South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 08:15 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default It's the weekend, girls!!

Hey, darlin's. How is everyone?
Just popping over to sit with Dad while Mom goes out for awhile.
Back later...

BTW, there is no need to point out your 40 medals to our 2. Anyone watching the Olympics? That swimmer of yours (can't remember his name) is amazing!
Old 08-21-2004, 08:25 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, babes on the Beach.
I finally have a whole free day with no committments! I'm going to take a long soak in the tub with a book and a coffee. What's on your schedule today?
Hug your Dad for me, ellis.
Back later.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:28 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning Ellis hope you enjoy your dad time.

I am feeling rather depressed this morning,(I know I have beening whinning about this for the last few days, but you guys are the only ones who will listen) no weight loss again this the 6th day of the second week of P1 and I have stalled. I know I have to be patient but I don't wanna. (whine whine) Alright know that I have that out of my system.
What do all you chicks have planned for this wonderful week-end. For me it is shopping with my oldest dd a little mother daughter time. And housework and laundry. I know don't fall off you computer chairs while reading the all about LC's exciting week end. I will try to keep the details to a minimum. Well I am off to read the other posts before I pick up my broom and dusting rag. Have a great Saturday.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:29 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

Morning Ruth we posted together. Enjoy your day sounds relaxing.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:41 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Well, I feel much better today. Went to bed about 10 and got up about 8:30. Guess I just needed to sleep it off. Running late since I slept in, so talk to you all later. Have a fabulous Saturday!
Old 08-21-2004, 10:12 AM   #6  

Whew! It just took me over 45 minutes (with interupptions, of course) to catch up on the daily posts from this week!

Ruth I am thinking of you and praying for Harry. That has got to be so hard for you. Know that we love you and are here for you!

LC Your weekend sounds as exciting as mine. I didn't do a bit of housework last weekend, so now I have a ton of cleaning and laundry to do. UGH!!

Barb Congrats on your 40 pound loss! That is fantastic! Glad to hear that Brian's first few days of school went well.

Laurie Kick my butt into gear on the exercise! You are doing great- I have done nothing in the past few weeks. School is still good- I am worn out by Friday though, let me tell ya!

Waving hello to everyone else- I have been sitting in this computer chair ignoring DD for too long!

I am back to Phase 1 for the weekend to get myself back together. Not good, my friends.......
Old 08-21-2004, 10:30 AM   #7  

Morning, everyone! I don't have too much planned today either. I'm taking one cat in for her shots and I need to get some produce at the grocery store. I also need to to finish up laundry, weeding, and sewing the last patch on my cub scout uniform. I might make it up to the city pool since it looks like it will be a warm day. I'm thinking of dragging out my bike and going for a ride. I really haven't ridden it since we bought it years ago.

Kiko- Good to see you back!
Old 08-21-2004, 11:39 AM   #8  
RNMOM

Default Hi all..

You all sound like you're doing the typical weekend things.

Ellis give dad a love.

Barb, sorry about taking a cat to the vet. All I can envision are claws and yowls. My turn is coming up, we have two kittens that need to have their "tonsils" out.

Little Chick, you aren't whining. I'd feel that way two if I'd have phased 1 without great scale happiness.

Ruth, just don't answer the phone and you'll keep your day to yourself!

Kiko, good luck with phase 1 for the weekend! Do some situps for me too K?

Weezle, hopefully the sleepin did you some good. I love Saturdays for that.

My daughters and I are off to Jackson Hole for a Highland Festival. Sounds like a riot. I love bagpipes! Jackson is a pretty place too.

Decided to "enjoy" the day and start phase 1 tomorrow. My daughter leaves for Texas tomorrow and I'll have an empty nest again. Well, except for the permanent residents, 21 year old that just got home from Japan, 18 year old ds that's just graduated and 13 dd that has a phone hanging from her ear 24/7. Anyway, tomorrow will be as normal as I'm going to get so I need to readjust my mind and get back to this!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:25 PM   #9  

RNMom Enjoy your day! With as consistent as you have been prior to this past week, you will drop the weight quickly. Glad you are having fun with your kiddos and grandkiddos.

