South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 12:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 256/179/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, girls.

Today is my first day of SB, I'm really excited to be changing my WOE.

Both of my sons are back in school today. I have the house to myself!!!!!!!!!

I'll check back in later...

Rose
Old 08-23-2004, 01:39 PM   #17  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, all!

This is a quick speed-by...I have tons to do today at work! I had a dentist appt. this morning (got a clean bill of health, yippee! ), then a talkative former student showed up and kept us all occupied for an hour and a half. (whew!)

So...off to actual work I go. Hope all is well with everyone and my prayers are with those who need them!

Old 08-23-2004, 01:43 PM   #18  
Conquering with SBD

Default Weekend Survivor

Good morning. I can't believe the number of posts already. I started reading them at 8:30, had to go to a meeting in the meantimer, so I'm ready to type now. If I have missed anyone....special hello to you.

Mama - Sorry to hear about the hand. There is nothing as painful as a burn. Hope it heals quickly and you are able to get back to normal soon. I really am envious of you - not for the burn - but for the spinning talent. I have always wanted to learn, but dare not embark on that too soon. I have soooo much craft stuff stashed that DH would have a fit if I started something else. Have fun collecting the fibre...even just feeling them is so nice.

Ruth - Darn rights...those girls should be spoiled. Where else do you have someone greet you at the door when you get home, shower you with love and kisses and undieing adoration? Hmmm, methinks that you may be spoiled, too.

LC - WTG on the weight loss. You are at least going in the right direction. The amount doesn't matter. You will get to you goal eventually and for that you will be a healthier mom. Congrats...savour the weight loss that you already have and keep on goin'.

cac - Last night is OK. Today if a fresh moment, and as you said you still have 7 days to the end of the month. Get back at it...you can do this.

Jodi - Great that the school shopping is just about done. Now you can breathe a sigh of relief and get back to a normal routine. I find that, when I am under the stress of something non-routine, my eating goes out the window even if I am well planned. Just get back on track today and you will be just fine.

chilichick - I am also starting to venture out with some of the recipes from the cookbook. I find it easier to keep OP if I plan my special off program treats. I think it is easier to get back OP if they are planned ahead - I guess, mentally you are never really getting off program because the treats are planned. In planning them, I also find that I enjoy them more because I am not berating myself with self-talk.

ellis - Have a great day. Take care.

Sheila - Don't get discouraged with your eating. Go back to Phase 1 to rejuvenate, then onward and forward. Everyone falls off the wagon now and again...next time plan in advance, then you head into those tempting times with your eyes wide open and have a plan around the treats that you will actually have. Then, back OP the next day. You can do this.

Barb - WTG on the weight loss. I should be so lucky as to lose weight at that time of month. However, the weight gain always shows up just in time for me to report my monthly weight loss - sooooo frustrating. Have a great week. Sounds like you will need to put some extra ooomph into those running shoes this week. Take care.

Weezle - Don't stress out about the family stuff. It is so discouraging and disappointing to be in the middle of the family issues. Been there, done that. Sounds like Terry's mom is throwing an adult temper tantrum - nothing worse than watching an adult throwing a tempter tantrum. However, always remember to handle these issues with class and dignity - never lower youself to someone else's level. You wil come out the winner every time - after all, haven't you won the guy?

Have to run right now, I will check back in later. Take care everyone.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:50 PM   #19  
RNMOM

Default Quick howdy

Busy day, trying to get back into "real" life. Looking for some good success with recommitment to phase 1!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:55 PM   #20  
Conquering with SBD

I can't believe how busy it is today compared to how slow it has been for the summer. Tomorrow is registration and I have done nothing by stamp out fires most of today. I think most are out now, with the exception of a few. Whew!

cottage - So good to here that you are back on track and starting with Phase 1. In the diet world, there must be an end of summer resolution time as well as the January 1 resolution time. Get back at it, you can do it.

Jenne - Ok, Jenne, today is serious talk time. Let us know what you are going to have for breakfast tomorrow. Enough of those bagels, now. You really do need to lose that 5 pounds. You still have 7 days to the end of August. I'm challenging you to take those pounds of by the end of the month. I know you can do that.

Historychick - What do you mean it is 88 degrees there? It is cold and rainy here. They finally got the air conditioning working in my office, and with the weather outside, it is mighty cold. The temp got up to 16.5 C in my office. I have been shivering all day. BUT, I'm not complaining to the air guy quite yet. We should still have a warm indian summer and I always subscribe to the fact that I can always put clothes on at work, but there are only so many that I can take off.

kvixen - Congrats on the weight loss - uncongrats on the exercise I can really empathize what you are experiencing with the exercise. I have worked at a college for 18 years, hubby was here 10 before that - access to the pool, exercise programs, weight room tracks, etc. - is all free. AND I haven't really taken advantage of much. In spurts now and then but not regularly. I am presently doing a 60 minute power walk at lunch everyday, and hope to get a fitness trainer (they are free in January, too) and start to use the weight room then. Sooooo, the bottom line is, if I can get the bit butt off the chair to exercise, so can you. I know the time is always a factor, but you do need to make time for you. You are improtant, too.

Rose - Congrats on choosing SBD to change your WOE. I wish you great luck and bigger successes. Keep us all posted.

