South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 06:48 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday Beach Chat 08/12

Morning~~

I'm a grumpy chick this morning. That sinus thing came back to whomp on me last night. Couldn't sleep for the pain and pressure (the barometer dropped quite a bit, too and that didn't help). I'm thinking I have a full blown sinus infection and will be calling the doctor today.

One thing that DID cheer me up a bit...The Red Tide arrived this morning and I didn't gain an ounce waiting for its arrival!

Today, I'm starting back on Phase I for a week...just to see if I can shake things up a bit.

Breakfast is a lowcarb/lowfat protein shake and two eggs.

Lunch: lowfat cottage cheese and a salad.

Dinner: skinless chicken breast and saute'd spinach.

Water goal is 80 oz.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 08-12-2004, 06:49 AM   #2  

Morning Mama!

Sneaking in for a quick post- everyone have a super day!

Old 08-12-2004, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning Mamacita and you other sleepyheads,

I hope your sinus problems ease up, Mama, my DH suffers from it,too. He can get pretty miserable to be around when it's bad.
I've got to do some grocery shopping today for some things that are easy for Jake to cook while I'm away. And I have laundry to do, too, because I know he won't do it. I'll probably come home to a huge pile waiting for me. I'm leaving for my daughter's early tomorrow and we're taking off from there. They are calling for heavy rains, so that should be an adventure driving in!
I've been doing pretty good on Phase 1 this week. I don't know what we'll be eating on vacation, but I plan on eating as healthy as I can. We want to go to Montreal one day, though, and we hear it's a real mecca for eating.
Last night's supper was a Salmon Ceaser Salad, and for tonight's I have some peppers I haave to use up, so I'll probably make a stirfry of some sort with them.
Gotta run, see you all later!
Old 08-12-2004, 07:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Kiko!
Old 08-12-2004, 07:53 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

Mamacita, so sorry about the sinus thingie. PLease be sure to call the doc today. I know how easy it is to put stuff like that aside.

Cottage, enjoy your vacation and definitely DO try to get to Montreal. It is one of my very favourite cities. Of course, DH is from there so I'm a bit prejudiced.

Kiko, quick wave and thanks for starting us up the past few days. Life for me sometimes gets into gear too fast for me to post in here when I first get up.

I hate to start the day crabbing but I'm fed up with wet weather! There, I'm done.

I'm in a dilemma, chickies. My DH got weighed yesterday and has LOST weight (7 pounds) in the past three months. I think he is picking up on my choosing lighter foods! He is down to 128 which is not good for 5'9" - should be 150 or so! I am going to have to add in some high calorie foods to our menues. He is diabetic so it can't be baking. I may have to buy the dreaded Frankenfoods for him! I also will need to switch to full-fat milk and cheese - not for me, for Harry. Another frassing bump on the highway of life! Geez! I guess I really wasn't done crabbing.

I've got an 8:30 meeting so I'm outta here!
Old 08-12-2004, 07:55 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies just a quick post as the kids are already wanting the puter to play games. I am doing great I have 3 days in totally OP phase 1. Although the headache is going I have been feeling a little sluggish. I have decided that I am going to go back out into the real world and get a job. I have been sending resumes and already have had to calls although I won't be doing any follow up with those ones they are not for me. One is shift work at a call center and I don't want to give up my week-ends and the other required traveling and was totally commision based. I am sure the perfect job is out there for me and I am really not in a hurry. I am just feeling like it is time to go back out there. I said I would stay home til my youngest went to school and she did that 6 years ago. I really love the kids that I look after but I am feeling it is time. Well now that I rambled on about that I hope everyone has a great OP day. Mama I am sending hugs your way hope you are feeling better have you tried Advil cold and sinus they are the only thing that works for me. Cottage have a great trip. Morning Kiko. Well I will try to check in again later if I can find the time. Jodi get your butt back on track girl and my mother had the same thing happen to her with Prozac. Ellis the tea pot is on. Come on over ( don't worry there will be no sex going on. too many wee ones around.) Well I do have to go before I start rambling again. A Big hug and hello to Ruth as well hope Harry made out alright at the vampires yesterday and that you did alright at the pot luck. See ya chickies.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:31 AM   #7  

good morning everyone,
i thought i would post first thing this morning just in case i can't find the time later. well my dd is with her aunt on a plane to philadelphia as we speak, it was a spur of the moment trip my sister has no children of her own and has the luxury of just taking off when the mood strikes her. she called me tuesday night and asked if she could take my dd with her i couldn't say no. luckily dd is old enough to pack and get her own things ready because i just didn't have the time this week. they should have a good time they'll be back on sunday night. i packed a lunch today for myself at work this is something i have not been doing lately and i have been really down on myself about it so i am feeling so far so good today.

ruth- maybe you could get one of those supplement drink things for harry (ensure is a brand that comes to mind) not sure if it is available in canada. my grandma drinks one with every meal since she has a hard time eating reg. foods these days. good luck finding what works for him.

little chick- good luck on the job hunt!!! although i constantly crab about my job i really enjoy getting out and working away from home.

morning kiko

mama hope you get feeling better soon i had a sneezing attack on the way to work this morning sinuses are a pain in the butt.
to everyone else yet to post have a great day!!!
Old 08-12-2004, 08:57 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, yeah... get an appointment right away, Mamacita. Before the pain gets too bad. Hugs for you, sweetie.

