South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 01:32 PM   #16  
RNMOM

Default Hello everyone!

Way too many posts to keep up with today! You all sound busy and happy....except you sinus people...ughhh I feel your misery. They are cutting grain around here and I'm stuffed up.

We're having a great time with the family. I've enjoyed a week and a half off work! Yippee. I love that. We're going to my mothers to have a lunch with them and then family pictures! The family photos we've had have been outdated. Another baby now! Hopefully no one will be prego for awhile.

Have a big family do on Sunday. My oldest son is blessing their baby and my middle son is speaking in church about Japan and my youngest son is getting his Eagle Scout award that evening. Full day. Lots of food................

Hope you all take care over the weekend! Thanks for everything, you're advice is priceless. So is your humor!
Old 08-13-2004, 02:17 PM   #17  

Height: 5'-2"

Cheez, RNMom... your mother is DEEP FRYING a TURKEY!?!? Is that some American dish I've never heard of!?
Wrap some duct tape right around your head, and keep your hands off the food, girl!!

Thanks, LaurieX, I'm looking forward to the weekend.
Dad doesn't produce red blood cells anymore (nothing to do with his terminal cancer), so he's had to have monthly transfusions for the past year or so.
I love the rainy/cool weather, too. It means I don't have to do yard work right now, and I'm getting the basement cleared out.
Enjoy your Mexican food, and try to stay OP, sweetie!
Old 08-13-2004, 02:24 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieX
Looking forward to some down time with DD, but what do you do to entertain an 18 month old for a whole weekend indoors. DH just took her out and let her play in the rain last night, which I did not approve of.

I think Smilin' Twins suggested in a previous thread that skinny panties are even better than skinny pants, and she's right!
Why yes, it was me about the panties. Isn't it FAB? I hope DH loves them... :giggle:

And 18mo indoors for a whole weekend? I would build a fort. The interest will be passing on and off all weekend, but a sheet over some kitchen chairs, a pillow, some legos, maybe a special crayon art project and you have some time spent! At least that is my plan for TWO 18mo indoors!!
Old 08-13-2004, 05:46 PM   #19  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, everyone's posting in the daily! That's great! :

I'm back from the conference...wish I had the time to post to everyone, but know that I read and am sending prayers and vibes to all that need them (especially Jen and your DD), and lots of laughs and hugs as well.

I was at a conference and was able to meet up with two of the Mods, Meg and Jack150. They are both fabulous people, and it was so super nice to have people IRL who "get" what I am going through! If you get the chance to meet up with another 3FCer, go for it, I say!

Jen, my dear girlfriend, Ange, has a rare kidney disorder. Her brother has it as well, and recently had a transplant from his mom. Ange's donor is her sister, and thankfully, she hasn't needed the transplant yet. What I'm trying to say is that after Ange's transplant, there will be four people walking around with only one kidney! And they will all be very healthy. I'm sure your daughter will be even more healthy. But I know that you need time to mourn the loss of the health that you thought she would be experiencing. Know that it had nothing to do with anything you did or didn't do. It just happened. You can't control that, but you can control what you do to enhance her health from now on, and I know you'll continue doing that very well.

I hope everyone is feeling more healthy! At least you can cuddle under a nice quilt in your jammies in this weather. I hate being sick in the summer, usually...it's too hot to lie in bed! Not this summer... Our weatherman keeps calling it "the summer that wasn't"

I shouldn't complain much as the sun is currently shining, which is a plus! I am totally looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow, but also need to do a bunch of gardening. The garden is completely out of hand!

About the question regarding low carb flour with the cheesecake (Peggy, was that you?), try using whole wheat flour instead. Should work fine with none of those evil frankenfoods. I'm interested in trying to make an SBD cheesecake...thought I would try working with this recipe as a base:http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._27009,00.html (instead of key lime, using the syrups, maybe chocolate pudding or peanut butter...make the crust with nuts and SBD friendly margerine...hmmmm...)
Old 08-13-2004, 07:57 PM   #20  
I vant to draw your blood

Hey everyone!

Sorry I missed you this morning, Hello to everyone I was under the gun again with my pages for my writing partner BTW, she LOVED last week's chapter, so I must work well under pressure.

Sinuses have eased off now that the barometer has gone up again..and thanks to a little pseudophed. Wasn't able to get a Friday appt with the doc, so I'll have to wait til next week. I'd like to step on his scale and have it read a few pound lighter anyway.

And speaking of...I'm so danged proud of myself...I've been so OP lately and it feels great. But, like someone else mentioned, I'm not getting enough veggies. Did terrif today, though...had shredded wheat for breakfast, a protein shake for snack, cottage cheese and peaches w/ Splenda for lunch and a small lean steak and spinach for dinner.

Ellis, my dad had myleodysplastic anemia and pancytopenia. Basically, his bones stopped producing the normal # of blood cells and the ones he did produce were abnormal. Glad to hear the blood transfusions are working for your dad. Have the docs tried Procrit as well? I've heard that helps encourage the marrow to produce RBC's.

the deep-fried turkey is a "southern thang"...very tasty, actually, but since most cooks use peanut oil, I'm not allowed to indulge. Basically, you plunge a whole turkey down in a 10 gallon vat of boiling hot oil, let it bubble away for the prescribed amount of time and voila--deep fried turkey. IMO, the skin has pretty much the same texture as a roasted turkey, except you don't have any soggy spots...it's all crispy.

Well, gotta go get busy knitting. I've gotten a "commission" to knit a chemo cap. I'd like to have it done by Monday or Tuesday.

HAGN~~~

Mamacita
Old 08-13-2004, 08:13 PM   #21  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Mamacita... your Dad had it, too! It's so uncommon that people are constantly (and very kindly, I'm sure) offering advice like, "Maybe he should eat more red meat. Or take iron suppliments."
Yes, he was given Procrit for the first time a couple of months ago. It's terribly expensive... about $2000 a shot. It did give him a boost, though. His blood count was high enough that he was able to skip last months transfusion.
Congratulations on being OP for so long! I'm with you... just can't get enough vegetables in. If someone would make me a big yummy casserole, I'd eat them...

Welcome back, Laurie! So glad you had fun with Jack and Meg!!
Closed Thread