South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 06:32 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Happy Hump Day- Wed chit chat

Morning chickies happy hump day just sitting here waiting for the kids to come and my Fv that DH is bringing me..... dang here is the first ones now be right back.....

I am back chickies and only have about two minutes. But I was reading an article on POCOS which if I am not mistaken some have and some one was mentioning yesterday. Anyway there is an article in the July 20th issue of Woman's World. Which was about a women who had it and she thought that she would not be able to have children. Anyway she then went on a low carb diet and ended up getting pregrant. I am not sure if you guys get that mag you may want to pick it up. Also they have a small blurp about getting organized in thirty days. I am going to cut that one out and put it on my fridge. Well got to go more kids. Talk to ya all later.

Last edited by little chick; 07-14-2004 at 07:13 AM.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:19 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

I'm a little more rested this morning, but feel like there's some "hangover" lurking...you know that sluggish feeling you get when you've taken something to sleep?

Had a pretty good day yesterday, though I'm getting a tad tired of hard boiled eggs. Would have had a salad, but I accidentally froze the lettuce. Blech!

It was a good writing day, also...I wrote TEN pages on my Alphasmart!! Whoo-hoo!

Well, need to go figure out lunch. Be back in a few.

If I miss anyone, HAGD on the beach!

Mamacita
Old 07-14-2004, 08:05 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Hump Day, indeed! I just humped the dump stuff out to the road and I imagine a dump hump will be as close as I get for today!

Little Chick, what the heck is an Fv? A TV? PCOS wasn't invented when I was into getting preggers but I know now that I had it. My kids are adopted but it wasn't for lack of trying. :wink:

Mamacita, I froze the lettuce on purpose back when I was a brand new bride. I made PB and lettuce sandwiches for a week and froze them. Poor DH ate them without complaint! I froze egg sa;ad ones too - the white turns to rubber! I hope you get a decent sleep tonight.

The Three Bills left at 2:30 yesterday afternoon because they had brought the wrong colour of window trim - off-white instead of white! (It's a wonder they noticed - you know men and colours.) They did three of the five windows and made everything bug-free for the night. I expect them back around 9 and am pretty sure they will finish the job today. Then comes the fun part! I have dust all over everything because I didn't get my drop cloths out in time. Oh well, Sarah comes tomorrow morning and I may have her vacuum instead of weed. There is no covering on the windows and there will not be until I get new "window treatments" chosen and ordered. I want the LR painted too but need to chose window fabric before I decide on colour. I AM NOT DOING IT MYSELF! I learned from the bathroom project that it is much easier just to hire a professional.

Know-it-all-Wendy dropped in yesterday afternoon to snoop and "critique" my garden. I really have a hard time liking that young woman! She brings her kids to the Library programme and is constantly critiquing them - "Cut that out evenly!" "Put in more red." "I told you not to spill that!" Poor little kids. She also commented to one child, not hers, that she was too fat to have a bare tummy! Somehow I think this is child abuse! By the way, she didn't make any comment about my garden except "Wow!". She's a stupid and toxic woman and I need to find a tactful way to get rid of her. Cement shoes and into the Creek?

After dinner last night I visited the Hyper Pypers at their campsite. Their Bailey remembers me from previous visits and from her puppyhood and just about turns herself inside out when she sees me. What a riot! Unlike her sister, Crazy Lucy, she is fairly reserved - for a Portie! What a difference physically too! Lucy is definitely the pick of the litter. Now we need to get her preggers. I'll spare you all the details but will let you know when the deed is done.

I am off to the Clinic for allergy shot #4 this morning and then may drop in to the Fair Office. Our Secretary/Manager is at the International AIDS conference in Bangkok and won't be back until the 21st - the day before the Fair opens. There is lots to do and some inexperienced folk to do it so I will be doing minimal consultation. The "new" treasurer is just fine and should not need any help this year. Whew! However the Midway arrives on Sunday and nobody has remembered porta-potties!

Happy Hump Day!
Old 07-14-2004, 08:21 AM   #4  

It is all the early ladies here today as usual...hello mamacita, little chick and Ruth.

I have been doing some spinach......a kitchen full. I use Alan's French Chef method, which is fab. What you do is pick all the spinach, wash and destalk it and then plunge it in to boiling water for about four mins (old leaves) or less for younger tender leaves. Then you fish it out of the boiling water and plunge it in to cold water. Then you grab a handful and squeeze all the water out, making a ball (golf ball sized or a bit bigger). These balls can then be either frozen, or refrigerated and heated up later with whatever you normally do with your spinach. All the 'spinachy' yukky taste is out of the leaves, and they are lovely. And you can do it in the afternoon when you have company for supper, to cut down on cooking time.

Had something of a breakthrough today...I was feeling a bit down about my body and especially my legs (which are v short and v fat) and then suddenly I thought, well, there are loads of women out there with lovely legs, and so everyone who wants to look at lovely legs has legs to look at, and all those women are getting the pleasure of having their legs being aesthetically pleasing to lots of people. So that whole expereince is out there. So I dont really have to worry about not having it myself. The leg lovers can be satisfied and the possessors of lovely legs can be satisfied, and I can get on with passing on spinach recipes (which I do rather well.....). And eating what makes me feel good, which just happens to be healthy SBD friendly food. Interestingly. So how is that for a breakthrough?

I then ran through the theory with a friend on the phone, using the example of her ex now being with another woman and maybe that was ok as he was getting to make love to a beautiful woman and the new woman was getting the experience of the man making love to her and therefore the experience was out there so maybe my friend did not need to feel so bad. She did not seem comforted. Cant think why.

