South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 05:12 AM   #1  

Default Sunday Beach Fun

I am so tired. It is 4 in the morning and I haven't been to bed yet. I'm working from home and they were supposed to be ready for us to test 2 hours ago. They are having problems with the server. At this rate I don't know if I WILL get any sleep. I am definitely getting too old to do all nighters!

Also I am getting hungry. I'm going to have to figure out what kind of snack is tempting. I DID get my meals for the week planned while sitting at the computer so it will be easy for my to go to the grocery store later today.

Hope everyone is having a more restful day. Today is my son's birthday party and he is so excited.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:04 AM   #2  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

Hope you get some rest soon Barbara and have fun at your son's birthday party too! I get to venture into the exciting world of philosophy today and finish up two 500 word essay questions for my final exam (online courses). ACK. Take care and have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 07-18-2004, 07:53 AM   #3  

I am finally able to go to bed!!! I have been up for 24 hours straight now. Only problem is the sun is now up and I don't know if I can sleep. I guess I'll go see. Bye for now!
Old 07-18-2004, 09:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Barbara, I hope you're sleeping soundly! Have fun with your son today.

Steph, good luck with those essays! Philosophy is such a fascinating subject.

I may take an anti-anxiety med today. Yesterday DH and DD dropped over to see my parents for a little visit. I didn't go because I couldn't take anymore of seeing my Mom this week. While they were there, DH did some intervention on my part, and spoke to my Mom about her not dumping all of her problems on me. He was VERY nice about it (he's a social worker). She was devastated. No one has ever dared to speak to her that way.
He thought I'd be angry when he got home and told me, but I was so grateful. He's the one who sees me in tears of frustration after talking to her, and he's put up with my rages about her for years. I'm always the good girl, and don't want to hurt her feelings, but she's been hurting me by dumping on me since I was a small child. I'd give anything to have a real mother who gives a damn about me instead of only herself.
They parted fairly amicably, but I'm anxious to see what will happen when I next talk to her. I just want to move on and not dwell on all this crap. All I care about right now is that my Dad is dying.
Phew! Sorry about that dump, but it was good for me!
Thank God I'm seeing my psychiatrist in the morning.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day... love and hugs to all...
Old 07-18-2004, 10:30 AM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Whew, what a day! Some days I wake up really rested, other days I'm just groggy as can be! Today would be another groggy one. (Could be because a girlfriend came over last night and we watched Candyman until after midnight.....)

You guys would be so proud of me. I got my ENTIRE house cleaned yesterday, and all but 2 loads of laundry sorted, cleaned and dried, divided into "Spring/Summer" and "Fall/Winter" clothes, and hung up in the appropriate closets. I've got a load left in the dryer and one in the washer, and then I can relax today!

Better hop to it! Everyone have a fabulous day!
Old 07-18-2004, 10:49 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chickies.

Barb, I hope you are able to get to sleep for a few hours. I used to do all-nighters too and was usually too wired to get to sleep in the morning.

Pear fairy, it's nice to have you join us and also participate in the daily. Bang out those essays and relax.

Ellis, good for your DH. Knowing him, I am sure he did the deed with your Mother with tact and discretion but it sounds like he got the point across. We've talked about this before. Maybe we should have just killed her two years ago? JUST KIDDING - sort of

It's going to be another hot one today and Fair week will be a scorcher too. The balance of the Midway comes in this evening when Lansdowne Fair closes so it will be darn noisy sleeping. The good news is that the port-a-potties are in place so there won't be a line-up at the Fair Office door in the morning. I have a few more things to do with the school exhibits and then I'll be done. We have another work bee late tomorrow afternoon, a barbecue and then a meeting. The fun starts Thursday morning.

Today I need to dabble away at school work documentation and might mark out some areas in the veggie garden for Sarah to weed during the week. The weeds really are taller than my pepper plants! Too darn much rain lately! At 5:30 I go to the Denaut Mansion to meet a reporter from Toronto Life who is doing a story on this area. I've not been in there for a while as Debra has been packed with guests every weekend so it should be interesting to see what changes she has made. We will probably sip Martinis and have some delicious nibbles. It'll be nice to feel elegant for a while.

Nearly 11 so I'd better do something useful! Have a happy Sunday.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:51 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Weezle, you snuck in on me! It sounds like you had a very active day and then stayed up late having fun. I hope you can take it easier today!
Old 07-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Weezle, thank you so much for your beautiful PM.
And congratulations on getting so much done!

Didn't we have an accomplishment thread around here somewhere... or is that in Alternachicks...

