South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 07:07 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF - Chat for Friday, May 6

Starting us up. Have some admin stuff to do and will be back.
It's an absolutely gorgeous day and I have about 72 hours of garden jobs lined up. Sarah comes at 9. I sure wish I could find someone who wants to start at 9! I intend to have her clean off my front porch so Rob and John can put out the wicker furniture this weekend. It looks like we are finally going to get Spring weather and I want a nice outdoor place to sit and rest my bones.

My sin with the carrot cake showed up as 2.5 pounds UP this morning! What's with that? I imagine it's water retention because I drank a lot yesterday and did not pee from noon until 5 PM. I must have camel genes!

Gotta get cracking and get Harry cranked up for the day. He is making noises about a Library trip this afternoon so I'd better make good use of my morning.

Check in and chat a bit.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:31 AM   #2  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Mornin' Ruth! Mornin' chickies! TGIF!!! So, what is everyones plans for this weekend/Mother's Day? Depending on the weather, I think we're gonna either have a bar-b-que or a picnic and take the kids to the zoo or park. I'm longing to get the family outside on a nice day and do something fun. Ya'll will have to share your ideas for the weekend. I'm hoping tonight or tommorrow to rent a carpet shampooer and get busy! My carpets are horendous(sp?) They've been here since the home was built (1992) and are in desperate need of replacing! I moved in in 1999. Between the wear and tear of the previous owners dog, my family, and my daycare kids.......Whew!!! Can we say P-I-T-I-F-U-L? My dh is sick of hearing me say...new carpet,new carpet,NEW CARPET!!!!! All the while he keeps saying NEW WORK TRUCK........ETC!!! Anywho, just wanted to drop in real quick this morning. I've got alot to do today. No, this day isn't much different than any other day for me! LOL!!! Have a wonderful OP day girls! Tara
Old 05-06-2005, 07:35 AM   #3  
Tina

Happy TGIF chicks!!

Ruth...camal genes!

Today is my DS mothers day tea in his 1st grade class...so I'll be hitting that...then DH and I are going out for dinner this evening (I foresee a plain grilled chicken breast in my near future ) with three other couples, so that should be fun! We're having some new carpeting laid on our stairway and landings upstairs tomorrow...and just a busy mothers day weekend ahead with lots of visiting... ....and the dreaded cookouts!!

I wish all of the mothers here a wonderful, relaxing and safe Mothers Day...may you be surrounded with those you love...and have the willpower to turn away those BBQ items and chocolate cake!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:44 AM   #4  
Darrell's Girl

Good morning, Chicklets! Well, today is Friday - YAY! I had an easy week because I was off Monday through Wednesday moving... went to work yesterday and today and now i'll have the weekend to finish unpacking.

I hope you all have a fabulous day! I'll be back on to check in with ya'll later, but right now it is off to work for me

Hugs!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #5  
Workin' it!!

Good morning all!!

Ruth - I'm thinking about starting a little garden, so I may have to visit the gardening thread and pull some advise from wise ones such as yourself. I'm glad you're having good weather now.

tar675 - A picnic sounds like a good idea! I haven't had an old fashioned picnic in a long time. I saw a cute basket with the plates/cups/utensils the other day - I might have to go back and get it now.

twiceblessed - Hopefully you'll find some time to rest and enjoy Mothers Day weekend... but new carpet will be nice!

marinetubamom - I don't know about you, but I hate moving! I've moved 9 times in the past 7 years... I'll be happy if I don't ever have to move again! My last move was from a 3rd floor apartment, I'll never make that mistake again!!

Personally, I'm very happy that it's Friday. My co-workers have really been grating on my nerves this week and I am ready for the two day break away from them! We're going out Sunday to dinner to celebrate Mothers Day for my DBF's mom. Thankfully we're going to a nice steakhouse, so I should be able to get either some salmon or grilled chicken and good veggies. I'll celebrate with my mom by calling her on the phone and then when I go up to Kentucky to visit at the end of the month, I'll take her a gift then. I'm thinking that I might have to surprise visit her one year for Mothers Day... I bet that would be a wonderful gift!!

I worked out hard on my legs yesterday, yet they aren't sore this morning. I'm worried that they will be sore tomorrow, when I plan to do some more walking. I won't let it discourage me if they are though - I'll just work through the pain!!

So... only 6 hours and 42 minutes left in the workday...
Old 05-06-2005, 09:29 AM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning everyone!

Bami - thank Brittany for checking in last night. Glad to hear everything went well.

