South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy I need strength, and help

I feel SO SO sick, and it's only day 1! I was expecting the withdrawl on Day 3 (this always happens when I quit sugar), but oh my, I don't feel good. I'm nauseous and weak. Should I force myself to eat? Even though I might throw it up? I want to quit already. I've been trying to drink lots of water, and I ate really good up until this whole nauseous thing really struck me. Advice is welcome and much needed, thanks ladies
Old 07-26-2004, 11:34 PM   #2  

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. I had 1 day like that. I ended up drinking some hot herbal tes and taking a long bath to try to relax. This help me a little so that I could get more protien in my tummy then I was fine. I hope this helps. Keep going though you can push through this.

PS If you are indeed sick you might want to wait until you are better tostart the program.

Will check on you tomorrow, Bedtime for me.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:25 AM   #3  
RNMOM

Default Hang with it!

It won't get easier another time. Sugar is evil and doesn't EVER satisfy! Hang on for a few more days. You can do it!
Old 07-27-2004, 08:35 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I agree with RNMom, the sugar will always be hard to deal with. I inadvertantly ate sugar twice since I started SBD, and I had to detox again. It's wasn't as bad as the first time, but it was definitely still very difficult. Waiting doesn't help it.

However, if you are really sick or just scared, you might want to see your doctor. Doesn't hurt to have his/her advice.

Here's hoping that this passes quickly!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 10:44 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

How are you feeling today SwimGirl?
Old 07-27-2004, 11:49 AM   #6  

So after I left my msg last night, I drank 3 huge glasses of water and took some rolaids (upset tummy, seemed to make sense to take it). I also called my mom from my bed with my blankets pulled over my head, we chatted about this and that (everytime we started on food I got nauseous), and I finally went to sleep at 9:30pm, without eating again. This morning I feel like I have a hangover! Weird, eh? I have a little tickle in my throat, so its very possible that last night was due to a flu, or maybe I really have been WAY more addicted to sugar than I thought. Either way, I'm ready for day 2! I'm sending my boyfriend out for some migraine pills, and I shall tackle this sugar withdrawl! Thank you for all your caring words, I really needed some big help to keep on this thing...
Old 07-27-2004, 11:55 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Some de-tox! I hope you feel better soon. Please remember that GOOD CARB are allowed on Phase I - bean salads and lentil or pea soup may help.
Feel better soon!
Old 07-27-2004, 12:01 PM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Yes, try to eat something -- but Pea Soup Ruth? I thought peas were up there with carrots on Phase 1?
Old 07-27-2004, 12:12 PM   #9  
I can do this!

I know, Jenn, I thought that too. But peas are actually okay. Carrots are out (in Phase 1) because of their sugar content, but the peas are all right (check out the veggie list here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38776). I enjoyed snow peas and other pea pods in stir fries during Phase 1. Personally, though, I am not a big fan of split peas, so have never had them. But they are okay.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:14 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Swimgirl, I'm so glad you are feeling better! I understand why you took the rolaids last night, but I checked their website, and the rolaids have sugar in them. So you might have made yourself feel better by feeding the sugar habit. So frustrating...sugar is in everything!

I hope that you find it easier now than yesterday...maybe take some plain ginger tea to help with any further stomach upsets rather than the sugary rolaids? Or they might make sugar free rolaids...you never know.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:34 PM   #11  

I never get an upset stomach, so last night was completely weird.. I had to dig out the rolaids from before christmas, and I read the ingredients, and it says they do have dextrose. But that was just on day one, if I was further in I might feel differently, but really at this stage I could just extend phase 1 by one day. And I don't really enjoys peas either, sometimes I go for some green beans, thats thats it for me in the beans/peas area. Broccoli is my all time fav veggie... mmmm... broccoli...
Old 07-27-2004, 12:54 PM   #12  
I can do this!

Hey, as long as you knew about it, that's fine.

Swimgirl, have you tried kidney beans, black beans, pinquitos, chickpeas, cannelini beans (so mild in taste), great northern beans, fava beans, etc...there are so many kinds! Beans really help keep you regular and full! You can toss them on salads, use them as dip, etc. They are good stuff!

But then, so is broccoli. Good for you on liking it! Have you tried the Broccoli, bacon, and cheese salad in the forums? I made it last week and loved it. Very good!
Old 07-27-2004, 03:10 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Same problem!

Swimgirl I have been having a similar problem.
I have been feeling nauseous and just sick to my stomach since I started. I thought it might be the diet so yesterday I went back to my regular eating habits, but I must say I think that made it even worse. I was so disgusted by almost any food I would eat.

This morning I had a SBD breakfast (turkey bacon and scrambled eggs) and I still felt a little nauseated afterwards. I don't know if it is the types foods I am eating, or maybe its because I think the foods are really bland.

For some reason I think if I make my SBD meals a little more flavorful I won't be so sick to my stomach...

Anyone got any suggestions? How about some ideas for making the foods more flavorful?
Old 07-27-2004, 03:20 PM   #14  

I use lots of spices but it depends on what I am eating. Can you give me an idea of the kinds of foods you are looking to spice up?
Old 07-27-2004, 03:28 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Well I would like to give steaks, and chicken some flavor. Especially when I cook them with veggies.

Also my salads...
I bought Newman's Own Light Italian Dressing, it has 0g sugars, 0g carb and 6g fat with 1g saturated fat is that okay for phase 1?

Do you gals know of anyother safe phase 1 store bought dressings?

I also bought a Carb Options Asian Teriyaki Marinade, it has 0.5g fat 0g sat.
<1g carb, and 0g sugars.
Closed Thread