RNMOM - I know you can do this. You were only 2 lbs. from goal. Don't let that slip away from you. When I was on WW, I was 5 pounds from goal and I let it all slip away. I'm not sorry now that I have found SBD, but am worried about you. Catch that gain before it beomes 30 - 40 pounds. That's the voice of experience talking. You CAN do this and you are so close.

Me - Well, it has been interesting to say the least. Our DS decided to take one of the puppies to Ontario to the lake for 2 weeks. Sooo, I had to scamper about to get heart worm for him before he went. We are left with the other puppy. She is OK for now, but I'm sure that the lonliness will set in fairly soon. Our schedules have been turned topsy turvey and she will have difficulty with that, as well.

We have also had some hawks hanging around the house, so I am concerned that they are stalking the pups when they are out in the yard. We have been keeping a very close eye of them while they are there.

Tomorrow is student registration and the place is crazy. I look after parking (the most thankless job on a campus) and found out this morning that the contract for one of our parking lot leases finally went through. It is located a long distance off campus, so I had to arrange busing for students to and from the parking lot. Then arrange sales of permits, etc. etc. What a hassle. However, most of the work is done.

I also realized this morning that I need to start to dress like a lady...summer is over, no more jeans, capri pants and Ts. Back to dresses and pantyhose. What a bother. But I did try on the 'small' clothes that I bought at a secondhand store and most of them fit. Woohoo. It is just like having a new wardrobe to start school. I do have to buy pantyhose on the way home, though...up in the morning to stuff those blasted things on.

I also lost survived the weekend with a .4 pound loss. I have been trying to be good and to continue the weight loss. Another few more pounds and I will be on the home stretch. It will certainly be nice to be that far. I have also been doing aerobic exercise since June, so am getting back into physical shape. The whole thing is starting to feel like an entire package. I have my annual medical at the end of September, so I am hoping to be at goal before then. Mr dr. won't be giving me any hassles this time.

Hope everyone has a great evening. I am running really late today. I may not be able to pop in for the next few days - having router probs at home and won't have time at work - so keep OP. I will be back in a few days. Take care everyone.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:14 PM   #21  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi chicks just checking in before bed I am so tired I can't even think. I manged to get through day 1 of phase 2. Although I did have 2 sugar free puddings and one slice of low carb bread. After eating the bread I relised I didn't even miss it. Well thanks to all the well wishes and congrats. Love ya chicks. Talk to ya in the morning.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:33 PM   #22  

hello everyone,
wow it has been super busy in here today. so nice to see everyone posting in the daily. well it was a typical monday for me, slow moving and no real good plan but tomorrow will be different. i am no longer feeling sorry for myself which is a good thing!!!

hi sweet tooth sounds like back to school is crazy for you!!! hang in there!! we'll miss you while you are gone. don't work too hard!!

i'm here with you RNMOM we can recommit together!!!

laurie- good for you with a good dentist appt!! have a great day!!!

rosewaddles hi nice to meet you!!! welcome!!!

kvixen hope you have a great day!!! i have exercise / time issues too. it makes it tough. keep trying!!!

history chick hello there!!!

jenne1071 good for you taking back the "too big suit" hope you got all your errands done. have a great trip if i dont get to talk to you before you leave!!!

cottage put that delicious sounding vaca behind you "humbleberry pie??" time to start fresh!!! great job going to curves this morning!!

weezle sorry to hear about all the party leftovers. i hate it when they rsvp and then have the nerve not to show. word of advice, get terri's mom over to your team. heather sounds like a "bad thing"

barb great job!!! keep up the great work!!!

shequila hope you get feeling better soon!!

ellis great job with the new sticky!!! i guess the hair color thing is a sign of the times, they try so hard to be their own person. i'll do just about anything to foster that too it seems to give so much confidence to them. (well at least when the color comes out right) BTW you described your dd's dress the other day the kids around here call that goth i think anyway there is a great store down here called Hot topic they have some of the coolest stuff not sure if they are on line or not i'll take a look and let you know.

hi chilichick nice to see you again!!

well i got all my errands done and have a little time to sit here and do nothing!! for a change. i think i'll go plan out my day tomorrow. have a great night everyone!!
Old 08-23-2004, 09:46 PM   #23  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hey all, it's been a crazy day around here. I woke up at 5 am but could not bring myself to actually get out of bed, so I laid there for 3 hours watching t.v. and trying to snooze on commercials.

I finally got out of bed and got ready to go in to work. We have to go in (at our leisure) and drive our routes 3x's this week. Well I get there and not only does my bus have cobwebs all over it but the darn thing was broken, so I had to wait 45 min for the tech to fix it and then it took about 2 to drive my route.

Other than that I've just been cleaning house. DBF's kids went home to their mothers house after being here for the last 6 weeks, during that time it had been pointless to really clean because they would just turn around and trash it 5 min later. It took my the full time that they were here but I am happy to say that we've made progress as they now clearly understand that Emily does not like to live in a pigsty. *ahem* it says alot about how they live at their mom's house.

Anyhoo, I've been OP. Can't wait until payday though we are out of a lot of things and it is getting harder to stay on track. It just means I am getting more creative about my meals.

Must go for now but I will chat later, DD wants some snuggle time.
Closed Thread