I didn't get up early and exercise - no big surprise there! I hate getting up early. I've decided to exercise both Sat and Sun because there is no way to get it done today. Just too busy. I do have an outfit on today that I bought last year and it didn't fit. Today it fits fine. Yeah! I'm fighting terrible PMS - probably brought on by the carb fest at the first communion party - and I'm having problems controlling cravings. I've stayed OP but it has been difficult.

This weekend is DS's weekend with the X - so I'm going to dinner with friends tonight. I have to plant tomatoes and beans on Saturday and then DS will be home about noon on Sunday. Not sure what we are having on Mother's day for dinner but we usually have walleye and morels.

Stay OP chicks!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Default My Weigh in Day!

Hey chickies,
I just got home from weighing in at the wellness center....(drumroll please).....
3 more lbs down, that's a total of 9 for the week!!!!!!!
I am soooo proud!
I know that I won't lose this much in one week probably ever again, but it feels good to get such a jump start!
well, I gotta go eat my breakfast
I'll be back on later.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:01 AM   #8  

Good Morning everyone!

Finally able to check back in after two very busy and hectic work days. Very happy that today is Friday.

Too much good food that wasn't OP I am sorry to say. I did make some good choices that I wouldn't have ordinarily made (like passing on the bread) but I am so way over ww points that I don't even want to write down yesterday. And, tonight we are going to the home of a good friend and his wife where dinner is always wonderful. He is as good as a chef in a fine restaurant. I will do my best to stick with it, but the food he cooks is just extraordinary as is the wine he serves with it.

Mother's day will be good or bad depending on the weather. Fortunately, when we do "family" things, we do them with both my partner's family and mine together since for me it is only my parents. We are going to have everybody over for a bbq but if it rains then we will be indoors and there are a couple of little kids who will be very bored and that is NOT a good thing.

Bamie/Bamie's daughter - Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers here on the left coast too. I also had knee surgery and all I can tell you is that each day gets a little better.

Marinetubamom - Moving is sure a B-TCH isn't it? I moved exactly two years ago yesterday to my current house and I still remember it well!

RuthXXX - Boy, if I were going to "sin" with just a dessert it would have to be chocolate! I am looking forward to spring weather too. Just when it looks like we are going to have some, it rains again. The only good thing is that then we don't have to water the garden. Who said it never rains in California?

Moms (all of you) - Have a great day Sunday and LET 'EM WAIT ON YOU HAND AND FOOT!

BirdLady
Old 05-06-2005, 10:02 AM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Chicks Still very busy with the basement and it going to carry over to this weekend. YIKES!! I'm going to be working on this mess on MOTHERS DAY No pampering for me this weekend.

Yes we still have the mice coming in under the kitchen sink. We think its the next door neighbors who are moving out, That are disturbing the mice. They never threw anything out and there basement is a real mess.We aproached them about this matter and they didn't say"We don't have any problems with mice" . We don't believe them, as we never in our 8 years living here had any mice problems before.

Hope to be a regular poster after the problems are solved.

Have a nice day and weekend And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL Hugs BB
Old 05-06-2005, 10:25 AM   #10  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone!
I had a pretty decent day yesterday but was hungry so I ate legal foods..but, felt like I overate...but they were all legal...

Today I tried making the mock french toast for breakfast..it turned out like an egg scramble type deal...but, was good. Funny that is legal on p1?

Everyone is getting pizza for mother's day...I am bringing a salad...haha!

I still haven't weighed myself in awhile..wondering where it is...

Sarah
Old 05-06-2005, 10:41 AM   #11  
GARDENING ADDICT

I just got back from taking my dog Kasey to the vet for her surgery. Gotta unload groceries and I'l be right back to read what everybody's posted today.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:20 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

First off, to all mothers and those who will be celebrating with their mothers~~Have a wonderful time and cherish the moments.

Bamie~~Thank you and your DD for letting us know that you made it through the surgery Ok. Keep the leg elevated, ice packs on (bags of frozen peas work great) and take the pain medicine. Hope to see you up and around real soon. Happy Mothers Day

Ruth~~You know that Spring is really here when you can relax on the porch with a glass of wine.

Phins`~~ Great weight loss.

Sassy~~Way to go on the exercising
Old 05-06-2005, 11:28 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, you so deserve an absolutly gorgeous day, so I'm glad you are getting one!!! So glad Sarah is showing up after all. Enjoy your lovely porch and the trip to the library! Sorry about the carrot cake, but you know it'll fall right off...just keep drinking. Eventually it has to come out, right?