Yeah, Ruth. DH and I keep saying (Jokingly. Sort of.), "Why are our Moms lasting longer than our Dads!?" Dad was going to be your third husband!!
Wow, that Inn is beautiful!!
Old 07-18-2004, 12:19 PM   #9  
Faith in me

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Wow I haven't been on here since Thurs and there so much reading to catch up! I have had family in town and been keeping pretty busy. Well Laurie I will tell everyone on how my brother proposed to his fiance!! He took her out to dinner to this restaurant called The Melting Pot...it's a fondue place. They had their own private booth and it was 4 courses! Well before dessert was served he excused himself to use the restroom...but really he went to the manager to give him the ring....When dessert came out his fiance was just ready to have desserts...she said there were cakes, brownies, and fruit....and the waiter said he had an extra dish of strawberries just for her....and on one of the strawberries was the ring....she looked at it and started giggling...my brother got down on one knee and told her that he loved her, she was his best friend....and he would like it if she would be his wife and would she marry him! She started crying and couldn't answer at first...but she said yes!!! The ring is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so excited for them!!!! His fiance is really nice and so cool...I could not ask for a better soon to be sister in law! Today we're celebrating my little brother's b-day...there is a in our house that is very tempting....but I won't be tempted...I will be strong....Yesterday I hoped on the scales and I"m done to 224!!! I've gone beyond my July goal! That's what 10lbs? WOW!
Old 07-18-2004, 01:09 PM   #10  

Default Good afternoon friends

I am in trouble. Big trouble. The twins have learned the word no. And I don't mean that they figured out what I mean when I say no...heaven help me.

Stepped on the scale this morning. Down 1/2 pound. I am THRILLED. If you knew what I ate on the 5 days of my vacation...let's just say it was beyond OFF plan. But since coming home on Tuesday its been all about the plan and drinking water. I was hoping not to have gone up by more than 2 pounds. But to have gone down? :

Had an excellent breakfast this morning. Have you tried the Turkey Store sausage patties, very tasty.

Took the kids for a walk, played in the park and generally smiled all morning. They are napping now before a birthday party this afternoon. No bad food for me. It felt TOO good on the scale this morning.

Old 07-18-2004, 01:32 PM   #11  

Hello everyone,

Well our Barbque went off well. Before the guest arrived I had made devilled eggs. so I had one to curb and unintentional grazing. I had my burger bunless with a salad and another egg. We really had a great time. Oh and also I did not have anything but water to drink!!! Big deal when everyone is having a beer or 2 or 3!. So I am pleased.

Today we are just hanging at home. My DD has a birthday party tonight so I too Have a cake to avoid. i think before I go i will make a riccotta to have when i come home. Then I know it will be really for a little sweet.

Barb I cn't belive you have been up for 24 hours!! Yikes!! I hope you are now sleeping soundly.

I guess staying away from the cake it the theme for many of us today. Good luck everyone.

Talk to you later.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:38 PM   #12  

I didn't manage to get any sleep but hopefully I can get to bed a little early tonight. By the time I got done with work, Brian was waking up. I am dragging. I'm also weighing two pounds heavier than I was yesterday. I think it was just from missing sleep since I ate well yesterday.

I haven't eaten so well today. I had a small chili (OP) along with a grilled chicken sandwich. It would have been fine except I ate the bun. I felt like I needed the bun to help settle my stomach. Sometimes when I pull an all-nighter I end up with a queasy stomach and it is just from lack of sleep. I'm going to do as well as I can at the party and just start fresh. Luckily I'm on vacation the next four days so I get a bit of a break.

Time to head for the grocery store. I just have to make sure I stay awake while driving.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:11 PM   #13  

Ellis I am thinking of you girl. Hope you are having a great day.

Barb Be safe on those roads! We will down in your neck of the woods this evening for dinner with the in-laws.

Jen Watching that scale go down is such motivation, isn't it? We don't really have a specific weigh in day- whatever works for you!

Had fun with our friends over last night although I indulged in way too much wine. DD is down for her nap right now, so I plan on stretching out on the couch for a doze myself.

Laurie We are all waiting to hear details of you spa day. I agree that you must post some pictures of your new look!!
Old 07-18-2004, 03:32 PM   #14  

I got back safely from the grocery store. Stuff is put up and we are putting things in the gift bags for the party now. I'm not worried about driving any more since from now on I will have DH in the car and he can drive if I am too tired.

I'm taking the day off from exercise but I'll catch up tomorrow after I am well rested. Have a great rest of the day, everyone!
Old 07-18-2004, 05:36 PM   #15  
Peanut's Mom

Default Good evening!

My little one is tugging at my leg, so I just have a quick minute to say "Hi" and hope eveyone is having a good day. I've finally fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans!!! Yee-haw!
Does anyone know if cottage cheese pancakes w/ SF syrup or preserves is OK for Phase 2? I've been dreaming of them lately.

Watch out for those B'day cakes...they seem to be everywhere!!! Have a great day!
Closed Thread