South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 06:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Daily - July 21

Good morning. This will be another quickie to get us started.

Today started out better than yesterday which was not difficult. The barfies disappeared before I had to go to my Library job. I suspect I've been taking too many Advil for the knee and wrist.

I won't be around much over the next few days as the Fair has started! Today I will be doing registration for the homecraft entries. It's going to be a scorcher so there will be some soggy pies by this time tomorrow morning. There will be quilts, other sewing and the inevitable crocheted toiler paper roll covers. "Country fairs celebrate the achievements of ordinary people" says a friend of mine who is a senator and attends a lot of fairs. I try to keep that in mind. I am expecting some fabulous quilts.

I'll try to pop in later.

What's happening at your house?
Old 07-21-2004, 06:17 AM   #2  

Hi Ruth, glad you are feeling better....the cure for the pain seems to have caused other problems? You must make sure that you pay enough attention to your own health sweetie.

My house smells of very nice new incense I bought for meditation, but as I have not been near my meditation cushion in weeks I decided to burn it in the sitting room. Very nice. It reminds me of retreats I have been on, beings favoured by the people that organise them. In fact, burning it nearly makes me want to do some spritual practice....(not quite though).

I am off to marinade some chicken for tonight. hello everyone still to come.
x
Old 07-21-2004, 07:14 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Well, fell off the wagon a little bit last night. Ended up heating some frozen tortellini for supper for the gang. Had about half a cup with some tomato sauce and a nice Caesar salad without the croutons. Wasn't exactly OP, but it could have been much worse.

Today I get a treat at lunch time. A fellow phlebo (and one of my patients) is going to come and have lunch with me. Since I can't leave, she's coming to the office. I'm making grilled chicken Caesar salads.

Clovey, the incense sounds great. I buy vast quantities of it during our Ren Fest. The booth is right next to the handspinners guild booth and they give us a discount. This year, I think I bought something like 100 sticks and it cost me something like $5.00. My favorite is sandalwood and cinnamon.

Ruth, be careful of that Advil. It can really tear your stomach up. If the pain continues, ask your doc about some new stuff that combines Prevacid with an anti-inflammatory. It's supposed to be great.

Well, I need to get down to the kitchen and prepare lunch.

All you chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 07-21-2004, 08:15 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Ruth. Take it easy, darling.
Lovely to hear your voice. I'll give you a buzz back soon, sweetie.

Clovey, there's nothing like good incense. (compared to cheap incense) I have a lot of burners all through the house, and a lovely little brass buddha burner in the bathroom. My born-again SIL was HORRIFIED when she first saw it, and pretty much told me I'd be going to ****.

Oh, lordy. Mamacita, I just read your post. I'm sure your incense isn't cheap... just reasonably priced. (wow! What a great deal!!) The cinnamon and sandalwood sounds lovely! We have a Christmas store here in Ottawa, and I bought some eggnog incense there. It smelled DIVINE in the tin, but like nothing when I burned it. (that'll teach me to buy synthetic odors)

I'm going to the Y to see my trainer this morning. Second time this week. He's trying to whip some sense into me. He keeps telling me I have excellent form (compared to the gorillas in the gym), and if I could just get my eating together...
I just want to eat...

Must run... love and hugs to all...
Old 07-21-2004, 08:31 AM   #5  

morning dahlings!!!
well i blew it last night on an ice cream sandwich and some combos!!! i normally don't like either one but .....they were there. taking a slightly different approach this morning, i'll let you know if it works. i went nuts in my flower garden last night i started off just pulling weeds and then pulled a sort of "mommie dearest" on the rest of the stuff. i ended up with a huge bare spot smack dab in the middle of the bed. dd (who was quietly hoisting all the weeds/flowers i pulled into the garbage can) suggested i move a wooden flower cart from the front porch into the bare spot , i did and it looks not half bad. i guess i was just in a mood who knows.

ruth so glad you are feeling better today, careful with the advil. have a great time at the fair, no sense in telling you to take it easy i know you won't. just don't wear yourself down!!!

hi ellis!!! the story of my life "if i could just get my eating under control!!" good luck sweetie.

morning mama loved the story!! hope you have a nice lunch with your friend!!

clovey- the incense sounds lovely!! have a great day!!!
hello to all the rest of you beach beauties !!!
Old 07-21-2004, 08:56 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone.