I am reading a biog of Teresa of Avila. She would have approved of my stance on things. The spinach too, no doubt. She famously said 'there is a time for prayer and a time for partridge'. Too right.

Last edited by clovey; 07-14-2004 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:23 AM   #5  

Good Morning chickies!

Mama Hope your slepp hangover goes away soon. WTG on getting so much written.

Ruth I have little tolerance for toxic people like yoiu described. I feel bad for her poor kids...

LC My little one is already up too! I got up early for a little quiet time- she must have heard me.

Not much on the agenda for today. A friend and I are taking cupcakes and pizza to our daycare provider to surprise her for her birthday. We don't actually know when her birthday is, but it is sometime in July. We figured it would be a treat for her not to prepare lunch for the kids. The kids have each made her a little card too. Hopefully no one has spilled the beans and this really is a surprise!

Day 2 OP for me yesterday, although I seem to be fighting temptations more than before vacation. A few more days of Phase 1 will cure that!
Old 07-14-2004, 08:24 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I'll help you with the cement. What a horrible woman!!

Mamacita, you need about six coffees.

Little Chick! 30 days!?!? And anyhow, aren't you the most organized woman HERE!?

I'm going to the Y. Damnit. And then to my parents new place to paint or something. crap.
I went to Loblaws yesterday with Mom. Bought two gorgeous, wedge-shaped, bright orange cordoroy cushions for our bedroom. Six red, faux-leather square placemats for the dining room. And a large jute rug. No, I didn't buy any food. These superstores are RIDICULOUS! It trapped me into buying stuff to decorate my house!
Old 07-14-2004, 08:26 AM   #7  

Morning Clovey and Ellis!

Have a good Wednesday!
Old 07-14-2004, 08:27 AM   #8  

Hi Clovey and Karen! I missed your posts! Clovey, I love your leg story.
Karen, I'm glad your exam went well!
Old 07-14-2004, 08:27 AM   #9  

Hi Karen, we posted together. Cupcakes and pizza sounds great. There is a chef over here called Nigella Lawson who has been pioneering the return of the cup cake to the birthday agenda. She is especially keen on pretty things like lavender cup cakes. Sadly all my friends keep producing boy children thus cutting out the princess element of birthday cake making (although I am lavenderising my great nephew, much to my niece's horror..... ). So the cupccakes have to be just for the mummys....
Old 07-14-2004, 08:30 AM   #10  

Hi Ellis, I like the sound of that homey stuff. cushions are always worth buying. Is this a sexist comment or do you think it is the basic gender differance.....I have never met a man who understood the pleasure of cushion purchase.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:32 AM   #11  

Well, I hate to generalize, but I have a couple of gay male friends who have an eye for colour and a feel for cushion purchasing...
Old 07-14-2004, 08:36 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, they have to feel something!
I have a friend who says, "Just because I'm gay, don't expect me to have good taste." And he is right. I cringe when I see his house.
Quit stalling, Ruthie, and go for the darn shot!
Old 07-14-2004, 08:38 AM   #13  

good morning beach beauties,
not alot going on here today. all i've been doing all week is working all day and watching baseball games all night. i am totally pooped. hopefully this will be the last week for dd to play in all-stars i think the whole family needs a rest by this time in the season. not to mention her all-star coach is a real jerk and so she just doesn't seem to be having much fun. dd is a real trooper though so she is hanging in till the bitter end. i've been op by day and totally off at night which i know won't get me anywhere. no real excuse i do have to get to the grocery store we seem to be running out of everything which doesn't help much when i am trying to be good. we got our tickets for the nascar race yesterday finally really good seats from the looks of it, i called the hotel i booked in pocono to check on our reservations and they said they never recieved them so i have to sort that out. this hotel is booked but they offered us a room in one of their new york locations for that weekend??? is it just me or would it be extremely stupid of us to drive to new york to sleep just to turn around and drive back to pa for the race???

ruth- good luck with the clean up, all i can say is your fair board is lucky to have you can you imagine no potties??? have a great day!!

little chick- i need the organization article, i am totally lacking these days!!

mama- glad to hear you slept better.

to all the rest of you beauties yet to post have a great day on the beach!!
Old 07-14-2004, 08:53 AM   #14  

wow i must of took a long time typing that last post you all popped in on me.

clovey- sexy legs, spinach recipes, good sex it's all a matter of preference. now lavender cup cakes there is a subject i can bite into. have a great morning?? afternoon??? just have a good day.

ellis- the cushions sound wonderful. i love to go out and but little things for my house, it is true tho those superstores suck you right in by the time you get to the checkout you have a new table to match the new placemat that compliments the new dishes that went with those glasses you picked that will someday hold the milk you went shopping for and couldnt fit in your cart. have fun painting!!!

karen- what a nice birthday surprise!!! have fun.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:56 AM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamacita
Would have had a salad, but I accidentally froze the lettuce. Mamacita
I understand that feeling. Was covering a friend's store yesterday and didn't realize that her fridge was turned up to MAX. Ended up with frozen salad, frozen cottage cheese (which I didn't even know could happen,) and frozen carb-free salad dressing. Defrost comes in handy sometimes!

Morning ladies. I'm getting ready to go to work, just thought I'd pop on and see how everyone's morning is going. This thing has become addictive! I used to make fun of my fiance for checking out his car forums all the time, but now I know why he does it.

Better get going. I have a state-wide meeting to go to today, gotta meet a co-worker to carpool in less than an hour.

Everyone have a great day!
Closed Thread