South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 12:06 AM   #1  

Default Weird question about yogurt...

I have always hated yogurt because it has a weird taste to me (sour kinda thing). But i do enjoy frozen yogurt (the real kind). So while i was in sweden i tried their yogurt and it tasted much more like frozen yogurt then "real" yogurt back in Canada. so now i'm wondering if there are any good yogurt brands that don't taste so "yogurty" if that makes sense. i think its that real sour taste in real yogurt that makes me gag, so does anyone know of a more neutral tasting yogurt?

thanks!
Old 08-18-2004, 07:29 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

You might see if you can get some Brown Cow brand. I know it's made in California, but I can get it at Whole Foods here in Atlanta. They make a low fat version as well as the cream top. If you buy plain, you can sweeten it with Splenda.

My daughter, who is also very persnickety about the way food tastes, says she likes the Yoplait ultra. It's sugar free, supposedly has a great taste and texture.

Mamacita
Old 08-18-2004, 08:46 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm in Canada too and always buy Astro - the fat free artificially sweetened one. I'm sure you can get it in Oakville. I don't think I've ever seen Brown Cow brand.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:49 AM   #4  

Yogurt is supposed to taste sour - it's fermented milk. I make my own and find it less "sour" because I ferment it less. There's also those chemicals in store bought that contribute to the weird taste.
Closed Thread