.

My favorite is the herb and garlic dip, I rub it on chicken. The other great one is Lemon dill dip. I use it on salmon, chicken, in salads, and also mixed with ffsour cream and mayo makes an awesome veg dip.
here is the website.
http://www.epicureselections.com/

Anything to make eating better!!

Sandra
Old 08-24-2004, 01:43 PM   #2  
it's always something

My absolute favorite place to buy spices and spice blends is www.worldspice.com They are located in Seattle, and offer herbs, spices, and their own blends. Everything is sold in bulk and is guaranteed fresh, unlike anything you get in a supermarket or from other retailers. You buy just what you need, whether it's an ounce or a pound! When you buy this way, the prices are extremely low, which is always a bonus. Plus, you can order them whole or ground. If you request ground, they will grind them fresh when filling your order, so you get the most flavor. I can't say enough about them.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:22 PM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Suzanne, you have made my day!!! My mom is from Seattle and met my dad there. They took us to this spice shop every time we visited and the smell when you walk in the door is one of my fondest memories! I remember sniffing each glass jar's contents and being in total heaven! My dad treasures their tea and I had no idea they were online!!!

My parents will totally freak when I send them this link! Wow!!! Thanks so much, Suzanne!!!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:40 PM   #4  
Canada

Susanne, will they ship to canada?

Sandra
Old 08-25-2004, 04:16 AM   #5  
it's always something

Sandra, yes, they will ship to Canada Their order form includes the US and Canada, and they even say they'll ship elsewhere if you contact them first. One unique thing about their order system is that they don't take payment when you place the order. They send the spices along with an invoice, and you pay by check within a week of receiving your order. They say it keeps their costs down, if they don't have to deal with online billing. You can request a shipping quote before they mail it, if you wish to verify full costs in advance. It's usually pretty cheap. I order the spices in plastic bags, to keep the costs way down, and fill my own spice tins at home.

Beachgal, thanks for sharing that!! How interesting! If I ever go to Seattle, that's the first place I'll visit I like their tea, too, and order their fresh chai spices, as well. I've been ordering from them for about a year. Last week, I saw an episode of Alton Brown on FoodTv, about spices, and he began saying that you should always find a quality spicer - like World Merchants in Seattle! The first few minutes of the show were filmed in the store, and it looked really nice. I'd love to go there sometime. I'd love to work there, lol. Wouldn't that be the best job?
Old 08-25-2004, 05:46 PM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oh Suzanne, if you worked there, your puppy would maul you when you came home, you'd smell so good!

I love the smell of their tea...its just delicious! My parents were stoked to hear that you can order online. My dad is already adding it to his list of Reasons Why We Should Retire in WA...
Closed Thread