South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #31  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
What a frassing keener you are, Sweet Ellis!
Yeah, I know, eh? snort.

Okay, thanks to Our Great Goddess Suzanne, the Freezer/Make Ahead Meals section is UP!!
Thanks, Suzanne!!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:09 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol28
Sarahyu - Your recipes sound great. Is the Chinese pork one OK for Phase 2? I miss Chinese food.

Moderators, if the recipe posts are changed, please identify recipes according to Phase.
Hmmm, well.. I think it would be ok for p1. I would double check your hoisin sauce. Some have more sugar then others. I was going with the amount of sugar would be divided among several servings. So in the long run, it's not too bad

Would it be possible just to copy this thread over to one of the freezer sections? I wouldn't know which one to stick it in. Or should I just cut and paste? I'm very good at cutting and pasting

Last edited by sarahyu; 08-11-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-16-2004, 01:52 AM   #33  
Skeptikca

Default Freezing batches of chicken/ground meats etc

I don't post that often, but had some time to read tonight. Read what some of you do when you buy in bulk and freeze in individual ziplocs or packaging machines.

We Individually Quick Freeze stuff (IQF). If you've ever bought those big bags of chicken at Costco, for example, it's the same idea. Take a large cookie sheet (preferably one that has slightly raised sides). Spray the bottom lightly with cooking spray (butter, olive, whatever is appropriate for the type of food you are freezing). Wash your chicken pieces, or prepare meatballs or steaks or whatever and lay them out across the cookie sheet, sides not touching if you can avoid it.

Put the tray in the freezer for as long as it takes to freeze the pieces. I usually put mine in overnight. In the morning I take them off the tray frozen (sometimes I have to bang the tray to loosen them) and put as many of them as I can fit in a single one gallon ziploc.

Then you can take out as many pieces as you want on an as needed basis.

Have fun!
Old 08-16-2004, 08:55 AM   #34  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks for the great tip, Skeptikca!
Closed Thread