Tara, your plans sound wonderful! Our moms live far away and I'm not a mom yet, so we don't have any plans. But I hope you have a great time! Do you think you might have hardwood floors under the carpets? Might be a good idea to pull up a corner and see. Hardwood floors can be marvelous, at least until you get new carpets.

Twice, what a special thing to have a tea at school! That's darling! I bet this is a very special holiday for you! Have a blast and stay away from the cake! Think your carpet installers could hit Tara's on the way out?

Aileen, you must be super strong to think moving is easy! I hate moving...but a new place can be lots of fun! You'll get tons of good decorating ideas from these chickies...Ellis and Sil and Bamie have gorgeous houses!

Sassy, how are those arms feeling? Have fun with your DBFs mom. I bet your mom would LOVE to have a surprise visit!

Amy, congrats on the NSV (great term, Ruth!) with the outfit! I hope that you can get rid of the cravings...maybe a couple days on Phase 1 would help?

Phins, congratulations!!! That loss in Phase 1 is really motivating, especially when you are trying to figure out Phase 2. I LOVE your quote in your sig. I had a great time with a good friend last night and it definitely felt like that.

Birdlady, I know you don't want to keep eating off plan...you know that eating good food that makes you feel good afterwards is so much more rewarding. Do what's healthy and good for you, okay? I think it's great that you and your DP share Mother's Day together with your fams...it's neat that they get along and are accepting.

BB, so sorry about the mouse problem! What a mess! I hope that the basement is taken care of soon and that DH and your fam give you a special post-mother's day bash!

Sarah, Dr. A says to eat if you are hungry, especially in Phase 1. Try beans, which have good carbs (safe in Phase 1), lots of fiber (to keep you from the c-word in P1) and protein (keeps you full longer). Try to combine protein and veggies for a snack that fills you up and keeps you full.

Sil, when is Kasey's surgery (or has it already happened)? I'll keep her in my prayers. It's so hard when you have to take them to the v-e-t for something that will hurt.

Me:
I had a fantastic time hanging out with my friend last night. She moved across the country last summer and I hadn't seen her since then. Didn't realize how much I had missed her! My cheeks still hurt from laughing so hard.

Still down at 212.5 today! If I maintain it one more day, I'll change my ticker. Went back to Phase 2 today as cravings are gone. Going to OG tonight. I will think of the breadsticks as "soggy and greasy" and indulge in some WW pasta.

Have a great day, chickies, and a super-special mother's day. I know you all deserve to be pampered and showered with the affection you give your kids every day!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 11:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Good Mornin' Chicks!

Well, I had a crappy night sleep last night! My nose is running like a river which kept me up half the night. My cats were getting pretty mad at me moving around so much. All 3 of them sleep on my side of the bed because DH moves around too much and will probably roll over on them. They eventually left...totally disgusted I'm sure!

We had a nice dinner for DH's b-day with my parents. We went out to a seafood restaurant where they grill all of their food. I had mahi mahi with a salad and a side of fruit. I did, however, have a very small piece of cake that I had brought to the restaurant before we got there.

This weekend, I've got 2 bridal appointments tomorrow. On Sunday, we are all set to get my grandma out of the convalescent home and bring her to her house. She has no idea that the whole family is going to be there which I personally think will make her mad. She's been saying she wants us all together again so I guess she's getting her wish. It looks like the food is going to be lasagna from Olive Garden so I'm not sure how OP I'll be that day! Maybe I'll just focus on the salad. Laurie.....let's try to avoid those breadsticks together this weekend!!!

I've got to get going but I'll try to check back later!
Old 05-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #15  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

I am still here, just been adjusting to a new schedule with my life. I have been ON PLAN (even with eating out three times...) Well, to the best of my knowledge I was. At the Chinese Stirfry place, you get to pick what goes in so I know I did good. The Mexican food restaurant I picked a grilled chicken breast with a green chili sauce and charro beans instead of refried. I think I did good... no rice, tortillas or chips.

I was down to my ticker weight yesterday Which means I've lost at least 5 or 6 I think. (When you fall off the wagon, weighing isn't what you want to do!) So I'm back were I was after one week on the plan.

Here's my reasoning as to why I want to do this... I'm going to be at a lake this summer, with just about all my family. My mother just got a breast reduction (after wanting one for many years.) and she's also been losing weight. I just have to look good, since she's going to look great! (She's only 49)

I exercised for the first time in about 3 weeks. 30 minutes on my bike was harder than I thought it would be, I'm really glad I did it though.

I'm off to a Mommy lunch (where we have to bring our own lunch, isn't that odd?) At least I get to pick something good for me.

CHat later - thanks for being here everyone
Closed Thread