To everyone that was concerned because I went bragging about how lucky I am with my 18-day long period, etc, I called the doctor this morning and left a message. Took a "sick day" from work, since you know how the doctor's office works. Call them at 7:30am (at their request) to leave a message for the nurse, 4 hours later the nurse calls you back to find out EXACTLY what's going on, sets up an appointment for you for 3 hours later, then you go to the office and sit in the waiting room for 45 minutes before they even call your name and weigh you, then you sit in the little room on the bed of plain white wrapping paper for 15 minutes waiting for the doctor to come in (which I'm sure will be nice, considering my problem.) Sigh.

I did learn, however, that no matter HOW AWAKE you think you are first thing in the morning, you're not totally all there. First, I dialed MY phone number, then wondered why I got a busy signal. Next I dialed some guy I don't even know's cell phone. FINALLY I got myself to dial my doctor's office. Sheesh.

Ruthie, have you ever tried Vioxx? I don't know what kind of wrist and knee pain you have, but I have tendonitis and fibromyalgia, and vioxx helped me HUGELY. I could barely move my wrist when my Doc put me on the Vioxx, and she made me take it for 14 days, but it sure cleared it right up. It's what I take for my fibromyalgia flareups too.

DF is still sleeping.....he used to call ME lazy bones. Not that he has to be up for any reason, but still. TIME TO GET UP!!!!! That goes for all of you that haven't posted yet. I hope you heard me. I'm going to go flip on the tv and make some breakfast. Hope you all have a great day. I'll keep you posted on my situation!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:21 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning, Beauties!

Kiko (from last night): I feel your pain, girl! This place is such a support for me that I really miss it when things are going to you-know-where in a handbasket! I'm sure you'll find a way to sneak it in, though I know how all consuming teaching can be! :

Ruth, good to see you back early in the morning and without the urge to toss up! I hope that you can find a less hurtful way to ease your pains! I'm so sorry that you haven't been feeling well! Please do take gentle care of you, though we all know you won't slow down! Your job today sounds like so much fun! My DH and I love looking at the fair entries, though we usually get there after the mold has taken over. Two years ago we had the chance to be at the State Fair on the first day and the cooking creations were glorious! So were the quilts. Enjoy!

Clovey, the incense sounds wonderful! Target is currently selling these darling incense kits with cones and sticks and beautiful holders. So...have you done some ruminating over whether to raise your price?

Mama, that really doesn't sound too off plan! Don't beat yourself up over it. So glad you are getting a nice friendly lunch, and she sounds like a doll to meet you on your terms. Your lunch sounds delicious and so girly! Wonderful!

Ellis, about your sister. Too funny! Too bad about the eggnog incense...that sounds awesome! Kind of like flavored coffee...smells so good, but really tastes about the same as regular coffee. Always lets me down, but I keep buying it! I am SO feeling you on the want to eat thing. The darn scale is going up on the new 1 fruit, 2 starch plan, and I am so depressed in general. Blah. What hobby can we take up to keep from eating? Still, I think it is AMAZING that you are working with your trainer again and doing all this working out. I think that counts for a lot!!!

Ah, Jodi, glad you did some work in the garden. That can relieve so much frustration and anger, can't it? I hope that next time you can do that instead of reaching for the ice cream. I'm with you on that response! Every day we just try to train ourselves to do something healthier.
Sounds like the garden looks great and you have a DD with great style!

Man, I don't know what is up with me...besides my weight. *sigh* I spent so much time telling that nasty nutritionist that weighing myself doesn't bother me, only to find that right now, it totally does. One pound up and I feel like a failure. The thing is, I've been doing the 1 fruit, 2 starch thing for a week now, and the weight just plateaued then went up. I'm not really sure what to do next...do one with with 2 starches, then one week with 1 starch, then repeat? Do 2 fruit, 1 starch instead? Go back to my unhealthy amount of weight loss with 1 fruit, 1 starch? Such a mess. Plus, the one extra starch seems to be inspiring cravings though I usually have it at lunch...don't know if that is because I am eating a bit less veggies than I do with a salad or if it's because of the starch itself. I'm just a mess and very frustrated and unhappy with myself.

Really pushed myself on the elliptical this morning, which was good...got some of my anger, hurt, and fear out there. Think I really should start writing more in a journal...that might help. It's just so hard to see your words out there, you know?

Not too much planned for the day. Trying to finish up a project, but my boss is gone on vacation, so it'll be more low key today. Honestly, I've forgotten what we're having for dinner today...but I'm going to have a salad with a roll for lunch to see if eating more veggies helps. I've got some lovely roast beef and am going to add some horseradish sauce (SBD friendly) to ranch dressing to make some weird salad. Hope it tastes good!

