South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 02:28 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Question Question about yogurt on Phase I...

I Was wondering if Dannon's Light and Fit Vanilla yogurt would be okay...

Right now I am buying the plain fat free kind and flavoring it with vanilla extract and a little splenda.

Also this morning I had a "cafe con leche" as part of my breakfast but I made it with fat free milk, unsweetened cuban coffee, and of course a little splenda. Is this legal? I hope so, cause I love them!

Should I count the yogurt and the cafe con leche towards the 75 cal limit for sweets, or the 2 cup limit for dairy, or both?

Really appreciate your help - Elie

Last edited by elie; 07-25-2004 at 02:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:34 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The yoghurt is fine to eat on Phase I. Count it towards your dairy. The coffee sounds delicious! Count the milk towards your dairy and the sweetener towards your 75 calorie allowance.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:48 PM   #3  

Default One more question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Count the milk towards your dairy and the sweetener towards your 75 calorie allowance.
Umm... this might sound silly... But how do I count the sweetner? Since it doesn't have calories do I just take the calories of the milk?

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-25-2004, 01:54 PM   #4  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I believe one packet of sweetner counts as ten. Is that right Ruth?

Also for another option I bought the Nancy's ff yogurt and added DaVinci sf syrup and nuts to make a nice addition to my breakfast. It was yummy and I think I will stick with that rather than trying to find a sf brand that I like. I also saw a granola recipe on the boards so am going to add that once I get into Phase II.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Depends on the sweetener. Splenda has 0 calories in the no cal variety but 2 per teaspoon in the low cal Variety! Don't count the milk calories! they are part of your dairy allowance. Check out the revisions to the Phase I list in the FAQ section.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:33 PM   #6  

Thanx for the clarification Ruth. I think I have the no cal Splenda.

Thats a good idea Bunna, I think I will give it a try if I can find those SF DaVinci syrups.

Thanx Girls!
Old 07-26-2004, 11:39 AM   #7  
KP611

Wink Davinci Syrups

Elie,
a couple of posts recommended checking Marshalls & TJ Maxx for the Davinci Syrup so I went to Marshalls yesterday and found about 12 differant flavors of the sugar free Syrup for $5.99 a bottle (about 1/2 of what you pay on their web site). I havent tried them yet, but I bought coconut, chocolate, french vanilla, kahlua and amaretto.

Does anyone have any good recipes to use them in???
Closed Thread