South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 11:17 PM   #1  
RNMOM

Default Throw me a lifeline!!!!!

Ok! I took a "day off" and I'm way stressed right now. All my kids are here, my son got home from Japan yesterday afternoon and we've been having a great time. I feel like today I'm sinking bad! I made my older son some toll house cookies. I've probably had 7-8 of them! After 8 months of being strict and towing the line I realized that maybe I'm not in control of my addiction.

Anyway, I'm not really beating myself up, I'm just really trying to decide if I dare take a day off. Tomorrow I'm going to phase 1 for a few days to detox. I hope I haven't blown all my hard work!

A little advice ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 08-12-2004, 11:31 PM   #2  

Don't give up. One day off isn't a complete abandonment of the program. I think you're right to go to Phase I to step back to fundamentals and focus on the plan again.

Don't beat yourself up about a day or even two. Food is so integral to our lives - our traditions, memories, celebrations - that we can't just ignore those special foods and their related special moments any more than we can ignore favourite photos, mementos, songs etc. The key is to see it for what it was - a celebration of your son's return with something you enjoyed together in the past. Then dust off the crumbs and step back into your present day life.

Hope that makes sense and helps a bit.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:03 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

1 or 2 days won't undo all your hard work, just recognize it as not being part of your plan, accept it and get back to your plan. Don't beat yourself up over it.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good advice, and I agree. I took a day or two off while I was at the shore, and although I felt really guilty afterwards, I found it didn't really hurt me much. A few days on Phase 1 and I was back on track. Just don't overdo it.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:32 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

The key I think is to allow yourself to do it. But remember to keep it at just a few days, and then get back on track. Or just try to make OP things even for your son. And you are right we are addicts and just like addicts that use drugs or alchol taking a day off should not really happen because one leads to another and another and another. That is kind of a strong thought but you have done wonderful with your weight loss and only you will know how your body will react to what you put in it. One or two cookies are a nice treat but it is having the willpower to stop after your little treat. Sorry about rambling on. Enjoy your visit with your family.
Old 08-13-2004, 08:37 AM   #6  

hang in there RNMOM enjoy your visit with the family you have done great so far!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 09:44 AM   #7  

I think the number ONE key to maintaining your success is allowing yourself a day like you had. Let's break it down...normal people (meaning those who do not struggle with their weight or don't have a food addiction) will have a binge here or there. A day of nothing but chips and dip. A day with a few too many beers. But the golden nugget for them is that is was just a day.

Be careful not to go back and do too strict a P1 while your family is here. Enjoy yourself. Don't overdo but enjoy. You have earned it.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:50 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

RNMom, you're going to be okay. You're intelligent, you know how to do this plan, and you know what's right for your body.
Get out the celery sticks and the peanut butter (or whatever), and sit down with your son and enjoy his company. I'm sure he cares very much about your health, and you can have just as much fun without those cookies.
Hang in there, sweetie!
Old 08-13-2004, 09:51 AM   #9  

I agree with what everyone else said. Please don't forget that you are HUMAN!
Old 08-13-2004, 09:56 AM   #10  

Default It's okay

Sweetie, we all have our days. (Ok with me it's more like months) Like Ruth told me, this is a lifestyle- you are going to eat dessert that you shouldn't every once and awhile. You know that you can become a bit stricter with your eating habits to "undo" any damage. Do not beat yourself up over a few cookies. My one doughnut doubled yesterday- but I enjoyed it for what it was, a treat. Whereas, a few months ago it was a daily occurance. We're here for you.

Last edited by VTprop; 08-13-2004 at 09:57 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-13-2004, 10:00 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

All good lifelines, RNMOM. You know you can get back on track so stop flagellating yourself and get out the celery and peanut butter or hummus. You are going to be at goal soon - this is just a small detour en route!
Old 08-13-2004, 12:14 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis
... sit down with your son and enjoy his company. I'm sure he cares very much about your health, and you can have just as much fun without those cookies.
RNMom, Ellis is totally right. You are falling back on old habits because this is a stressful situation (good stress, but still stressful). You know how to work SBD, and you can get back on track starting right now! You can do this, girl! I know you can! You just enjoy the pleasures of your children being home without thinking that these foods have to be part of it! You have learned in the past 8 months all about the pleasures of life that have nothing to do with food, and you know how to enjoy them! Share some of your new SBD favorites with your son and if he really wants the cookies, put them in a tupperware or tin and ask him to keep them in his room and enjoy them there or away from you. Don't bake for him if it sets you off. Instead, teach him how to make them or ask someone else to help you out. You can get through this. Your health and happiness is much more important to your son than his getting cookies, I'm sure!

Lots of love and encouragement heading your way, RNMom...you have a lot to celebrate today! :
Old 08-13-2004, 01:23 PM   #13  
RNMOM

Red face You are all wonderful!

I feel better today. Tanking up on water and had a good SB breakfast. Going to my mothers today. She's deep fat frying a turkey....whatever! She's been trying to sabatoge me all along....but that's a session for a therapist......I do have issues.

Anyway, I'm not feeling like I'm craving sweets, I was worried about that. I'm taking time a couple of times a day to hit this site. You are inspiring!
Closed Thread