Hi Karen! Are you rushing around this morning?

Cottage, enjoy your holiday! (what is this... your second or third? ) Montreal is a beautiful city, and so much fun!

Oh, Ruth... I'm sorry about Harry. What about some of those Ensure drinks?
The sun is sort of out... I'll try to head it down your way.

Little Chick, I think your idea is a good one. I'll be saying prayers for you for just the right job. Don't settle for just any old job... you're a very special person with a lot to offer.

Oh. Jodi. You mentioned Ensure, too. Sorry... I'm reading down as I'm writing...
I'm sure your daughter will have a great time with your sister. My sister doesn't have children, either. She thinks she's the fairy godmother.
I hope you're feeling okay today, hon. Do you need a kick or a hug?

Jen, big hugs for you and DD today. Come and chat if you feel up to it.

Now for my big news! This moderator, who hasn't been OP for more than four hours straight since, ummmm, around January, stayed OP ALL DAY YESTERDAY!! I'm pretty much fading away.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:16 AM   #9  

Morning chickies!!

Just a quick thank you post and hello. I got nothing done at work yesterday (hmmmm, imagine that!) and am now very far behind. I guess keeping busy will serve as a distraction today.

Ruth - I would also recommend an Ensure shake a day. With my dad, I mix in a scoop of ice cream and a dash of cinnamon and it makes it more shake like and less of a drink. The high protein version has the most calories I believe.

Off to work. Sticking OP, this is going to be my silver lining this week.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:51 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the hints about Ensure, Chickies. I will have to check out the contents - I amhoping there is a sugar-free version.

I had the weirdest time at the store this morning checking out stuff for the highest calorie version! I did discover sugar-free cookies and sugar-free pie which may be an option for desserts along with sugar-free ice cream. I guess at 83, Harry can afford to eat some Frankenfood!

Little Chick, looking after children is a wonderful thing to do BUT it may be time to expand those horizons. Good luck but rely on skill. The perfect job will come along.

Jodi, how nice that your DD and her aunt are pals! Enjoy the time she is away and do something nice just for you!

Jen, thinking of you a lot. At least there was one silver lining for the week - in the making, anyhow.

Ellis! OP a whole day? Did you get your mouth sutured shut or did the nickel just drop? Aside from the wings the other noon, I've been OP too. Maybe we are sending each other vibes?

I have to go and figure out how to make an 1830 gentleman's necktie or cravate! i refuse to buy patterns for stuff like that as they are way overpriced! Luckily, I have a top hat, jacket and shirt from the Mill's museum collection.

Have a great day!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:04 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Thanks for the hints about Ensure, Chickies. I will have to check out the contents - I amhoping there is a sugar-free version.
Ruth, I know there is a sugar free version. Might be sold under a different brand name. But I have seen the cans at my dad's nursing home. For the life of me, I can't remember the brand name though. You might have to order it online or something. It will come to me...
Old 08-12-2004, 10:05 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

This is cool, Ruth. Not that you have time for it.
http://www.denverfabrics.com/pages/s...g-patterns.htm
Did you know that ties originated in Croatia? Did you care?
Yeah, by the time we meet for dim sum, we'll each have lost the exact amount we'll be putting back on that day.

Jen, hang in there, girl!
Old 08-12-2004, 10:08 AM   #13  

Ruth - it came to me!! http://www.glucerna.com/
Old 08-12-2004, 10:43 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Holy crap. I slept until 9:05!!! Why didn't any of you wake me? Terry slept straight through, too. Neither of us could sleep last night (I had horrible cramps, and he had to listen to me whine all night) so it was nearly midnight before we fell asleep, but wow. Neither of us usually sleep straight through. I typically wake up around 5:30 or 6, use the restroom, and then sleep until a little after 8 (since I'm on vacation.) Sheesh, I'll NEVER sleep tonight.

I am another one who has Aunt Flo visiting and didn't gain anything. It's amazing, though, as I was a bloated cow yesterday. I feel much better today, though. I drank a lot of water and tea, so hopefully all the water is out now.

So I'm officially signed up for Party Lite now. I got my manual and everything last night at the business meeting. Molly is doing a show at my house on the 22nd. Anyone wanna come? After the meeting, Molly and I went to the Gap (she has a discount there as she works for Old Navy and it's the same company) and I wear a size 10 now!!! WAHOO! And that was bloated, even! I needed a new pair of pants for work, since my others drag on the ground because of the weight loss. It's very exciting for me. Plus, I got 30% off since Molly bought them. So not only do I have a pair of size 10 pants, I have a pair of size 10 GAP pants! Very exciting!

Well, I should get to breakfast.....starting to get a bit hungry. Hope you all have a good day.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:13 AM   #15  
cac

Hi everyone,

The weather here sucks. I got in my run this morning (4.5 miles) befoer the rain started. Now it looks like it is clearing up.

Hope everyone has a nice day,
cac
Closed Thread