Hope everyone has a great day! :
Old 07-21-2004, 09:25 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Weezle, we posted at the same time! I hope you feel much better after seeing the doctor and finding out what is going on. No one deserves a TOM that long! that the doctor visit isn't too bad. And I'm glad you took a day off! Go cuddle with your sleepyhead DF until the doctor calls. That's a great way to start the day!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:32 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Just a quick hello things have been crazy here. I have been so busy and Off Program it is not funny. But I have been thinking of you guys. I will try to pop in again later. Love to ya all.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:42 AM   #10  
Bikini Babe Wannabe

Hello ladies.....I'm back from the beach and man was it challenging. They had all kinds of yummy food...meat lasagna, baby back ribs, pulled pork, brownies. But I have to say that I only wandered a little with a small piece of lasagna, and 2 glasses of wine spritzer. I was able to find lots of other things OP to keep my appetite satisfied. But still I am at the same weight as when I left. I even walked 2 miles on the beach for 2 days and went kayaking yesterday for about a half an hour.

Just a little frustrated this morning....I only lost 7 lbs in the first 2 weeks and my boyfriend has lost 13. And I am sitting here eating this high fiber cereal that tastes like cardboard. I did enjoy my first piece of wheat bread yesterday and a peach last night.

It's good to be back so I can read all the posts and keep getting inspired.

Have a great day!
Old 07-21-2004, 10:04 AM   #11  

Default Just a quick post this morning

Back in the office today, I work Wed - Fri in case I never mentioned it. So my time is more limited.

Been doing well and pretty good OP. My sweet yesterday was a handful of chocolate chips, I just couldn't resist. I am glad I did it though, cause the guilt and ickiness that came after it is enough to keep my hand out of the chips for a little while. My other solution is to make more of the bark that uses the chips and give the stuff away as taste tests to friends and family. Get it out of my house.

Went to an extra kickboxing class last night. I go after the twins are in bed, makes for a late workout but gets it done right? Look out goal, here I come!!

Cheers to all, more later.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:13 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning party people!

Busy busy busy here! Next week will be calmer as Congress is in recess! Thank goodness. I'll be back much more then!

In the meantime...

Ruth -- have fun at the fair!

Clovey -- what kinda chicken? *smacks her lips*

Mama -- I forgot my lunch today --come make ME lunch???!!!!

Ellis -- share your trainer secrets would you? I too am going to the Y today. I just have no real clue if what I am doing is really ok or if I could be better utilizing my time and effort!

Jodi -- gonna share the different approach??? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Weezle -- I wrote a top ten things women hate about the GYN -- let me know if you want to read it!!!

LC -- we miss you too!

Shequila -- actually, men tend to lose faster than women. Don't be so frustrated. 7 pounds is quite an accomplishment!!!!! It's 7 pounds less than you were a bit back, you know? Welcome back!

Talk to you all later!
Old 07-21-2004, 11:28 AM   #13  

Hi all
Laurie, I actually dont do housecalls at all, but I work in a counselling centre in north london sometimes. Increasing my rate....well, I charge £25-£50 at home here, but in the counselling centre they only take low cost clients (if that is the right term). Even so, my private rate may be a bit low, but people in the UK just dont want to pay for therapy. Although some pay more. But on the whole I like to keep it affordable. It is a constant question for me, how much to charge....am I undervaluing myself of helping those who otherwise could not afford therapy. What I do is tell people that they can pick their rate between £25 and £50. It is not the most well off who go for the £50, I can tell you (actually no one does at the moment...I have had a run of £25ers....but really it says a lot about how much they value their lives). I have a theory that it will wash out through the swings and roundabouts, but so far it is not really going to financial plan.....

OK, the chicken is lime and ginger. I just squeezed lime and grated ginger on the chicken. Might or might not work......

No time for more individual posties now, as client (tricky man this one....) about to arrive and I must take some deep breaths and centre myself, preparing for his usual barrage of .......oh everything.
xx
Old 07-21-2004, 11:32 AM   #14  
I can do this!

I understand, Clovey. : But know that we all think you are worth much, much more! And of course, at a center, you want to charge less...the people there need your help but are unlikely to have the money to pay higher rates. Still, I think you can up your rate safely to 30-50 instead of the 25-50. That might help. Or maybe offer a certain payment for a certain time frame? I know you'll do what's right for you and for your clients. We're behind you!

You might want to add a bit of olive oil to the marinade to cut the citric acid. If there is too much lime, it might cook the chicken and/or make it tough.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:00 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Dead on, Laurie. Chicken seviche? Nosireebob!
Weezle just gave me an idea for a thread!
Closed Thread