South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 02:51 PM   #1  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

Default Just placed order for my books :) (m)

since of course they did not have them on base. So ordered the guide and the classic book. May have to be on phase one longer then two weeks if I fidn out i did something wrong once my book comes Did anyone else start before reading the book? Take care
Old 07-20-2004, 03:12 PM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Steph, you really should wait to start until after reading the book. Considering the amount of weight you want to lose and the time frame you are giving yourself, which is really a tough one, you will need to ensure you are following the program as carefully as you can. It appears that in order for Phase 1 to work in detoxing you and preparing for a successful Phase 2, you will need to follow it to the letter with absolutely no cheating. Without the book, how will you know if you are doing the right things?

For everyone...don't start the diet until you read the book. This applies to any diet or WOE. Truly.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Yes, I started before reading the book. Prevention has several articles along with the foods to enjoy list. I had read several other books talking about the effects of sugar and low glycemic index foods and such. So I was already familiar with the concept. I just wasn't ready to give up dairy and sweets completely like some other books suggest.

I printed out the list of foods to enjoy and avoid, and as I was reading I thought "hmm, I have these foods in the house now. I wonder if I can do this?" So I sort of stumbled into it. I put a hold on it at the library, it was a very popular book in January, I was something like 258 people in line. Hmm. well I was patient and finally got read it in April. My sister bought me the book and told me to stop being so cheap.

I can't imagine what you could do wrong, you have this board with all the great advice and information. Just stick to the foods to enjoy list and take it day by day.

Good luck
Sarah

edited to add: Oops, well listen to the moderator. She knows best.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:03 PM   #4  

Steph,

Also be aware that some of the foods on the lists have changed since the diet was published. You can keep up to date on the changes at http://www.southbeachdiet.com/updates
Old 07-21-2004, 03:58 AM   #5  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

Thanks ladies i am gonna give it a shot anyway as i do retian LOTS of water so don't think it will be as hard to get to 130 it is any lower where I am gonna have trouble LOL. My book should be here sometime next week so I will still be in phase one anyway. I also have tons of sites bookmarked and also the updated list of foods from here. Thanks again for great advice. Cannot wait to read the book!
Closed Thread