Ellis With the exception of last night, I have been up until alomost 11:00 every night watching the Olympics. (I usually am in bed by 9:00 or so, so this is late for me!)

We just took a walk to the local playground and climbed around for a bit. It is warming up out there pretty quickly! I feel fat and bloated, haven't felt this bad in a long time. Glad I am nipping it quickly before it becomes weeks of being off program.

We are heading to my mom's for dinner- Chicken Capri and steamed green beans. She is getting back into SBD, so she was thrilled when I offered to cook dinner!
Old 08-21-2004, 02:58 PM   #10  
Ready to Change

Back from shopping. YEAH supplies are all bought. With the exception of whatever they will be asked to buy the first day of school. #1 dd is very excited she is a senior in middle school this year. She is sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor organizing all her binders and pens, pencils etc. We had a great mom and daughter day. Got the supplies, some make up for her and paint for my bedroom floor and walls. Had a nice lunch at Wendys I had a taco salad ( which I did not finish) and I did not even sniff her fries. Then we went to the Grocery store and picked up some veggies and some sf/ff fudgeicles. She was quite interested in the fact that I was reading all the labels and wanted to know why I was comparing products, so I gave her a nice little lesson in healthy eating and she didn't feel like I was nagging her. She was telling me how poorly her cousin ate and how she did not like fruits and veggies. I got to explain to her why I want her and her sister to eat healthy I think it sunk in. What a great day we had. Well I must go and do something in the line of housework which I did not do before we went out. A woman's work is never done.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:27 PM   #11  

Hey, girls!

Ruth, a long tub with a book and a coffee sounds divine. I wish I could lie in the bath for more than five minutes without someone banging on the door or falling down the stairs or screaming in the backyard or ringing the doorbell ... But then, you deserve it so much more than I do, so I hope you enjoyed it.

My goodness... my psychiatrist has been on vacation for almost four weeks. Until this week, I was thinking, "Hey! I'm doing really well! Maybe I won't need too many more sessions!" Well, I think I'm losin' it this week. I'm sitting here giggling hysterically. heh heh. Yes. I'm definitely losing it.

Little Chick, you know you can always whinge to us, sweetie. We'll still love you.
It sounds like you had a wonderful day with your daughter. You obviously have a good relationship with her.

Karen, I hope you're having a good time with your Mom! I'm with you... I've been eating badly for a couple of days, and I feel VERY bloated and uncomfortable. Let's get back on track!

Weezle, I hope you've caught up on your sleep!

RNMom, enjoy your "back to normal" life tomorrow! You deserve a break, my dear!
Everyone back on Phase I tomorrow?

Barb, did you get your bike out? My DH is an avid biker, and I have a nice road bike. I just don't like the image I see in my head of my big butt on the seat.

I've just been coerced into seeing the new Exorcist movie this evening with my DD and her friend. Actually, I'm really dying to see it, too.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:40 PM   #12  
Ready to Change

Ellis I can't imagine watching that movie. I am the biggest chicken sh*t there was. I am a sappy love story which makes you cry movie girl. Enjoy the movie. Are you really going to watch it without a bag over your head.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:43 PM   #13  

Darling, I'm going to watch it with a bag IN MY LAP! Phase I starts on Monday. I'm having popcorn!!
What's your favourite sappy movie?
Old 08-21-2004, 06:46 PM   #14  
Ready to Change

Ghost has to one of my fav's. I cry everytime I watch it. But I also cried at Free Willy and the Lion King.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:57 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
Hey, girls!

Barb, did you get your bike out? My DH is an avid biker, and I have a nice road bike. I just don't like the image I see in my head of my big butt on the seat.
No, I never did get the bike out. I need DH to unbury it from the corner of the garage and he was busy helping with parts that had come of Brian's scooter. Instead I took a couple of very long walks where Brian got to practice with his scooter. We also ran into a neighbor at the park and ended up spending a long time there so I didn't get much done.

Chicken Capri and cabbage/red onion is ready so I better go eat!
Closed Thread