South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 02:46 PM   #1  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Default Starting day five...

and doing well. I just had the mock pancake for breakfast with turkey bacon and tomato juice. It was yummy. I am getting ready to make the breakfast quiche that I found in the recipe section also so I have a handy breakfast ready to grab. I have been lurking for almost the entire five days just checking other peoples questions and responses, it has been very helpful.

I am new to SBD but am not new to dieting as most of us are not, I have done Atkins, Sugar Busters, Weight Watchers, just cutting back, cabbage soup diet, low fat, none have worked for me. When I was looking through my journal at what I have been eating this week I realized what was going on with the others and why they did not work for me and that is deprivation factor. Yeah I cannot have sugar or white flour products on this but with what I am eating for meals and snacks I am not craving sugar at this time and I get to add the WW versions back in moderation after Phase I. The food is real and it tastes good and it satisfies what the body is calling for when hungry. I have noticed since starting that I get nauseous and shaky feeling when I don't eat on time (I used to avoid this by continually stuffing sugary snacks down) and that has happened to me twice since Wednesday.

My doctor put me on SBD because of bloodwork. I am insulin resistant, high cholesterol and high blood pressure which makes me pre-diabetic. I read the book and just said I have to do this if I want quality of life (and quantity.)

Enough jabber for today.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:57 PM   #2  

Thats great that SB Diet is working for you. If you eat your snacks your blood sugar levels should remain stable and the protein actually fills you up. I did ww then regained all the weight back because I was eating a lot of white bread so was hungry all the time. I got some weight off and kept it off for awhile by ignoring the hunger pangs but you can only do that for so long. I've lost that weight again plus more on SB Diet but its been easier this time because I am not hungry.

Keep up the good work.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:45 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good going, Bunnababy. Your post should be required reading for us all.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:49 PM   #4  

Welcome to the Beach! Sounds like you have been doing great!
Closed Thread