3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Ellis will be MIA for a while :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/45545-ellis-will-mia-while.html)

Ruthxxx 08-23-2004 08:46 PM

Ellis will be MIA for a while :(

Ellis called me a few minutes ago to tell me that her Dad's pain has become unmanageable at home and they have moved him to a palliative care facility. Naturally she and her family will be spending as much time as they can with him. She will not be on her computer much for the next while.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

1busymomma 08-23-2004 09:31 PM

:( :( (((((((((((((((((Ellis)))))))))))))))))))))

weezle 08-23-2004 09:47 PM

Oh no!!!!

:grouphug:

Poor Ellis. :(

smilintwins 08-23-2004 09:53 PM

{{{{Ellis}}}}

Bunnababy 08-23-2004 09:58 PM

(((((Ellis)))))

RNMOM 08-24-2004 01:22 AM

Hugs!!!!

I'll be sending good vibes your way! Hurry back! I need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cottagebythesea 08-24-2004 06:22 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Ellis}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}}

We're here for you, Sweetie, and praying things get easier.

Mamacita 08-24-2004 06:39 AM

Ellis, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

Mamacita

KristinJ 08-24-2004 07:00 AM

Hey Ellis,

I'm praying for you and your family. Even though it's been 2 years since my Dad passed from colon cancer, I remember it like it was yesterday. Take care of yourself so you can take care of your Dad.

Much love and prayers,
Kristin

justjodi 08-24-2004 08:15 AM

take care ellis, you and your family are in my prayers. (((((((((ellis)))))))))
xoxox
jodi

beachgal 08-24-2004 08:42 AM

Ellis, you know you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers, but especially so now.

Take gentle care of yourself and spend as much time with your fam as you can. Sending lots of strength prayers your way and peace prayers for your dad. :grouphug:

Barb0522 08-24-2004 08:55 AM

Ruth, If you talk to Ellis again, please tell her she has our prayers and she and her father are in our thoughts.

Ellis, If you read this: you have a big hug :grouphug: from me.

jenne1017 08-24-2004 10:36 AM

Ellis -- family comes first -- well blood anyway. Remember we're your family too and are here when you come back and whenever you need us!!!

:grouphug:

ellis 08-24-2004 10:50 AM

You are all such wonderful women. :cry: Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

I've just popped home briefly to clean up. Mom and I slept at the hospital last night. The doctors are pretty sure that Dad's colon has ruptured, so it's a matter of days... could be today... could be as much as four days. :(
He had a wonderful, drugged-up sleep last night, and I was afraid he wasn't going to wake up again, but he was awake this morning, and in quite good spirits. He's very coherent (except, Ruth, when he informed me that the orange juice he was drinking had come all the way from Sparks Street. snort.) We haven't told him what's going on in his body, but he's very ready and happy to go. He was screaming with the pain yesterday morning at home, and my sweet Dad is normally very tolerant of pain, so it must have been terrifying for him. We wanted him to die at home, but this is working out well... we couldn't have cared for him in this state. The hospital he's in (you know it, Ruthie) is wonderful. Everyone is so nurturing, and no one is in a rush. We had a private family room to sleep in, and were given home made afghans to sleep under.
His doctor chatted with us this morning while he made coffee in the kitchen!

Anyhow, I'm heading back to the hospital... I'm hoping that the end comes quickly, for everyone's sake. Our family has been so very blessed.
Thank you again, dear girls... :grouphug:
I hope to be back soon.

fuzzy324 08-24-2004 12:06 PM

Ellis--

The hospital that your dad is at sounds like a very caring place. Savor every moment that you can. Sending prayers for peace for you and your loved ones.

Monica